What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pin/chill out room build

How you getting on with leds?
My third driver arrived plugged in. The panel did a lot of flashing like old style fluorescent starting up but came on nice n bright.
I came back later turned the lights on. The panel flashed once and now refuses to come on. I’m done now and have asked for a full refund for all 4 panels

Jesus what a load of crap, waiting for mine to turn up not sure if it’s the whole thing or driver they are sending. I too have no confidence in these now.
I have bought loads of the non branded without any issues but these are on or off and fixed colour, thought Osram would have been ok but not to be.
Sorry you are having problems mate, thought they would be ok☹

Last edited:
I used a track system with WiFi controllable LED GU bulbs.

I have a track above almost the head of the player pointing at the space above the pinball machine - it bounces light off and there is no direct glare on the machine. I can add/remove as many lights as I like and control them in groups or individually.

d1c5d0fb339b3ec243025fb2267193d4.jpg

7384a41f6d46650a64be4460a5c8a5a7.jpg

The lights are also controllable via a remote control that comes with them.

I can take better close ups if you want to see more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

https://www.ledhut.co.uk/240v-single-circuit-white-2m-track.html

is the track light available in different sizes and lengths. and you can join them if you want (I just had one long circuit that had them all connected to and then onto a regular switch).

https://www.ledhut.co.uk/240v-gu10-track-fitting-white-2.html

is the light holder, you can put quite a few of these in...

https://www.lights.co.uk/gu10-wiz-led-bulb-set-of-2-with-remote-rgb-white.html

yikes bulbs are pricey now! but you could use normal bumbs and a dimmer switch or Philips Hue bulbs

Yes thanks Neil, I was looking at track lighting!
As panel lighting is commercial pretty sure there will be better alternatives coming out so will be watching what’s available as it’s the easiest solution.

Had my replacement driver this morning, just replaced it and working again.
Going to ask them if they sell them for spares as can’t find them anywhere.

E2AAE0BB-0029-45D3-AB97-DBA20100274F.jpeg

Last edited:
Taking mine down today. I’ve asked for my money back. Something that supposed to last 1000’s of hours and it doesn’t fill me with confidence at all. Think may go down @Neil McRae track route. Need to find a bladdy big box now.
Third driver fitted in vid.
Vid too large 🤪

Looks ace. I’ve seen these for cinema rooms. Do you not need more or greater light when working on the machines though?

There's a ceiling light in the center but yea,
I'll just a battered powered LED lamp.
Hopefully I wont be working on the games too much............:p

So is that a giant star cloth for the ceiling. I have black out curtains on the walls and ceilings in my cinema room that I acquired when working for a tv & film lighting company that also doubled up as sound deadening in the room😎

Taking mine down today. I’ve asked for my money back. Something that supposed to last 1000’s of hours and it doesn’t fill me with confidence at all. Think may go down @Neil McRae track route. Need to find a bladdy big box now.
Third driver fitted in vid.
Vid too large 🤪
LED’s can be hit or miss, Ive changed loads of the lamps with them in, branded and unbranded but never had a panel go until mine went last week.
The LED’s last it’s the electronics that normally fail and never believed the lifetime claims as I’ve seen enough fail.

I like even an light spread , I was looking at track lighting first but think it works better with higher ceilings over standard but much easier to maintain. Not cheap for decent stuff.
Hope it goes well with the refund, they seem an ok company. You wanted rgb lighting so maybe it’s done you a favour😉

Back
Top Bottom