What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Brothers - Queen

Am I the only one who finds queen a bit, well, naff?

Novelty songs about bikes and how they love their car.

I can listen to one song but a whole album would do my head in.

Growing up they were liked by the same people at school who listened to Genesis (when the bald one was the singer) and Dire Straits.

Maybe it would be different if I’d been a bit older or younger. Similar to having to discover that Rod Stewart and Tina Turner weren’t always the embarrassing cartoons they had become in the mid 80s.

Similar thoughts unfortunately (including the Dire Straits sentiment 🤮) I was obsessed with Bo Rap when I was 9/10 due to Wayne's World, but overplayed the greatest hits albums due to this. Can only listen to hammer to fall or brighton rock on the odd occasion, a lot of the rest I find toe curling sadly😳 as a performer Freddie was unreal.

I can listen to one song but a whole album would do my head in.

Growing up they were liked by the same people at school who listened to Genesis (when the bald one was the singer) and Dire Straits.

Maybe it would be different if I’d been a bit older or younger. Similar to having to discover that Rod Stewart and Tina Turner weren’t always the embarrassing cartoons they had become in the mid 80s.
I’m with you John . I get it , Freddie incredible frontman etc , but it’s all a bit Alan Partridge leather driving gloves for me.

I’m with you John . I get it , Freddie incredible frontman etc , but it’s all a bit Alan Partridge leather driving gloves for me.
Alan Partridge would have **** himself when he saw the i want to break free video, then called his mp , then the police..... ha ha ha, another great thing about queen back in the day , took some balls to do that!!

I think that’s partly down to the longevity of their songs and how cheap marketing loves nothing more than literal lyrics - snippet about cycling? Let’s play Bicycle Race. Did a team win? We Are The Champions. :rolleyes:

I used to love Queen 70s/80s…. Wayne’s World made Bohemian Rhapsody infamous but not for the best reasons, but there are so many unique incredible sounds they produced - bass on Another One Bites The Dust, vocals on Under Pressure, piano and lyrics on Somebody To Love (best Queen song IMO), rawness of We Will Rock You I think was a range beyond any other band at that time and probably still now. And One Vision drum solos made me buy a drum kit :) And of course their videos were pretty unique too…

I saw them at Wembley in 86 (supported by Quo, The Alarm and a fairly unknown INXS) and they were amazing. Never thought they could exist in any form after Freddie died but I really like them with Adam Lambert.

Top 4 albums is tricky as they all have hit and miss songs:

Jazz
Kind Of Magic
The Works
Day At The Races

No longer my favourite band, I wonder if they are a bit old now to be popular enough for a pinball…

Indeed, what a set list!
I was only 13 at the time and the blokes from the local pub I’d gone with were upset they hadn’t played what they considered one of their best live tracks. Spread Your Wings, a track I’d never heard of.
It was certainly an eye opener for a young lad like me. The beer tents had ran out of beer a long time before Queen came on and were selling 1 litre boxes of wine for £5! In 1982. Regardless of cost, these were soon all gone too. 😀
Very Happy Days

Indeed, what a set list!
I was only 13 at the time and the blokes from the local pub I’d gone with were upset they hadn’t played what they considered one of their best live tracks. Spread Your Wings, a track I’d never heard of.
It was certainly an eye opener for a young lad like me. The beer tents had ran out of beer a long time before Queen came on and were selling 1 litre boxes of wine for £5! In 1982. Regardless of cost, these were soon all gone too. 😀
Very Happy Days
Thanks for sharing this. Great story! Love hearing things like this. 👍🏻👍🏻

I really wanted this pin to be good but the call outs seem dull and not keen on the music being live .Definitely need to play this and want to be wrong,
Yeah I totally agree . It’s like it was made by people who have no clue who Queen were, or don’t give a ****. Using up the licence etc Very bland . I hope I am wrong to…

@myPinballs - when I was at School - my best pals dad was the big boss of the fire department at the NEC birmingham.

If we wanted to go to any gigs, we just asked him - and he would walk in with his pass and we could stand pretty well where we wanted as this guy had the power to stop any event held at the NEC in the name of 'fire safety'.

We went on all three nights of the 'Works' tour at the NEC . Got into a soundcheck on the final night, and they asked us if we wanted to watch the gig from the side of the stage (I think the stage manager heard who we were with). Brian showed me his guitar, amplifier and effect units I so wish I could re-live that night again and again.

Met Brian twice since then, he is such a great bloke but unfortunately does not know how to say 'no' to rubbish pinball art.

@myPinballs - when I was at School - my best pals dad was the big boss of the fire department at the NEC birmingham.

If we wanted to go to any gigs, we just asked him - and he would walk in with his pass and we could stand pretty well where we wanted as this guy had the power to stop any event held at the NEC in the name of 'fire safety'.

We went on all three nights of the 'Works' tour at the NEC . Got into a soundcheck on the final night, and they asked us if we wanted to watch the gig from the side of the stage (I think the stage manager heard who we were with). Brian showed me his guitar, amplifier and effect units I so wish I could re-live that night again and again.

Met Brian twice since then, he is such a great bloke but unfortunately does not know how to say 'no' to rubbish pinball art.
Great story ! What a memory to have! Brilliant.

Yeah i doubt they are even involved in checking the art. Probably sone other company /licensing grunts

I'd actually kind of hoped the band might be more interested in how it turned out... I remember the intro to One Vision has Brian playing Harlem Globetrotters... guess there's no inherent love of pinball in the band though given how the artwork turned out :(

I'd actually kind of hoped the band might be more interested in how it turned out... I remember the intro to One Vision has Brian playing Harlem Globetrotters... guess there's no inherent love of pinball in the band though given how the artwork turned out :(
Roger Taylor has pinball machines. Quite a few EMs.

I'm afraid queen fans will be disappointed by this game. Or at least the game I played at Pinball Expo. It feels super cheap and the code was underwhelming. Layout wise it feels a lot like Black Knight:SOR to me with a lot more clunk. They all seemed to have tech problems during the show also, guessing they will use the word "proto type" as an excuse for that.

I'm afraid queen fans will be disappointed by this game. Or at least the game I played at Pinball Expo. It feels super cheap and the code was underwhelming. Layout wise it feels a lot like Black Knight:SOR to me with a lot more clunk. They all seemed to have tech problems during the show also, guessing they will use the word "proto type" as an excuse for that.
I felt the same playing it at expo but I didn’t bother mentioning this as I know they can improve the code like they’ve done on alien

Clunk fest was an understatement, not to mention you couldn’t hear it either

The thing that ****es me off most is the **** artwork! I may have mentioned that once or twice lol!!! …

Back
Top Bottom