What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NLP / Play Expo Manchester - roll call !

Very impressed with @myPinballs work and his hacking workshop, he was still happily explaining his work to people, getting them to think about the workings, right up to the point where I left..

Many thanks. Great to meet people and put faces to names. I got back last night around 10pm just in time to watch the new series of homeland on 4 +1. This morning i can hardly talk and am walking about in a daze! Don't think i've ever spoken to that many people in a weekend in my life!

Great weekend, had a lot a really nice comments about the work i was showing down at the #hackinglab. We managed to find a few bugs in the various pieces of software as the weekend went on, which is all part of it and i think everything stud up pretty well. Multiplayer games and logic were all working as they should to which was something i had concerns about before hand.

Possibly my favourite moment of the weekend though, was when Garry Stern walked passed with some other guests and was explaining what the hacking lab was, what my High Voltage game was and when it was made and where hacking labs/ custom rewrites /software modding/improvements fits into the pinball landscape. :) :) A very smart man, who knows his market and industry perfectly. Thanks Gary!

I'm off now to lie back on my sofa! :)

Mr. Stern certainly seems to have gained himself quite a few brownie points from the UK pinball scene this year! I'm not particularly taken with Stern pins (except maybe TRON) but respect for getting stuck in with the ordinary folk that actually spend sizeable chunks of their income on his company's wares.

Great weekend, had a lot a really nice comments about the work i was showing down at the #hackinglab. We managed to find a few bugs in the various pieces of software as the weekend went on, which is all part of it and i think everything stud up pretty well. Multiplayer games and logic were all working as they should to which was something i had concerns about before hand.
Would love to know more about the Arduino-powered table you had on show: http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/nlp-play-expo-2014-pics.14907/#post-84447 (third photo in that post). Any forth-coming blog articles?

Well, he's taking a prototype to Chicago this weekend so he must have *something* he can show. My guess is that he's just not going to bother with the UK market, which is a shame.
Looks like he's cancelled the Autumn Coin Op show too, this wednesday/thursday, no longer appearing on the floor plan.

Dave Sanders was there but not on company business, pretty sure that no one else from Heighway Pinball came.

I talked to Janos at my stand for a good half hour about various projects i was showing there, some p-roc, some arduino based. He played a few games of Indiana Jones and we found a few things to improve. It was good when other people spotted stuff so i could make a note and improve things.

Awesome weekend and great to see so many of you lovely people.
As usual, I have woken up with a sore throat and no voice from all the stupid shouting I do as Geoff the Ref.
The NLP crew should be really proud of themselves for all the work that goes on before, during and after to make the show happen. Thanks also for the South Coast Slam crew for their usual brand of cool pinball.

Very impressed with @myPinballs work and his hacking workshop, he was still happily explaining his work to people, getting them to think about the workings, right up to the point where I left.

Paul Garner's collecting of machines, with reversed buttons, wired console controllers or dance pad control were also very interesting but they hurt my head a lot.

FH aint bad with reverse flippers if ya play cross-armed - ya look a tw@ but,that is no change for me so no probs :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom