What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Often it's one of the coils buzzing. It could be not tight enough in its brackets, vibrating at AC frequency.

Where abouts in the South East are you?
Just done a little more digging, and after a blown fuse during some testing, noticed that one of the connection "lugs" (?) on one of the flipper coils had moved, and was shorting to its neighbour. I corrected that, and the buzz on holding the flipper disappeared 👍
Just got a buzzing from the lock relay now, it buzzes when the game starts, as expected, I presume the lock is something that's on during play and holds throughout the game. It looks ok, it's a Z28-1200, and I measure it at ~16ohms, which I believe to be about right. Noticeably, if I push on the bracket with a pencil, the buzz reduces to a slight hum, that probably wouldn't even be noticed with the cab closed, is this normal for a lock relay? If so, need to work out how to stop the buzz from the bracket, it seems to be screwed down tightly, at least the two screws that hold it seem to be tight.

probably need to adjust the armature on the lock relay so it sits better
I think it might be a little more than that. I noticed the buzzing increases as you play, then when the ball goes out of play, it reduces back down to a background hum again, until some of the bumpers and other playfield things are triggered again, when it increases. There seems to be more going on here than is immediately obvious. I also noticed that the bonus ball isn't working exactly as it should. When awarded, the light goes on, and after losing the last ball, a new ball is given, but the controls are all dead, like in a game over situation, so something isn't quite right.

Onwards and upwards.

Hi all
I'm Nate from Ft wayne Indiana
I have six pins. Love playing ,fixing, and modding them. Have a part time apprenticeship at a local arcade fixing customer pins and arcades. About 6 years in
This hobby truly keeps me sane. A world under glass to escape and clear my head

Hi all
I'm Nate from Ft wayne Indiana
I have six pins. Love playing ,fixing, and modding them. Have a part time apprenticeship at a local arcade fixing customer pins and arcades. About 6 years in
This hobby truly keeps me sane. A world under glass to escape and clear my head
welcome.gifto Pinball Info @Batman.

Salutations all...

I'm Kev from the North East UK. 54. Been into retro gaming since forever. Due to space I usually keep my machine count to 1. Pathetic I know...sighs. My first purchase in the hobby was over 10 years ago. I managed to find a mostly working Elvira Scared Stiff. I was originally hunting for an Addams Family but even then prices were restrictive. So I settled for the Elvira machine (Huge Fan!). I have hobby level skills so managed, with out too much pain to get her up and running 100% before modding with the usual upgrades. I kept her for around 4 year before selling on, (for nice profit) and then found a rough but working Atari Battlezone. Did a lovely cab resto on that one. All PCB's were lovingly gone over. Rebuilt the AR board and in the process managed to replace one of the diodes in the bridge rectifier the wrong way round and made the game board go nuclear. Hilarious I know. At the time the smoke went up I think I actual whimpered. Anyways as you all know when sh*t like that happens you either learn a lot in a short period of time or send off boards to get repaired by experts. I did the former. Got the machine back up and running within a few weeks.
Had Battlezone for maybe 3 year, Loved every second! But I always had a dream, a holy grail if you will. I must have been 8 or 9 when I first played a Midway Haunted House EM rifle game. At the time, my dad was just starting to allowing me to stay up with him on a Friday night to watch the double bill Universal Horror movies on BBC2. Since then I have had a life long love of classic horror. So you can imagine my amazement regarding the HH machine. I had been searching for a half decent example of this machine since my mid 40's. Then when I hit 50 I re-doubled my efforts and concluded the only way to get a HH was to import from the US. A couple of weeks before my 51 birthday my HH landed at my door on the back of a truck. I waited a few days after locating in my mancave before turning it on to ensure it was acclimatized. When I did turn it on it was as dead as a door nail, only a few stuck on bulbs were lit and nothing coming from the motors except loud hum! Wonderful.
It took me all over the next few month to strip out all of the mechs and deep clean every contact and rebuild every solenoid. I replaced the 8 tack player with a digital sound board as the 8 track was expecting a 60hz supply so it played slow even after refurb. I eventually got my HH playing 100% with delicious sound coming from the new conversion. The next month was taken up with the cab resto.
The whole experience was a delight and the end result was nothing short of a work of art. well to me it was anyways...! I sold the HH to a collector not so long ago. Yes it was a holy grail but at the same time these are big units and space has always been an issue for me.
Last year a built a VR PC from scratch and set upon building a VR pinsim. Since then I have collected around 80-90 VR cabs and use the pinsim on a daily basis. Its amazing. But yeah I miss the whole hands on experience hence the joining of this forum. What I can offer is unknown I guess, but yeah, I do have a small skill base that I am willing to share. I'd absolutely love the opportunity to work on machines again, in a learning/resto capacity.
I've missed NERG the last 2 year for obvious reasons but thankfully I'll be there on the Saturday this year with a big old grin on my face wandering around soaking up the atmosphere. The smell or the warm PCB's pulsing in the cabs and pins. The clash of the coils in the EM cabs. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 282059577_553831852804148_8367853143873382436_n.jpg
    282059577_553831852804148_8367853143873382436_n.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 33
  • 283379798_353649963329457_5485699577822500779_n.jpg
    283379798_353649963329457_5485699577822500779_n.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 282261000_4903027083139276_2838089570826288952_n.jpg
    282261000_4903027083139276_2838089570826288952_n.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 34
  • received_543628697421125.jpeg
    received_543628697421125.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I'm Drew from Stourbridge in UK. I don't have a any machines.

I have a games room with the pool table, darts, arcade etc but no pin. I have always thought it was the missing piece then I saw the Ghostbusters pin and fell head first. This is what I want and I'll get it. In the meantime, I'm happy to consider something else and something cheaper.

Good to be here..... I love a good forum!

Hi Drew
Lots of people round your way to try a few pins out.
Ghostbusters- great game, doesn’t come up for
Sale to often, but good to look out for a Premium or LE. The extras are worth it

Hi everyone, I'm Kev and I'm based in Surrey, near Woking (although I'm originally from Hull). Although I'm new to owning my own machine, I've been a casual player for years i.e. whenever I'm in an arcade, I always seek out the pinball machines. I retired last year and I finally got around to creating the space to have a machine and managed to scrape together the cash to buy one. Initially I was intending to buy a second hand machine but, given I know very little about their maintenance, I decided to buy new and it was thanks to reading these forums that I got in contact with Pinball Heaven. There were a few machines I was interested in however, in the end I was so eager to get my hands on one that I simply asked what they had in stock and decided to go for the Rush Pro. It was delivered about 10 days ago and I must admit, I've loved every minute playing it. Although, I never realised I had such a wide range of expletives in my vocabulary, as I watched the ball drain down between the flippers!!

I will eventually look to buy a second machine (a fixer upper), as I'm interested in restoring one. Anyway, I've thoroughly enjoyed reading these forums and I'm absolutely sure that, when I need some valuable advice, if its not on here, then it probably doesn't exist!

Hi everyone, I'm Kev and I'm based in Surrey, near Woking (although I'm originally from Hull). Although I'm new to owning my own machine, I've been a casual player for years i.e. whenever I'm in an arcade, I always seek out the pinball machines. I retired last year and I finally got around to creating the space to have a machine and managed to scrape together the cash to buy one. Initially I was intending to buy a second hand machine but, given I know very little about their maintenance, I decided to buy new and it was thanks to reading these forums that I got in contact with Pinball Heaven. There were a few machines I was interested in however, in the end I was so eager to get my hands on one that I simply asked what they had in stock and decided to go for the Rush Pro. It was delivered about 10 days ago and I must admit, I've loved every minute playing it. Although, I never realised I had such a wide range of expletives in my vocabulary, as I watched the ball drain down between the flippers!!

I will eventually look to buy a second machine (a fixer upper), as I'm interested in restoring one. Anyway, I've thoroughly enjoyed reading these forums and I'm absolutely sure that, when I need some valuable advice, if its not on here, then it probably doesn't exist!
Welcome :)

Welcome Kev, @Sarjo173 you should go to London Pinball Republic in Croydon to meet all the great pinballers in your area and play some great pinball machines. There is a League every Thursday, great fun. Hope to meet you at one of the pinball events 👍

Thanks for the welcome. Hullshark, I’d heard about Pinball Republic and its definitely on my list of places to visit. Hopefully I’ll see you there.

