What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nintendo Switch

Untitled Goose Game is fun. My son is addicted to Hades but he’s playing it on the PC now so he can stream it.

Baba Is You is also a very unique game. It’s a puzzle game where you can manipulate the rules of the game world by moving and solving riddles and suchlike.

Streets of Rage 4 is a real nostalgia trip and a must if you were a fan of the originals. We're really enjoying 51 Worldwide Games at the moment too.

Waiting for SOR 4 to be in the sale - I’m tight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally. But I still haven't even caught up with Streets of Rage 4 yet, which looks amazing too.

All hail the brawlers coming back into fashion!

I cant help but feel that these need to be played in an arcade cab tho I was looking at Launchbox today as a front end.. looked good from what I could tell?

I've already put 60 hours into Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne HD Remaster which I highly recommend if you like turn based JRPG's and grinding :thumbs:

Just about to order a Nintendo Switch for the kids for Christmas. Can anyone tell me what the difference is in the Individual vs Family Subscription please? Can 2 kids play an online game with the Individual Subscription? There's zero description on the website.

Just about to order a Nintendo Switch for the kids for Christmas. Can anyone tell me what the difference is in the Individual vs Family Subscription please? Can 2 kids play an online game with the Individual Subscription? There's zero description on the website.
It's certainly overly complicated, I'm not sure of your specific scenario but the fundamental difference is 1 vs 8 online slots and you need a slot for each individual user to play online. A couple of things, firstly you get a trial of NOS with a new Switch so can experiment, secondly you can join slots in somebody elses family (or share your spares).

Are you getting the new OLED model?

It's certainly overly complicated, I'm not sure of your specific scenario but the fundamental difference is 1 vs 8 online slots and you need a slot for each individual user to play online. A couple of things, firstly you get a trial of NOS with a new Switch so can experiment, secondly you can join slots in somebody elses family (or share your spares).

Are you getting the new OLED model?
Christ, I've literally no idea....and I make video games for a living. That's how stupidly complicated it is!

Get the OLED version if you can, the better screen is worth the extra.....unless you'll only play it docked in which case they're the same.

Get the OLED version if you can, the better screen is worth the extra.....unless you'll only play it docked in which case they're the same.
I imagine it will only be docked. Just not sure what the difference is in subscription packages. It's peanuts but the amount of peanuts I'm already paying for is getting into coconuts territory.

Nintendo online is a bewildering mess.

We’ve had nothing but problems despite correspondence directly with Nintendo. You’d think Nintendo of all companies would make it simple.

TLDR go for the family membership otherwise you’ll get problems playing games on one account where the other one has downloaded it.

Ours still isn’t right but I’ve lost the will to chase it any further.

@Rob zombie Just to further complicate, there is a new Expansion membership tier of NSO coming on 26th Oct to include some N64, Megadrive games (to add to NES/SNES library) and Animal Crossing DLC (new N64 & Megadrive retro controllers can be ordered by members too). I've read this will be £34.99 single / £60 family per year.

If multiple players are sharing the Switch it's certainly worth the family membership but If any of the above is of interest it may be worth keeping your powder dry for now. :thumbs:

@Rob zombie Just to further complicate, there is a new Expansion membership tier of NSO coming on 26th Oct to include some N64, Megadrive games (to add to NES/SNES library) and Animal Crossing DLC (new N64 & Megadrive retro controllers can be ordered by members too). I've read this will be £34.99 single / £60 family per year.

If multiple players are sharing the Switch it's certainly worth the family membership but If any of the above is of interest it may be worth keeping your powder dry for now. :thumbs:
Oh boy. This is making me feel old and inept.

Ok, the Nintendo Switch is up and running. Quick question...do you need an extra set of controllers for 2 player games e.g. Luigi's Mansion. I see that you have to play single player for ages before you can unlock 2 player, which is crazy. Will they actually be able to play 2 player with one set of controllers though?

