What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Hello Everyone,

My name is Ian, this is my first foray into the pinball world, always been fascinated by them. I'd just like to say the information and collective knowledge on this forum is bewildering !

I'm based in the North West near to Darwen, would love to receive helpful advice and pointers when required.

First game should be arriving shortly ( hopefully ) !

Ian.
welcome.gifto Pinball Info Ian.
There are some great people with some fantastic collections of pinball machines in the North West, some just a stone's throw away from you.
D.

Thought I'd post in here just to say hi!

Met a few of you at the Pinhaus Tournament last weekend and hope you see more at future events! Obviously caught the bug (pinball, not covid) thanks to @David_Vi .

Thank you to everyone who has already made my pinball journey welcoming and wonderful. If the rest of the community is a great as the ones I've already met I very much look forward to meeting more!

Lee

Hello and welcome
Thought I'd post in here just to say hi!

Met a few of you at the Pinhaus Tournament last weekend and hope you see more at future events! Obviously caught the bug (pinball, not covid) thanks to @David_Vi .

Thank you to everyone who has already made my pinball journey welcoming and wonderful. If the rest of the community is a great as the ones I've already met I very much look forward to meeting more!

Lee

HI all. I've had a pinball in the house since 1987 but only ever owned 2 the first a Zaccaria Pinball Champ 82 which gave great service until I got my Baywatch in 2002 which now has a colour DMD. leds a couple of light mods and a life float topper. A big thanks to Jim @myPinballs for putting up with me and sorting things over the last year. 👍
Cheers Chris

HI all. I've had a pinball in the house since 1987 but only ever owned 2 the first a Zaccaria Pinball Champ 82 which gave great service until I got my Baywatch in 2002 which now has a colour DMD. leds a couple of light mods and a life float topper. A big thanks to Jim @myPinballs for putting up with me and sorting things over the last year. 👍
Cheers Chris

Hi Chris. Welcome. Great choice ...Baywatch is fantastic ! :cool: Do you have Chads updated code running .... ? I'd say this is essential now as it sorts out the shark awards issue and many other improvements.

Cheers Chris
Hi and welcome, did you post a video of the bay watch on Facebook a little while ago?

Itch

Hi Chris. Welcome. Great choice ...Baywatch is fantastic ! :cool: Do you have Chads updated code running .... ? I'd say this is essential now as it sorts out the shark awards issue and many other improvements.
Yes Jim got me them and they make a big difference to the game. A thing that does puzzle me though is why quite a few seem to look down there noses at Baywatch and make negative comments about it without actually saying why. Is it the theme or simply because it's Sega.

Yes Jim got me them and they make a big difference to the game. A thing that does puzzle me though is why quite a few seem to look down there noses at Baywatch and make negative comments about it without actually saying why. Is it the theme or simply because it's Sega.
The theme is def marmite. And as usual prob people who never played it or played in once at a show. I'd say in recent years though Baywatch appreciation has grown. Its a stunning pretty unique playfield layout - ramps and wireforms, 4 flippers, drops, reverse kickback, diverters, trapdoor ....which if Stern released now people would be hosing themselves about. Solid ruleset and play. Great dots. the music is probably its weakest point.

The theme is def marmite. And as usual prob people who never played it or played in once at a show. I'd say in recent years though Baywatch appreciation has grown. Its a stunning pretty unique playfield layout - ramps and wireforms, drops, reverse kickback, diverters, trapdoor ....which if Stern released now people would be hosing themselves about. Solid ruleset and play. Great dots. the music is probably its weakest point.
Yeah but you get the Hoff telling you " you did what you could" what more could you possibly ask for. 😂🤣

Last edited:
A few pics of my Baywatch with flashing float topper, Barbie float over laser kick targets with red star post led wired into GI. Tower ramp with white star post led inside wired into GI, it makes it far easier to see. Red star post leds on slingshots. In reality they look very red but wash out in the photos like the Barbie float. I should have put the lock bar back on. :(

IMG_3168.JPGIMG_3152.JPGIMG_3167.JPGIMG_3166.JPGIMG_3164.JPG

Last edited:
Hi, based in Leicester. In the market for a pinball machine. Went to Vegas in 2015 and went to a big wearhouse full of machines and ever since fancied having 1. So if you have 1 for sale please let me know. Cheers

Hi, based in Leicester. In the market for a pinball machine. Went to Vegas in 2015 and went to a big wearhouse full of machines and ever since fancied having 1. So if you have 1 for sale please let me know. Cheers
Hello and welcome,

Thanks. I'm abit clueless when it comes to them, if im honest. I've recently found a place in Nuneaton full of pinball machines and have been over twice, with some really good machines.
play as many as you can. then you’ll know what sort of game you like

Hi, Paul here, based in the South East of the UK. Only got a Zaccaria Ski Jump (EM) right now, space at a premium. It needs some work, slowly learning how the EM stuff works and finding the faults.
Mostly working, I've spent some time cleaning the playfield and just cleaning in general, all fuses/holders have been replaced, all new rubbers, coin mechanism a bit temperamental, needs balancing.
Next up, there is a terrible buzz during gameplay, only once a game has started, and even worse when holding the flippers. Any advice on tracking this stuff down for a complete newbie, much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0682.jpeg
    IMG_0682.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 13
Often it's one of the coils buzzing. It could be not tight enough in its brackets, vibrating at AC frequency.

Where abouts in the South East are you?

Back
Top Bottom