What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Northern Lights Pinball Show 2018 - 27th,28th Oct. Pinball machine pledge thread.

hey everyone. we have (don’t laugh) booked two nights in the norbreck. fri and sat

my question is : has anyone else ?

after reading the latest tripadvisor reviews i’m starting to think we need to either cancel or seek safety in numbers !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey everyone. we have (don’t laugh) booked two nights in the norbreck. fri and sat

after reading the latest tripadvisor reviews i’m starting to think we need to either cancel or seek safety in numbers !!!!

Book into the Prem Inn, everyone else has. Better save than sorry.
It will be like falling 12000 feet without a parachute after the holiday you have just had.

So did i, until i read those reviews. I rang up and cancelled.

Me
Book into the Prem Inn, everyone else has. Better save than sorry.
It will be like falling 12000 feet without a parachute after the holiday you have just had.
Me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QU

Hi Alan,
Me and Eddie are in the Norbreck for Dinner B&B. I also heard that it wasn’t great but booked it early on so will grin and bear it!
Garry

Me

Me

Hi Alan,
Me and Eddie are in the Norbreck for Dinner B&B. I also heard that it wasn’t great but booked it early on so will grin and bear it!
Garry

I liked one of the recent quotes on Tripadvisor:
The Shining Experience

What can I say! This awesome place gives you an unbelievably true to life experience of the Overlook hotel out of the 1980 film The Shining.

I’ll be honest, I really didn’t know what to expect from the Norbreck experience company, as I really couldn’t fathom how they would reenact Jack Nicholson on an axe wielding rampage whilst crimson waves of blood gushed down the hallways.

But I was wrong.

SO wrong. They nailed it!

Let’s start with the staff. Amazing actors and actresses. Seriously. They totally pulled off the spooky vacant brain washed persona, giving the impression they were being held against their will (whilst not overtly saying so). Not one of them gave even the slightest hint of a smile which is testament to their acting experience and professionalism.

I must also mention the reception and foyer areas as they were really brought to life by that creepy damp smell (with a strong essence of Old Holborn), wailing offshore winds and a litter of filthy clothed zombie children performers who set about using the hotel’s fixtures and fittings as weapons - again, fantastic acting skills from such young and gifted kids.

And then there was the room. My god it was atmospheric! So cold, so weathered and unkempt, and so blinking exciting.

I loved how the seals on the windows were missing and therefore allowing the full force of the Irish seas winds to whoosh around the room like a banshee from a paranormal universe. I especially enjoyed the bathroom window bursting open in the middle of the night causing the pressure in the room to plummet and the volume to increase ten fold - people pay good money for this sort of thing at theme parks and yet we were getting it for nothing, and with no queues!!

Best of all, I woke in the morning with a chest infection, so it really felt like I had spent a night fighting for my life in the Shining’s infamous hotel. I can’t wait to go back again, and will definitely be recommending it to all my elderly relatives.

List of games that will be available to play over the weekend updated.
Hopefully all these are at Blackpool for your enjoyment.
Thankyou to all who have pledged machines and helped out, we would not have a show without you guys.
Thank You and see you over the weekend.

If you're taking a SWB van make sure it's a hi-top if you hope to stand them up. Honestly if taking 4+ pins I suggest trying to get a LWB

What's the latest time we can get in to setup on Friday? I've got to get up from Northampton which will take about 4 hours.

Probably taking the afternoon off work so hoping to leave by 3 ish so will arrive at 7ish depending on traffic.

7pm will be fine.
8pm will be the cut off ,so we need people there before then.

So past few days list has been updated and changed , what game you looking forward to playing/seeing. The Spanish star wars died but it's replacement is a 1958 wood rail called kick off, can't wait to play that.And as a gottlieb nut silver slugger. Anyone played freefall before

So past few days list has been updated and changed , what game you looking forward to playing/seeing. The Spanish star wars died but it's replacement is a 1958 wood rail called kick off, can't wait to play that.And as a gottlieb nut silver slugger. Anyone played freefall before
I have. will look forward to playing it again though. Silver Slugger new to me tho

Mr & Mrs Pac Man for me, the Pin that got me into this madness all of 34 years ago! Fancy a go on Queens Castle too.

Due to unforseen circumstances we have a hotel room booked for the period of the show which will no longer be used.

It is only a single room and is at the Brioni hotel on Blackpool seafront just along from the Norbreck
https://www.expedia.co.uk/Lancashire-Hotels-The-Brioni.h2238142.Hotel-Information?langid=2057

It is booked for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights and costs £31.50 a night including breakfast and wi-fi

If you want it let me know asap before I cancel
I'll also need to check with the hotel that they are happy to transfer the booking before I can say OK for definite

I'll be cancelling it tonight if no one has taken it

David

Nearly bought a Freefall but never played one.
Fast widebody - all about maxing bonus to times 14.

Due to unforseen circumstances we have a hotel room booked for the period of the show which will no longer be used.

It is only a single room and is at the Brioni hotel on Blackpool seafront just along from the Norbreck
https://www.expedia.co.uk/Lancashire-Hotels-The-Brioni.h2238142.Hotel-Information?langid=2057

It is booked for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights and costs £31.50 a night including breakfast and wi-fi

If you want it let me know asap before I cancel
I'll also need to check with the hotel that they are happy to transfer the booking before I can say OK for definite

I'll be cancelling it tonight if no one has taken it

David
All nights taken now

Ticket sales are now over and all have been sent to your addresses tied in with your paypal account
If you haven't received it please check your spam folder - you may also receive another automated email with the same tickets attatched - this is done as some people misplace theirs.They are just copies of what you have allready been sent, if you have allready printed your ticket out you do not have to do it again!!

Thanks for all your support

Last edited:
7pm will be fine.
8pm will be the cut off ,so we need people there before then.

If we miss the 8pm cut off is it possible to set up Saturday morning early doors? I can't leave Hull until 4pm at the earliest which puts me at Blackpool for 7 but have a stop off on the way so could be pushing it to get to Norbeck by 8 particularly if I have issues picking up rented van.

I think that should be ok, will have to be early doors. Hopefully will see you Friday evening.
D.

Back
Top Bottom