What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pin cars

newdos

Site Supporter
Alias
Newdos
Hi Guys

Looking for a runaround car soon but a pin must fit.
So, does anyone know if a 90s bally williams pin will fit into a vauxhall meriva, or Citroen C3 picasso without head removal sliding etc

Also open to suggestion for cars :)

Cheers

kev

I think you know your into pinball when your priorities for a car are "a pin must fit"
But most of us have had this thought!!!
I remember looking for a member's house to pick up a part and ended up identifying it by the logic of would a pin fit in the car parked outside!

Kev,

There is a list somewhere on the forum of pin cars.

Can't comment on your 2 listed but I did have a mitsubishi Outlander which took pins easily. Which is the same as a Citroën crossover if your after something like that?

thanks chaps will take a look at see if these two are on there

Cheers

kev

A Citroen C5 Estate is superb for moving pins. You can get a WMS widebody AND three people in.

Yep, took one after NLP and it fitted in there no issue. Poibug has even had super wide body pins in the back of his before.

Skoda Octavia & Superb estates both will take a pin but backbox has to be removed.

I think you know your into pinball when your priorities for a car are "a pin must fit"

I sold a Lotus for this exact reason. Trouble was the Saab i bought STILL didn't fit a pin without moving the head! As I have a poor record in this respect and am currently deciding what to get next, any of these pin worthy?

Citroen C4 Cactus
Citroen DS4 Crossover
Volvo V40
Jeep Renegade

Careful of the Saab 9-3 Estate. Lovely car and looks like it will take a pin. But it doesn't! :mad:

My vote is for the trusty Ford Focus Estate. A great pin carrier.

Passat estate is a no no. I was gutted when I tried to get a pin in and it wasn't high enough! Had to unbolt the head :(

Plenty of length but not enough girth!

Depends on the year of the model. There are loads of these in work but only some of them take a Pin (without removing head)

2010 Octavia & 2011 Superb backbox needs to come off, think Chris b has a VW touran

Vauxhall Zafira B definitely takes 2 pins but only with heads removed. Can def do 1 with head on. I'm 99% certain the slightly smaller Meriva would do a single pin without taking head off.

Jim @myPinballs is selling his old Citroen Picasso: http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/good-pinball-moving-car-2003-53-citroen-picasso.34862/

It definitely takes 2 pins!

img_2348-jpg.38074

Vauxhall Zafira B definitely takes 2 pins but only with heads removed. Can def do 1 with head on. I'm 99% certain the slightly smaller Meriva would do a single pin without taking head off.
thanks Pete - Meriva is another option - kust the c3 picasso seems good value for money and more car like than mpv ie lower to ground

Cheers

kev

I sold a Lotus for this exact reason. Trouble was the Saab i bought STILL didn't fit a pin without moving the head! As I have a poor record in this respect and am currently deciding what to get next, any of these pin worthy?

Citroen C4 Cactus
Citroen DS4 Crossover
Volvo V40
Jeep Renegade

I had an Mitsubishi Outlander same as the crossover, flatbed so pins just slide in and out, no having to lift it over any lip.

That was a good car, now we've got a Ford Ranger, will take a pin but not looking forward to having to lift it into the back!:tut:

I had a Citroen xsara Picasso - that will easily hold a machine. Currently got Mazda CX-5 which also does the job

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom