What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete No Fear

Sanding down the wood filler today (and applying some more filler to one or two minor pits I’d missed before. Sanding inside cab. Sanding cabinet bottom (I know no one sees it). Then priming.

Cleaned under playfield.

Cleaned a few plastics.

Company gave everyone a day off today “Mental Health Day” - not bad for a company of 100,000 plus employees - cheers SAP!

Took advantage by fitting LEDs top of playfield and underneath (so much easier with that home made rotisserie - though I bricked it when one of the clamps holding the playfield to the rotisserie frame dropped off and I just managed to grab the playfield before the whole thing fell off! I may invest in a professionally made rotisserie if I do any more restorations like this).

This after I had polished up the playfield with Turtle Wax last night.

Put new rubbers in.

Started to rebuild the playfield - cleaning everything with Ambersil Amberclens foaming cleaner as I went. Got about 80% through it before I called it a night.

Just took a few photos of waxed playfield before I started rebuilding it.

Dymo Letratag, those things are ace! Picked one up at a car boot sale last year for £1.

Subway ramps... can you believe the schmutz on 'em? Cleaned one this week. All looking good so far and moving along nice and quickly too!
👍

Cheers.

Plan to finish playfield tomorrow and put the (relatively) shiny subway ramp back and take loads of after photos to put with the before photos.

Will be a delay then as I need a mate of mine to pick up his Strange Science I have been working on for him I can bring the No Fear in to the house and apply the decals.

I know. This is my second. Great game.

If you miss it, this one will be up for sale when complete for around £2,250 to £2,500, depending on what the final parts bill is (every day I work on it I find stuff that I want to (not necessarily need to) replace 😊).

I’d keep it myself but want some cash to put with some cash I already have so I have a budget of £5k for a more modern pin.

After a few nights putting playfield back together I moved on to the dreaded decal application last night. Got front and right side done and moved on to left side to find a couple of light scratches that I must have picked up bringing cab in to house from garage. So it was out with the Ronseal wood filler and sanding paper again - luckily the wood filler dries really quickly so was able to crack on after a short delay. Got left side and back box done and called it a day at 3am (started about 8).

Fairly happy with results. No dents, scratches, gouges etc. Showing through. Only disappointing think is there are quite a few, what must be dust particles, trapped here and there particularly towards back right leg. Disappointing since as I gave each part a wipe down with a decorator’s wipe before applying each piece. Also moved the pin a bit and one of the back legs moved (clearly a cross threaded leg plate) so I have a tiny wrinkle by back right leg that I will need to try and get rid of with a hairdryer when I fit the new leg plate.

Few bits on order from Pinball Center NL so nothing more can be done until Thursday when they are due to arrive so hope to have it all finished by next weekend.

Last edited:
Will obviously post better photos when I can move machine out in to middle of room.

If I was keeping it I would invest another £180 or so on new legs, lockdown bar and ball launch button but as I intend to move on as soon as complete and will already be losing money on it judging by prices No Fears have sold for recently I’ll leave the new owner to decide if they want to make that investment (you’ve got to stop spending at some point right 😊).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom