What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete No Fear

Great work.
A friend of mine is after his first pinball, please keep me in mind when you are ready to move it on it would be a great first pin for him.
Thanks D.
Thanks.

Will do. My mate who owns Arcade Hub in Hull has first dibs but will send you a PM if he turns it down.

Final bits and bobs arrived today from Pinball Center NL and Pinball Heaven so tonight it was:

Cabinet:

Install 4 new leg plates and new legs.
Reinstall all the bolts in the head.
Reinstall all boards

Playfield:

Finishing off rebuild
Replacing broken hex spacer supporting ramp (common part to break it would seem).
New cave/mountain.
Flipper rebuilds for all 3 flippers.
Replace pawl for ramp flipper (check out pic of old one below (that hole is meant to be a circle not an oval!)).

Tomorrow the playfield will be coming in from the garage and reunited with the cabinet.

Last edited:
Playfield back in. Apron still to put on.

Scraped inside cab putting it back in even with two of us lifting it in so bit of touching up needed.

Also damaged ball launch coil.

4 switches not registering so need to look in to that tomorrow.

Also need a new ball launch button as the switch in the old one just keeps popping out.

Not a bad snag list I didn’t think but need to order bits so won’t be fully complete until mid next week now 🙁

But had a few games on it and it looks and plays awesome. LEDs look mint.

Nice work Andy. A lot of hours go into doing a full breakdown and rebuild. I have never done the decals on a machine but am looking to do one later this year.

I welded rather than bolted my pinball rotisserie last weekend and I blew the bearings with too much heat. My BSD project playfield will becoming out at the weekend so I will test it to see how bad it rotates and I might scrap the bits I have and start again.

Nice work Andy. A lot of hours go into doing a full breakdown and rebuild. I have never done the decals on a machine but am looking to do one later this year.

I welded rather than bolted my pinball rotisserie last weekend and I blew the bearings with too much heat. My BSD project playfield will becoming out at the weekend so I will test it to see how bad it rotates and I might scrap the bits I have and start again.
Thanks for the positive comments. Really appreciate it.

The rotisserie I made was adequate for the job but there were a couple of times when I felt the thing may tip over and one time where the playfield slipped from beneath the clamps and I caught it otherwise it could have been a major disaster. So if I do any more total restorations I think I will invest in a proper one if just for piece of mind. I also didn’t file the edges of the supporting brackets angle iron and snagged my Adidas trackie top on it that I had, had just a couple of weeks so it ended up costing me £40 more in a ruined trackie than the £80 I spent on bits for it 😊).

Getting the cabinet smooth is the key to applying the decals but also important is making sure when you apply the decals the cabinet is totally clean with no dust on it whatsoever as they show through if you trap any underneath. The actual application of the decals is not that difficult once you line them up.

Fixed the non-working switches last night - wire had come loose in connector at board end. Also did temporary fix on busted coil until new one arrives so thing is working perfect now.

Can’t believe what a difference the LEDs make and of course with flipper rebuilds and waxed playfield it plays even quicker than it did before (which was super quick anyway!).

As soon as last few bits arrive from Pinball Heaven, hopefully Tuesday, I’ll be taking some photos all around the machine and then listing for £2,500 or best offer in For Sale section.

Interested to hear about the issues you had with the rotisserie. I can see you have used the metal clamps recommended which were meant to be better and non-flex grip. I have put foam pads on the iron and will do the same with the clamps. A test with my bare TAF plafield showed a few issues that I want to iron out over the weekend with impact engineering to get better alignment.

Ha, I did grind off the edges of the angle iron after I considered if there was anything that was going to harm me as I moved around.

The width of the angle iron I got was not very wide so I think that’s why the clamp slipped off.

I actually ended up screwing the playfield to the angle iron from underneath playfield using standard playfield screws - did a far better job than the clamps.

Ok. Mine is also not very wide due to fear it would hit something on the underside of the playfield. I will look to a solution.

Went for next day delivery for Pinball Heaven parts and they arrived this afternoon so it was straight out with the soldering iron to replace the ball launch coil and then installing new ball launch button and switch.

Now complete, fully working with no boot up errors. Left the side rails protection film on ready for new owner to peel off when I deliver it tomorrow.

Usual apologies for the naff pinball playing in the video (and the state of my games room - I'm decorating) - I blame my daughter putting me off being stood shooting the video over my shoulder 😊

Picking up an AC/DC tomorrow but this one needs no work on it so I can have a break until the next time…

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom