What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Northern Lights Pinball Show 2018 - 27th,28th Oct. Pinball machine pledge thread.

All pin loaner please check out the enclosed document about the machine/s you are bringing to the event.
Thank you.

Thank you for your offer to exhibit your games at the Northern Lights Pinball Show. They will be played by a
lot of people, many of them young, who rarely if ever encounter a real pinball machine. We hope to inspire
them to share our love for the game and to help secure the survival and growth of pinball for the future.
In order to ensure the show runs smoothly and presents the best possible experience for players may we
please ask you to adhere to the following guidelines.
1. Safety: It’s important that the games made available for the public to play do not represent a safety risk. The
organisers will be obliged to remove from play any games which do not comply. Please take time to consider
whether there are any aspects of your games which require attention prior to the show. Particular areas for
consideration include:
a. Electrical safety
i. There must be no frayed or loose wires, or damaged plugs
ii. The games should be correctly fused
iii. The games should not be exhibiting any abnormal electrical characteristics
b. Mechanical Safety
i. There should be at least one backbox bolt on every game (except certain DataEast and
Stern games which lock via ratchet and have no provision for bolts)
ii. The coin door should be lockable.
iii. There should be no sharp edges on the games
iv. Each leg should be capable of being attached securely to the game with two leg bolts.
2. Playability: Broken down, or badly functioning games provide a poor experience of pinball to new players
and potential operators. Whilst we know that faults frequently occur, especially on older games please:
a. Wherever possible attend to failing components and intermittent faults prior to the show to prevent
breakdowns during the show
b. Do not send games which are not working or with faults which seriously affect gameplay
Note re repairs: we have very limited ability to undertake repairs during the show and normally only minor
items will be attempted. If you do not wish any repairs to be carried out on your games please let us know
and it will be noted on your key fob. Otherwise it will be assumed that you have granted us permission to
carry out simple repairs.
3. Transportation: Unless you are transporting your own game(s) you can help greatly by preparing your
games for collection. Many owners have their own preferences for this, however the following steps can be
used as a guide:
a. Remove the balls from the game
b. Place foam pipe insulation along the top front edge of the backbox (to prevent damage to side
rails and back box paint) and then fold the backbox onto the cabinet and secure in place using a ratchet
strap or similar – take care not to overtighten, and you may wish to place cardboard or other protection
where the ratchet strap rubs against the cabinet edges to prevent chafing. (Note, if you have an older
game without a backbox hinge, just remove the backbox and send separately).
c. Remove the legs and mark the back of each with your name and the name of the game.
Wrap them together with clingfilm, masking tape, or other non permanent material
d. Place the balls, legbolts, backbolts, Power lead (if detachable) and keys for the game in a
container clearly marked with your name, the name of the game, and the number of balls.
e. Stand the games on end with the container and legs on top
f. Please consider how the games will be moved from their present location to the vehicle; if
necessary please remove obstacles so there is a clear run as the pick up team will usually be running to
a very tight schedule.
g. While the pick up team will make every effort to take care of your games in transit please take
whatever precautions you feel necessary to protect your games from incurring minor knocks and scrapes.
Please try and ensure that your game comes complete with its leads, balls, bolts and keys.
There may be some spares for sale but this cannot be guaranteed

Daz
Poibug is organising a van so put Taf n chair down please and space jam if reqd

At last Blackpool show we did I took this, gives you an idea of the place!

Attachments

• nlps.jpg
    nlps.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 54
Always knew you had a penchant for sweaty emo geeks.

Gonna press the button on the hire of a SWB transit tomorrow. That will fit 4 pins in comfortably I reckon and I’m only teckin’ two so whoever needs owt picking up between Yorkshire and Lancashire speak now or forever and all that...

SWB will take two flat comfortably. More than that though and you'll have to stand them upright.

When they are upright you need to consider games with gun handles - they most likely won't fit the height if it's a standard low roof ford transit

That's my memory at least for what it's worth.

If you want to be strictly above board, there's also a fair chance that you'd be over the legal weight limit with more than two in a transit... But on that you'd have to check. Just a hunch! For your kerb weight I'd estimate 200 kilo per pin (and then also consider fuel weight, passenger and luggage weight). Boring legal stuff I know, but important if you get stopped by police for any reason ;)

All that aside. Massive thanks for bringing pins. Really appreciated :thumbs:

Last edited:
That’s truly good advice mate. I was thinking of machines stood up only so 4 maxinmum only I think

Gonna press the button on the hire of a SWB transit tomorrow.
If it helps we hired the below (Transit SWB?) to take 4 pins to Pinfest. Two upright against the front wall and two flat. Was all pretty snug and tight vertically for the uprights which were Bally SS machines. Comfortable for 2 laid down which just fit between the wheel arches (not sure wide bodies would) with emergency space in case you buy more at the show:)

1538460177284.png

That does help me as it reminds me that the heads need to come off to get 4 in.

I will be hiring a box van with tail lift now!

I'll be having a table in the pinball section selling DotClk pinball animation clocks (£199) and a few DmdXPress screen replacements (£100 basic price, plus PSU and cables as required).

For the DmdXPress I'll have a demo running and 4 units for purchase - I'm also hopeful I'll get a demo of DmdXPress XL, a version for the Sega large screen pins.

Unfortunately I'll only be there for the Saturday - feel free to pop over for a chat :thumbs:

David.

@replicas, Dave Dutton was hoping to throw (well gently place) WOZ on the van if there is any room, to accomodate my pin migration for the Christmas period so i can get my monster Christmas tree in my games room.Do you want this in addition to whats going from mine or is pin space at the venue tight and would you like me to send it instead of say TAF?
I''m easy either way..
Cheers Adie

We can acommadate the WoZ Aidie, we will lose two from Poibug so it's a replacement for those.
Many thanks for loaning us your excellent collection of machines , it's much appreciated.

Check out the first post with a excellent line up of machines for our Blackpool show.
If you still have not got tickets for this then go to the top of this page for the link to discounted tickets.
Hoping to see all the usual faces and a few new ones.

Some have intimated they can't come to Blackpool but may want to help another way.
Well if charity is ok with you and you think it's a good cause, consider supporting our chosen charity this year - a local Blackpool one called Donnas Dream House

Thay have a Just Giving page here

https://www.justgiving.com/donnasdreamhouse

If you donate and feel ok with mentioning NLP or pinball it would bo cool as they would know it came via the Pinball Community

thanks all and see you a week on Saturday!!

Poibug

Back
Top Bottom