What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NLP / Play Expo Manchester - roll call !

john, be careful, with all these gone for a few days your mrs will get the room back:D

Hah, she's already mentioned it Mark. I'll come back to a dining table or something else 'ridiculous' in the middle of the room....

Right that's me loaded and all ready to go.
Pinball area all marked out today ready for the games turning up tomorrow.
It's going to be a great weekend people.

Have a great time people - alas i'm sitting it out this year due to some unexpected bills and an over-spend from my pinball fund (stupid eBay tempting me).

Looks like it'll be a great show and i'm hoping that if it's repeated next year I can get along with my refurbed R&B.

Is this the best postcode to use to find the trade car park M17 8AS on Satnav?

Can't remember where I saw it now (assume it was on here somewhere) but I saw a photo of a Heighway Pinball crate being loaded up for shipping to the US for some big industry event in Chicago, I think? Or was I dreaming? If that is right, then maybe HP only had time to prioritise that endeavour. I'm sure AH has his reasons and his plans. Such a massive business endeavour. From a business perspective although it would be a lot cooler to hang out with the UK crew at a retro arcade day maybe he'll sell a lot more pins at a big US trade con ;)

I tend to agree @abaxas. Manchester ain't a million miles away from Merthyr Tidfyl. Rocking up at NLP with an improved (finalised?) Full Throttle would go down really well with the UK pinball community. But I can only imagine how difficult building a new business that makes pinball machines, of all things, would be. Just think, a factory, production line, designers, engineers, software programmers, component orders, materials, coffee. Yeah, lots of coffee...

Stern just did it!!! Twd with Gary stern stood next to it, updating with new code :) talk about on the fly!!!

Sorry, Gary Stern of Stern Pinball made it all the way to the UK biggest pinball gathering to stand next to his company's latest pin? If that's true says quite a lot about what he thinks of the UK pinball scene/market.

Interesting...

Sorry, Gary Stern of Stern Pinball made it all the way to the UK biggest pinball gathering to stand next to his company's latest pin? If that's true says quite a lot about what he thinks of the UK pinball scene/market.

Interesting...

They promised him free doughnuts

Interesting...

He also went to the South Coast Slam back in 2010. I had a nice chat with him whilst he guzzled down pint after pint like a true champ.

I noticed Gary Stern had a bottle of Bud' in his hand. Thought he made that appearance in the morning? Likes to get things started, does he? ;)

Awesome weekend and great to see so many of you lovely people.
As usual, I have woken up with a sore throat and no voice from all the stupid shouting I do as Geoff the Ref.
The NLP crew should be really proud of themselves for all the work that goes on before, during and after to make the show happen. Thanks also for the South Coast Slam crew for their usual brand of cool pinball.

Very impressed with @myPinballs work and his hacking workshop, he was still happily explaining his work to people, getting them to think about the workings, right up to the point where I left.

Paul Garner's collecting of machines, with reversed buttons, wired console controllers or dance pad control were also very interesting but they hurt my head a lot.

T

Tho i saw a few of the heighway pinball team there on Saturday and a couple on Sunday

I have to say, More than a little disappointed. I know that Andrew was saying about not showcasing things until they are ready, and i respect that, however just to not bother turning up with a phone call the previous night to say as much isn't really professional...

C'est la vie...

Same here Geoff, tired, aching and croaky but well worth it. A great weekend overall that went really fast !

Here's a pic of Mr Stern himself next to the TWD.

s28.postimg.org_4t267yclp_DSC_0015.jpg

I noticed Gary Stern had a bottle of Bud' in his hand. Thought he made that appearance in the morning? Likes to get things started, does he? ;)
I'm presuming he'd only just flown in so he can always fall back on the 'time difference' excuse when he starts drinking early in the day. Although from what i've seen in some UK airports when I go on holiday there is no such thing as 'too early' for some people. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom