What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Pin For Pub

I agree if you have them in a line and boxed in. But stuck out in its own it needs to sell itself. The bright decals on fishy will do this.. 50% folk will walk past it and think it’s a tired game..

I agree if you have them in a line and boxed in. But stuck out in its own it needs to sell itself. The bright decals on fishy will do this.. 50% folk will walk past it and think it’s a tired game..
50% will probably take one luck and think what the fook is that, it's what, pinball, never seen one before........ Only seen fruits, penny pushers and crane grabbers. Like I said, not spending £200 plus getting new decs, labour, filler etc for what might get trashed. Will do that if it doesn't work and sell on

It’s only people on here that know it’s badly faded. It looks fine enough to me, if someone is into pinball they will put a few quid in. If they are not into pinball, having it looking new won’t make them anymore likely to drop a quid in.

Maybe it’s just me but when I see a pin, I look at the back glass to see what it is (if I don’t know it) then I go over and look at the condition of the playfield, flippers and rubbers etc. Then normally drop £2 in case it’s in good nick

Good Decals on fishy pop.. Granted in a bar where it’s dark then it’s not an issue.. but looking at the photos it looks a sort of family type bar which probably does well in afternoon sittings etc. You won’t see the LED’s in a well lit area..

What attacks people to play on any types of machine ?

bright flashing lights and big noises make people play on machine !

That's what I think anyway :thumbs:

No one outside of the hobby would ever notice if a game is faded or give a ****!

'Hmmm, that Fish Tales cabinet is yellow, it should be orange, not getting my coin'. If it had new orange stickers on it, would deffo play it' :rolleyes:

Most people are going to be looking at that great big fish on top. The decals are fine.

I disagree. You still see how bright good quality leds are in a well lit area. They almost light up the ceiling. I know i had a faded getaway in a pub and then had all the cabinet done so it was nice and bright. Nobody even noticed. Very few people care about how the cabinet looks if you're not one of us insane forum members. For home use, i agree. It does looks great with a bright cabinet. For a pub... well i wouldn't do it.
I'd proabbly ask them to dim out the lights in that area and stick in leds.

What i do agree on with Kenny is, yes personally i would comment on the decals "ohhh this needs new decals here, look at this cab fade babe, look at it!" My girlfriend would roll her eyes and turn away and I'd sink about 5 pounds into it.

Was this the best area for the pinball machine to go in by the way? I'd imagine people leaning on it when a football match is on. Be prepared for those people who try and balance a pint on the glass. It happens

Was this the best area for the pinball machine to go in by the way? I'd imagine people leaning on it when a football match is on. Be prepared for those people who try and balance a pint on the glass. It happens
There's about 3-5 screens in there of differing sizes so not to worried. Yup, people may try and balance a pint on it but I can't babysit it all the times the pub is open. Time will tell......

There's about 3-5 screens in there of differing sizes so not to worried. Yup, people may try and balance a pint on it but I can't babysit it all the times the pub is open. Time will tell......
It will be fine. The beer seal will do it's thing if it's needed. You'll soon be known as the pinball man in that place.

"Pinball man is here!"

Tbh guys, week one reliability fine not as much as I'd like financially only £25 then split 50/50. Second week reliability fine but not gone to divi up yet. Not sure it's in the right location but only time will tell.

Probably not far off what I expected. Not sure what the nightlife is like in Crewe but back in the day (1990's) when I was playing pinball in the wild they were either in the student/biker pubs closest to the popular nightclubs (The Rigger Newcastle-under-Lyme), or in the arcade at the Odeon, Festival Park.

Not pulling trigger yet though till world cup is over. 2 weeks is not enough to get a better understanding as too how it goes

Just leave it in there and forget about it. Make sure the bar manager lets you know of any problems or just pop in for a beer and a game. That cash box won't overflow in a year.

I had £176 after 6 weeks, just under £30 a week so not too far off. The landlord said sometimes it would go for days without being played then a group would come in and stick a tenner in it. Reckon school summer holidays will be more lucrative. No maintenance issues yet so it is basically free money. :)

I had £176 after 6 weeks, just under £30 a week so not too far off. The landlord said sometimes it would go for days without being played then a group would come in and stick a tenner in it. Reckon school summer holidays will be more lucrative. No maintenance issues yet so it is basically free money. :)

Or free storage with some money on top ;)

Back
Top Bottom