What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nintendo Switch

They were fairly cheap a few yr ago but became quite hard to get hold of and command stupid money.
However I’ve seen em come up cheap now and again it’s a case of trawling gumtree and shpock ect

Sharpin virtual pinball cabinet for Nintendo Switch, never heard of these looks interesting

Sharpin virtual pinball cabinet for Nintendo Switch, never heard of these looks interesting
It’s basically a screen & buttons. You have to connect it to your switch as well as to the mains so not quite the neat portable gadget it appears to be.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but this works really well for vertical games on the switch, such as Pinball FX3:

Also for the CAVE shmups that have been released. Think they're updating it so it fits the OLED Switch properly.

Bit late to the party on this one, but I've only just started playing pinball on the console.
If anyone spots one available that's not ebay prices please lmk, I've seen there's a fair few 3D printer designs online for a comparable portrait experience.

More Mario Kart coming, starting 18th March 🏎️🏍️🏁 :thumbs:

1644494837875.png

If anyone here hasn't played the Advance Wars games, I highly recommend picking up the remaster when it comes out. They're great.

I also bought OlliOlli World this week. Definitely worth getting if you like the first two games.

Love Advance Wars, will be picking up a physical copy asap!

Currently playing some Cris Tales and also waiting on Eastward and Record of Lodoss War to arrive from Play Asia :thumbs:

Anyone playing the Switch Sports online play test this weekend? Next session starts at 7 pm. Time to hit the walls with your joycons, throw them at the telly etc It's Wii Sports all over again but this time kicking things too :D

Has no one mentioned Yoku's island express?
*sorry, not going to scroll through 12 pages lol
As pinheads you should be ashamed of yourselves if you have a Switch and not played it! 😉

Also- if anyone has mario party superstars and wants to play online sometime let me know.
Stig

Has anyone gone from an original Switch to an OLED, and if so did it make much difference to Pinball FX3 having a larger screen?

I've got an original and it plays great vertically but the screen does feel too small.

Just been playing some Crimson Clover on Switch, a really really good shooter on the Switch. I am not normally a fan of bullet games but this really is amazing complete with a top soundtrack.

IMG_20220228_153411299~3.jpg

Has no one mentioned Yoku's island express?
*sorry, not going to scroll through 12 pages lol
As pinheads you should be ashamed of yourselves if you have a Switch and not played it! 😉

Also- if anyone has mario party superstars and wants to play online sometime let me know.
Stig

I absolutely loved Yoku’s Island Express, think I played through the whole game in one or two sittings. Tempted to give it another play through soon.

Has anyone gone from an original Switch to an OLED, and if so did it make much difference to Pinball FX3 having a larger screen?

I've got an original and it plays great vertically but the screen does feel too small.

I upgraded to the OLED in a moment of weakness last Dec. I don’t regret it, but at the same time I wouldn't describe it as an essential upgrade. The screen is obviously fantastic, and it really does feel quite a bit bigger at first, but unless you’re playing handheld the vast majority of the time there’s no real point as docked is exactly the same experience.

Afraid I don’t play Pinball FX on the Switch so can’t help you there, but I can only imagine it would be a quite an improvement - not just because of the size, but because of the colours on the display.

I upgraded to the OLED in a moment of weakness last Dec. I don’t regret it, but at the same time I wouldn't describe it as an essential upgrade. The screen is obviously fantastic, and it really does feel quite a bit bigger at first, but unless you’re playing handheld the vast majority of the time there’s no real point as docked is exactly the same experience.

Afraid I don’t play Pinball FX on the Switch so can’t help you there, but I can only imagine it would be a quite an improvement - not just because of the size, but because of the colours on the display.

Yeh I've read the same, for new buyers the OLED makes sense but for owners of the original not so much. I use it exclusively as a handheld but there isn't enough there to upgrade I don't think. I'll keep my eyes open for a Switch Grip which will at least stop my thumbs drifting off screen at vital times when I'm flipping.

Tesco had a deal a couple of weeks ago for £269 which is what got me thinking about it.

It is a great little console/handheld.

I’ve also been playing a lot of OlliOlli World recently, it’s great. Highly recommend it.
I went to by OlliOlli World in release day, and saw they were selling games 1 and 2 for like £3, so I've got that instead as I remember enjoying them but not properly playing.

They're perfect for quick handheld bites so will definitely get World once I've finished these two.

What is that setup you've got there?
My setups always change but this one is the Switch connected up to a 32" Samsung curved monitor, the Arcade Stick is a Sega Astro City mini stick. Its is connected to the Switch via a Brook Wingman NS Converter which works great.

My setups always change but this one is the Switch connected up to a 32" Samsung curved monitor, the Arcade Stick is a Sega Astro City mini stick. Its is connected to the Switch via a Brook Wingman NS Converter which works great.
That would be a good option for Pinball FX if it had buttons on the side.

Back
Top Bottom