Ok, the Nintendo Switch is up and running. Quick question...do you need an extra set of controllers for 2 player games e.g. Luigi's Mansion. I see that you have to play single player for ages before you can unlock 2 player, which is crazy. Will they actually be able to play 2 player with one set of controllers though?
Merry Xmas Rob!
I haven't unlocked 2 player yet, but will believe you'll be able to use 1 joycon each to play 2 player 👍🏻
I actually traded in a load of games yesterday and got Metroid Dread (meant to be awesome), Mario 3d World and new Mario bros deluxe (Mario is one of the only games my other half is interested in - that and luigi's mansion)
Good excuse to unpack the switch (moved home in August and it's still in the box.... have been playing Series X and Ps5 recently (bit overkill having both I admit!..)

Merry Xmas Rob!
I haven't unlocked 2 player yet, but will believe you'll be able to use 1 joycon each to play 2 player 👍🏻
I actually traded in a load of games yesterday and got Metroid Dread (meant to be awesome), Mario 3d World and new Mario bros deluxe (Mario is one of the only games my other half is interested in - that and luigi's mansion)
Good excuse to unpack the switch (moved home in August and it's still in the box.... have been playing Series X and Ps5 recently (bit overkill having both I admit!..)
Phew! That's good news, thanks! Merry Christmas!!

Some of the best games on switch are the multiplayer ones so although expensive grab another pair of controllers and a charging dock.
Then the likes of Mario Kart and the king of family games Mario Party come into their own.

Luigi’s Mansion is by far the best version ever and worth all the effort

Some of the best games on switch are the multiplayer ones so although expensive grab another pair of controllers and a charging dock.
Then the likes of Mario Kart and the king of family games Mario Party come into their own.

Luigi’s Mansion is by far the best version ever and worth all the effort
Unfortunately my 6yr old has a complete meltdown if he loses a game so we have to be careful what he plays with his brother. Mario Kart could trigger WW3 here.

Unfortunately my 6yr old has a complete meltdown if he loses a game so we have to be careful what he plays with his brother. Mario Kart could trigger WW3 here.
I must be a hard taskmaster as I always play to win from them being old enough to understand Snap.
Remember there will come a day when they start and do the “L” dance in ya face. Well
Mine does and he’s 10 now.
This concept has rubbed off onto my big son as he also shows em who the king of “insert game here” and my grandbairns 6 & 3 😂
I’ve even made a crown for the winner when playing card games.
You wear this crown as long as you keep winning while getting to choose the next game.
Hopefully this will be passed onto my youngest siblings when I’m long gone!
“This is the way”

I must be a hard taskmaster as I always play to win from them being old enough to understand Snap.
Remember there will come a day when they start and do the “L” dance in ya face. Well
Mine does and he’s 10 now.
This concept has rubbed off onto my big son as he also shows em who the king of “insert game here” and my grandbairns 6 & 3 😂
I’ve even made a crown for the winner when playing card games.
You wear this crown as long as you keep winning while getting to choose the next game.
Hopefully this will be passed onto my youngest siblings when I’m long gone!
“This is the way”
Mine are both autistic so it's never straightforward and always very challenging and stressful. It has its advantages though as they keep coming out with these random facts that I end up having to Google as there's just no way they can know these things e.g. (todays fact) Spacewar is the 2nd ever videogame released in 1962. Egyptians used powdered mouse brains as toothpaste. They'd be unbeatable in a pub quiz. Losing a game does tend to end in a physical brawl though.

Mine are both autistic so it's never straightforward and always very challenging and stressful. It has its advantages though as they keep coming out with these random facts that I end up having to Google as there's just no way they can know these things e.g. (todays fact) Spacewar is the 2nd ever videogame released in 1962. Egyptians used powdered mouse brains as toothpaste. They'd be unbeatable in a pub quiz. Losing a game does tend to end in a physical brawl though.
Awesome 🤩

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but this works really well for vertical games on the switch, such as Pinball FX3:

Also for the CAVE shmups that have been released. Think they're updating it so it fits the OLED Switch properly.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but this works really well for vertical games on the switch, such as Pinball FX3:

Also for the CAVE shmups that have been released. Think they're updating it so it fits the OLED Switch properly.
Do you own one? If so, how much did you pay for it?

Back
Top Bottom