What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball at warp factor 8 .... long live the Electric Circus .. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve brum

Site Supporter
After 2 years at the current venue the electric circus is on the move

The current venue has never come close to breaking even but one of the main reason I took on industrial space was so I and my friends could actually play my own games some of which had been been tombstoned for decades.

Plus to work on projects etc

As I was renting storage containers at the time I was happy to subsidise the costs.

The bonus that people could play a large selection of machines in a public place of course.

When I was made redundant for the 3rd time in 5 years last March that made things more tricky hence the cull of machines at the time.

To be honest the buying and selling of jukeboxes , video games etc has keep the venue going since then .

You have space you can take the big stuff.

Since then I have been hunting proper commercial premises and let's just say (Courtney will vouch for this ) a roller coaster ride of shenanigans.

Anyway new premises are sorted.

More details to follow but

We hope to have around the same number and range of machines as now including many games not on display at the current venue

Also because the new venue has less storage space and moving 70 plus games (plus van loads of parts playfields etc etc) is never a barrel of fun we will be selling off a load of games from board less projects to A list titles

This cull starts with a few games on eBay tonight.

There will be a "free play for a set time set payment" session but most of the time games will be on coin play

This led to hard decisions selling games I love but we're never going to take modern coins like Funhouse and Rollergames.

However other games including the older classics like Centaur Black Knight and High Speed will stay in a " free play session only "area until we get a supply of mechanical mechs

The new venue is still in the Miidlands but not in Birmingham as we were priced out .

Such a desirable place lol

It will be open 7 days a week . 11am til late

And yes it has a pool table

And bar football

And SKY sports

It will even have legal to play bandits

It has a flat "above the shop" so no more buses for me to endure

And yes it is FULLY licensed

So beer ( lots and lots ) pinball and live music

The current venue will stay open with at least 25 pins until 30th April including a long 4 day easter weekend .

We may have a lot of free parts to be taken away as at the moment there are crates and crates of stuff .

Back to work for us but watch this space!

Good luck with the new place Steve. Not sure if I'll make it to the old one again before you close, but I'll be looking forward to visiting the new one.

More details to follow when we set a launch date . Lots of crucial electrics plumbing etc to deal with before games. But we did set up CJ and a jukebox for the work people (not for us honest! )

That's great news Steve. I've enjoyed my visits over and look forward to seeing the new place.

Pinballl on location is never a bad thing, all the very best with your new venture - here is hoping it works out.

Unfortunately you dont put your name over the door anymore . Just a notice in each bar . (Yep we have more than one lol) that you are the "designated premesis supervisor"

Ah man, absolutely gutted I missed the opportunity to come visit Electric Circus 1. Only recently gotten into the hobby and found Electric Circus on a web search and was planning a visit up. The promise of a set entrance fee and machines on free play was a potent lure and had the Mrs and I really looking forward to going.

Sorry to read you’ve had to close Steve but wish you every success with the new Electric Circus 2. I’ll definitely pay this new place a visit once you’re ready to make the new location known.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom