What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nintendo Switch

That's proper cheap! As someone who paid full whack on pre-order I was massively disappointed with it compared to the Nintendo products but for that kind of money you can't go wrong.

I’ve also got a megadrive one on Amazon pre order. Invasion of the mini consoles 🙈

Just a bump reminder that this auspicious racing event is TOMORROW @ 1930

Tournament name - Pinballinfo
Start - Tuesday 19:30 / weekly
Join code 3299-1578-8843

Rules
8 races
150cc Grand Prix
No CPU
All Vehicles
Smart Steering OK

I've selected Isabelle as my bad ass driver - see you all on the grid :cool: 🏎 🚗 🏁

1563788864575.png

@MajesticPinball @insx @Spandangler @PBrookfield

The grid...
a digital frontier...
I tried to picture clusters of information
as they moved through the computer...
What did they look like?
Ships? Motorcycles?
Were the circuits like freeways?
I kept dreaming of a world I thought I would never see...
And then...
One day...
I got in...

Sorry, this is what happens when Tron is your only pin

Last edited:
Oh god not another Isabelle player!

The guys at work mocked me for using her once, then I caned them senseless with her.

Now they won't use anyone else. Always Isabelle, at least three times in MK8 games I get to play. Always.

*sobs*

Sorry, this is what happens when Tron is your only pin
I can do you a swap for F14 if you'd rather maniacally laugh while winning all of the time.

YOU CAN'T WIN! AHHHH HAH HAH HAH HAAAAA

NOW YOU DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE

(joking, I'm not swapping my F14 for anything)

That always takes me back to Wells next the Sea when I was something like 13.
At risk of derailing the thread - I was late back into pinball because other than Pro Pinball: The Web, the only pinball I ever remembered at all, and had fond memories of playing well, was F14. Only other games I remembered at all... TAF, obviously like everyone else; Dirty Harry but never of any actual gameplay; and Demolition Man for the wrong reasons - the operator set it up with an insane pitch and weak flippers so I felt robbed as a pre-teen. No idea what the game played like until VERY recently and boy did I miss out there.

Oh wow, are we just the biggest bunch of ****ers or what!!!

We'll have to make up for this absolute stunner somehow...

Can you only play if you join at 7:30? I'm still at work 😭

The tournament starts and runs for a set period - pinballinfo is available from Tuesday 1930 - (next) Tuesday 1900 and I (think) it expires after 8 races then restarts the next Tuesday. So we can join anytime between then and wait for other players ( :rolleyes: ) in the lobby. We just need to agree a time that a few of us will convene to race together. I'll create a PM group with everybody that's shown interest and suggest some dates👍

Will keep an eye on that thread. It seems it's specifically just for setting up some online tournaments though.

I'm looking more for just a casual "hey check out this high score of mine, try and beat it". If that's ok for me to post in there?

@durrdevil Yeah, go ahead and post your PBFX3 high-scores. Just state what system you play on, presumably Switch. What game mode you used, such as Zen Physics or Classic-Arcade-Tournament. Post a pic too if you can.

We’re on a summer break from the regular community tourneys but they’ll come back at some point if the interest is there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is anyone playing Virtua Racing? That's a proper fix of early 90s nostalgia, all for the price of a dozen goes on the arcade machine!

I'm a bit of an 8bitdo fan boy, SN30 Pro + is available to pre-order, I really appreciate the detail in D-pad and buttons sympathetic to the originals;

1565429493537.png1565429559433.png1565429613983.png

Attachments

• 1565429435110.png
    1565429435110.png
    68.2 KB · Views: 6
@astyy Got the black version on pre-order myself. Had that cursed ‘drifting’ issue with the left analogue stick on my Official Switch Pro Controller for months now. Looking forward to retiring that pad (or just using it for digital pinball going forward as I like the enhanced rumble) and using this Pro+ pad for my 3D/modern games come end of September.

My 3 pairs of Joy-Con have all suffered joystick ‘drift’ too. Already replaced my main pair for the Hori Pokken Pad which offers a decent D-Pad for my 2D and retro gaming needs for a fraction of the price of the Joy-Con.

Is anyone playing Virtua Racing? That's a proper fix of early 90s nostalgia, all for the price of a dozen goes on the arcade machine!
I am now, thanks for the tip-off!

For £6 it’s a no-brainer. Must’ve pumped £60+ into the arcade machine version in the 90’s..

@kevlar I’ll attempt to contact Nintendo in the UK (again) at some stage to see if they are also doing free repairs for us in Blighty. Only heard anecdotal experiences of this being offered in North America so far.

@astyy Got the black version on pre-order myself. Had that cursed ‘drifting’ issue with the left analogue stick on my Official Switch Pro Controller for months now.

Take it apart and wash out the dust with loads of IPA (an airline is also good if you have access to one). It worked for me anyway.

Back
Top Bottom