What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pin cars

Have you looked at the Nissan X-Trail? On paper it seems to offer the most space (7 seater too) with the best fuel economy and lowest road tax of any SUV. Worth a look.

Have you looked at the Nissan X-Trail? On paper it seems to offer the most space (7 seater too) with the best fuel economy and lowest road tax of any SUV. Worth a look.

Yeah I have but im not a fan of Nissan's tbh. The X-Trail is only 175bhp though getting an average 44mpg and £145 annual tax. The XC60 is 225bhp getting an average 53mpg and only £130 annual tax.

The interior on a XC60 looks a bit more premium too.

Yeah I have but im not a fan of Nissan's tbh. The X-Trail is only 175bhp though getting an average 44mpg and £145 annual tax. The XC60 is 225bhp getting an average 53mpg and only £130 annual tax.

The interior on a XC60 looks a bit more premium too.

Yeah the Volvo is probably the nicer car tbh. I hired a few while I was living in Sweden and did like it a lot. Although the front end of the car is MASSIVE and hard to judge in multi-storeys. What are your thoughts on the XC90?

Yeah the Volvo is probably the nicer car tbh. I hired a few while I was living in Sweden and did like it a lot. Although the front end of the car is MASSIVE and hard to judge in multi-storeys. What are your thoughts on the XC90?

Was looking at the new XC90 in the dealership. It's an absolute beast! Very nice peice of kit but a bit out of my price range at £50,000 lol!

I love the new designs Volvo are going with nowadays. They're no longer the uncool boxy looking granddad cars they used to be.

Was looking at the new XC90 in the dealership. It's an absolute beast! Very nice peice of kit but a bit out of my price range at £50,000 lol!

I love the new designs Volvo are going with nowadays. They're no longer the uncool boxy looking granddad cars they used to be.

Yeah, the new ones look to be heavily influenced by Audi design cues....whereas Audi has taken a huge step backward on the latest Q7. Let us know how the Volvo turns out. I need a (much) bigger car than my A3 but have to wait until August.

Been to the Volvo dealership today and we measured the boot opening on a brand new XC60. The opening is 76cm high from the floor and with the back seats down 176cm deep. Measured WPC and Data East cabinets with the heads folded down, and they sit at 74cm high, 131cm long. So standard pinball cabinets should slide in no problem without dismantling and no danger of damaging the roof lining as it goes higher past the boot opening. Looks like i'll be getting the car I wanted afterall. :thumbs:

Pete, there's only one way to tell, and that's by trying. i was convinced our new Audi Q5 would be a cinch, as it looks like a tank,the opening was a nice big 79-80cm (imeasured up beforehand), and it was long enough inside for Robert Percy Wadlow to have a kip in it. *But* the rear seats, when they fold, don't fold fully flat. so as i tried pushing the machine it, it was pushing into the roof. i really really really miss my old Honda Jazz. even my new replacement pinmover, the Citroen Xsara Picasso has nothing on it with its bumpy floor and its need to remove seats. seriously, i would never again buy a car (unless described on the cars v pins database as 'yes, everything') without driving to the potential collection point with a proper full sized modern BWS or Stern to test.

@Carl Spiby created this from an original file i think Martin Ayub and the yahoo regulars put together, but i have edit rights on it now, so please let me know any additions, yes or no, or pertinent details. it is a total pain in the **** to have to unbolt or whatever, we all just wanna load it in and shut the boot and go.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...FNSl6nI7sbIrFep23Ms/edit?pli=1#gid=1668764259

Been to the Volvo dealership today and we measured the boot opening on a brand new XC60. The opening is 76cm high from the floor and with the back seats down 176cm deep.

Measured WPC and Data East cabinets with the heads folded down, and they sit at 74cm high, 131cm long. So standard pinball cabinets should slide in no problem without dismantling and no danger of damaging the roof lining as it goes higher past the boot opening.