Greetings! Im new here but not new to pinballs I guess if you count playing on a Gorgar when i was a kid ;-) Well just started buying and bought my own Gorgar, Firepower and 2 xBride of Pinbot as another i used to play a lot. May need some help on Gorgar as need a some attention to sound board, have it but its not installed.

I remember Gorgar being installed at my local bowling alley, when I lived in Hull. I really can‘t speak for how it compares to many other machines, but I remember I loved playing it and I distinctly remember one of the sounds being “GORRRGARRRR” and it’s stuck with me ever since. Loved it. It’s probably a machine I’d love to own in the future, just to bring back some of those memories. Hope you get it up and running.

Good to be here. Became addicted to pinball in South Africa in 1973. Our local shops would have EM machines at the back, I would stand on a drinks crate to see over the table.
My hero was the mechanic who would visit to repair or change the machines, he would always add a few free games for me. I am now mid 50's and have owned and sold TOM, TZ, Shadow, STTNG, AFM and a few EM's. I have a GZ Premium on order and am counting the days, never owned a Stern before. Will be attending the upcoming UK Pinfest, looking forward to getting sore wrists.

Good to be here. Became addicted to pinball in South Africa in 1973. Our local shops would have EM machines at the back, I would stand on a drinks crate to see over the table.
My hero was the mechanic who would visit to repair or change the machines, he would always add a few free games for me. I am now mid 50's and have owned and sold TOM, TZ, Shadow, STTNG, AFM and a few EM's. I have a GZ Premium on order and am counting the days, never owned a Stern before. Will be attending the upcoming UK Pinfest, looking forward to getting sore wrists.

Welcome Kenneth, I still stand on a drinks crate and I'm 48.

Hi Kenneth -Welcome, from another North Walian on here :wave:

Ha ha, thanks @Gonzo for the welcome. LOVE your podcast, I am a fan. Found you on Youtube and working through the episodes. Any plans to publish to the audio platforms, you will crush it.

Thanks Kenneth, very much appreciated.

Not really because I always want to retain the option to include video footage and do more chinwags on location so the visual part will only increase.

Also I'm all set up for Youtube because of work anyway so sorting audio and uploading to podcasts would be extra work and I'm flat out. Glad you're enjoying the chinwags though 👍

Hi Everyone. Just being polite and introducing myself. I've got more into pinball recently, due to the availability of VPX and FX3, plus I've been playing in virtual reality too. I felt the thing that was missing from the VR were flipper buttons in the correct position to push...
So I end up making a mock up 'lock bar' area with a zero delay encoder and some buttons from amazon... Then I got myself thinking about a full size kit...
Id wanna make my own, add the PC and add the screens etc, and upgrade with shaker and solenoids etc in my own time... However, Id prefer to purchase a kit of pre cut pieces to put together myself... As opposed to a fully completed machine...
So, my search for a supplier of full size kits in the UK, lead me to a thread on here, from someone in the same boat... So I thought Id join up and join in :)
Anyway, that's a bit of stuff about me, and how I ended up here - So... 'Hi'

Any suggestions for places that sell such kits, would be cool :) Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello,

Was a great pinball player in the 90s, but it went into dark age when pinball machines became more scarce. A couple of years ago I found those wonderful places around Gothenburg that have a whole bunch of machines.

Between the 90s and now I got a son, who uses wheelchair and has a bit of struggle with fine motor skills. Cerebra palsy. And from that has risen a want to create a accessible game. Not one product as a special solution, more a adaptive pinball game so friends can enjoy playing together, no matter if you use wheelchair or not.

The ordinary cabinet with adjustable height is a bit out of reach with limited funds and limited technical skills. So to begin, and not in a fast pace tempo, I aim to create a pinball game inspired of "rotation viii", so all players use a chair, wheelchair or ordinary chair. =)

The game is just in my mind as of now and no physical manifestations exist, but more and more thoughts about the possibilities starts to crystallise.

Challanges right now is how the ... do I make the rotation mech with power transmitting over, and be safe. Actually saw a post here of someone who has a rotation viii, and that is why I started this account, I am going to ask how it looks inside the rotation vii that keeps spinning round and round in one direction.

I am mostly a dreamer, a bit of a visionary and not much of a doer.

Cheers, Jon

oh, I am located in Sweden. If you didn't know Gothenburgs was located in Sweden.

Back
Top Bottom