What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nintendo Switch

I got Bubble Bobble 4 Friends today. :eek::mad:
IMO, they've just sucked all the magic out of the fantastic original, in fact the best thing about this is the inclusion of the original.

One of the only reasons to have a game cube I think 😂

No way! The wind waker, Metroid, super Mario, Star Wars - it had some great games in its day. Hoping they virtual console them.

Btw one of the best games of all time is available on switch - devil may cry - simply brilliant.

Harsh, harsh!

Other GC exclusives that were super-good were Eternal Darkness, F-Zero GX, Skies Of Arcadia: Legends, and the Pikmin games! Loads more besides those too!
F-Zero GX was insanely hard. Good fun but if you didn't have lightning fast reactions you were in for a torrid time.

Dunno if any good but 10 free Switch games to download running up to Xmas :thumbs: You can download Coloring Book foc to get the chain started. 🥳

https://qubicgames.com/15years/
To celebrate the 15-year anniversary of QubicGames, we’re giving 10 of our games away for free to anyone owning other games of ours. And just in time for the holiday season.

Each day, 1 game is listed as a free download and you have 24 hours to get it before the next game becomes available.

The 10-game giveaway lasts between Tuesday, December 10th, 2019 and Tuesday, December 24th, 2019.
24296-S9ObR.jpg

Just think of it as a chain reaction. You need to keep up and download each game for free on the day it’s available in order to make sure the next day’s game turns into a free download for you.

For example: If you want to get game (4) One Strike as a free download on December 18th, your Nintendo account library will need to have games (1) Robonauts, (2) Geki Yaba Runner and (3) Puzzle Book added to it. If you are missing ANY of those 3 previous games in your library on you won’t see One Strike as a free download on December 18th.

To ensure everyone has a chance to take part, we’re making it easier to get started. So from Tuesday December 10th to Sunday, December 15th the first game on our giveaway list, Robonauts, will be available for free download to anyone who already has at least one released QubicGames title added to the Nintendo profile*.

After that though, each game on the list will ONLY be available for 24 hours, so make sure you grab it as soon as it’s available

Each game is only available for 1 specific day of the giveaway (except Robonauts, the first title which will be available for free for the first 5 days). After that, the next game on the list becomes available as a free download and the previous day/s games are no longer a free download.

F-Zero GX was insanely hard. Good fun but if you didn't have lightning fast reactions you were in for a torrid time.
Preferred F-ZeroX on N64.

Nintendo working on games with SEGA??? That was blasphemy in my day... but to be fair, it did look amazing & perhaps i just didn't give enough time (unlike FzeroX, which i definitely did).

For those with 32 hours in their day to play Switch there are 6 new NES/SNES classic games released today on Nintendo Online. I had to manually update to access them all :thumbs:

1576146633103.png

Was StarFox2 ever released in the UK?

I‘ve certainly never played it.

I'd never heard of it but according to its wikipedia entry it became Starfox 64 but was released as Starfox 2 on the classic mini. I remember getting Starfox early doors on SNES seemed ground breaking at the time and who didn't like Slippy Toad as your wingman.

StarFox 2 reallly is a 'new' game. Never released although was mostly complete. It's a bit like playing the n64 version but it looks like the first game (though a little better.)

ARMS is available to download/play for free until 6th April for NSO subscribers:thumbs:

Me and my other half love Mario Maker 2 and have played that crazy amounts. Wanted to flag that as a really good game if you like Mario. Haven't even created any levels of our own, just played over 1000 levels from others, it's very addictive and fun. You can select/filter depending on difficulty, level type, theme etc so has something for all levels of Mario players. :)

With so much free time on my hands I'm replaying some older Legend of Zelda titles. I completed Wind Waker last week and on Monday I fetched the Wii from the loft to play Twilight Princess.

Decided to pick up animal crossing not too long ago, not played one in over 12 years, it's definitely come at the right time during covid-19.

Finally collected all 5 pinball machine varients and made some 80s esc arcade carpet! Not too shabby

View attachment 105001
I Didnt even know you could get pinball machines on animal crossing.... Going to have to try and get them all now 😂

Decided to pick up animal crossing not too long ago, not played one in over 12 years, it's definitely come at the right time during covid-19.

Finally collected all 5 pinball machine varients and made some 80s esc arcade carpet! Not too shabby

View attachment 105001
Are they playable??
I also spent many happy hours on the original Animal Crossing, but the idea of spending a similar amount of time doing it nowadays just doesn’t compute. Same reason I had to stop playing Zelda and have taken at least 2yrs shopping out TZ & RS - spare time!

Anyone had their switch's card reader stop working? My boys has just gone on the blink mid lockdown and he's gutted he can't play splatoon with his mates 😕

Anyone had their switch's card reader stop working? My boys has just gone on the blink mid lockdown and he's gutted he can't play splatoon with his mates 😕
You mean the game card slot?

Get a toothpick in the slot and give the pins a wipe. Also scrape up the Splatoon game card while you're at it - or take advantage of the fact that it's external to make it easier to clean the pins (use IPA)

Almost always the reasons that connector pins fail on modern devices like phones or games consoles is dirty pins. They can look quite clean but stuff takes dirty contacts a lot less well than they used to - well unless you remember **** like the NES.

Of the things that do fail on Switches, the game card slot isn't really one of them. They're pretty durable, mechanically. So unless your lad has knackered it without admitting to it somehow, 99% it's going to be a bit of dirt on either card or console.

Back
Top Bottom