Looks like i'll be getting the car I wanted afterall. :thumbs:
Bally midway won't fit into an xc 90 without boot open. Takes a wide body JD Bally without issue though

Anyone managed a table in a BMW 5 series touring? Presumably with the back box off... I've access to 3 other cars I can just about get legs and balls into :D

Anyone managed a table in a BMW 5 series touring? Presumably with the back box off... I've access to 3 other cars I can just about get legs and balls into :D

I've moved a few Bally Williams tables in a 5 series touring (E61 but I doubt the new ones are any different.) It can be done but is a bit of a PITA. You'll have to remove the backbox completely as the boot opening isn't tall enough, even if you just undo the hinges and slide it down. Not sure if a Stern would fit though as its still quite tight.

Ideally you'll need 3 people to help load up. The backbox has to go in first, lay it down flat just behind the seats. Then the machine can be lifted in to the car coin door first and pushed up to the backbox. Next you'll want a person either side of the car to lift the backbox up to the roof via the rear doors with a third person to push the machine home underneath it. Bring a load of towels/blankets and other packing materials to protect both the machine/backbox and car from damage and stop it from sliding off when you're driving. It may be possible to do it a different way but I was never able to work out how. I'm pretty sure I tried putting the backbox beside the machine even at an angle and there just wasn't enough space. If the opening was just an inch taller then you could load a machine in one move. I have a van now instead which can eat at least 6 at a time which I highly recommend if you can! :cool::thumbs:

Thanks for a fantastic explanation, I'd imagined something of that ilk. I think I'll stick to renting vans. Mind you, most of my movement and/or purchasing is done for now at least.

Bally midway won't fit into an xc 90 without boot open. Takes a wide body JD Bally without issue though

How is this? There seems to be ample length to push it all the way forward so boot closure will be well out of the way.

Or are you talking about those dreaded "banana" cabs? I hate those things.

Length no problem. Bed is nice and flat as well. The back box just sits about 1cm too high on the corners. It was a strange science I had. The JD went in perfect with about 2cm to spare on the wide body.

F11 BMW 5 Series estate is 73cm so not really going to be useful as a pincar.

@Carl Spiby created this from an original file i think Martin Ayub and the yahoo regulars put together, but i have edit rights on it now, so please let me know any additions, yes or no, or pertinent details. it is a total pain in the **** to have to unbolt or whatever, we all just wanna load it in and shut the boot and go.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...FNSl6nI7sbIrFep23Ms/edit?pli=1#gid=1668764259

Ha, my description will have put a few people off - with rear seat collapsed - which is only pulling on two different handles on each side of the car then it's done (folds up neatly out of the way)... :rolleyes:

The new Skoda Kodiaq looks like a seriously interesting contender.

The new Skoda Kodiaq looks like a seriously interesting contender.
You mean the Q3 / Alteca / Tiguan ! All the same car, just depends which of last years parts bin they used. If they follow the standard rules of VASS Group then a pin won't fit. Good looking motor though...

You mean the Q3 / Alteca / Tiguan ! All the same car, just depends which of last years parts bin they used. If they follow the standard rules of VASS Group then a pin won't fit. Good looking motor though...

Same platform but it's quite a bit longer than the Tiguan. Boot size is much bigger than an E Class. Front seat also stows away so you can fit items up to 2.8m in length with the boot shut.

And today I can confirm that a WPC erase game fits in a Jeep Renegade and you don't need to slide the head forward. Very happy chappy here.20170402_114050.jpg 20170402_114028.jpg

A bit of a curve ball...(yes frugal I know..cool! Definitely not! ..Retro/classic possibly:hmm:)but if you are on a budget the Honda CR-V mk1 is fantastic...seats fold flat with room to put the headrests underneath them...roof height is plenty high enough with backbox folded..and is wide enough for a widebody.(roadshow etc.). great height only about 3 inches higher than a pin on its legs. A quick lift and she's in....cost me £440 3 years ago and still shifting pins today and not broken down once! With room for the legs and sacktrucks too!
Fantastico! Mes amigo's.........:cool:
**FOOTNOTE: saves you £49,560 on a new Volvo.** :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom