What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Hi all, My name is Alex and I always wanted to have a pinball machine.
Hopefully I’ll get one in the next few months.

I’m an engineer and I also have a little 3D printing business. Hopefully it will be useful to help with the maintenance of the machine.

I’m in search for a Stern X-Men machine as I loved it when I played some while ago. If anyone is selling it please give me a shout.

Thanks

Alex

I’m an engineer and I also have a little 3D printing business. Hopefully it will be useful to help with the maintenance of the machine.

I’m in search for a Stern X-Men machine as I loved it when I played some while ago. If anyone is selling it please give me a shout.

Thanks

Alex
Hi and welcome,

Thanks

Alex

Hi Alex, welcome mate.

Thanks

Alex

Hi Alex welcome

Evening from Fleet in Hampshire.
Names Dan. Very new to pinball. Already own a LW3 but before you chastise my noob naivety in buying a much maligned machine there is a reason and I do love it.

So about 10 years ago I ended up going for a curry and half way through I got a notification from Ebay that my bid on a Lethal Weapon 3 machine was successful. I'd been on the cocktails at my neighbours the evening before and we been talking about our cocktail cabinet Galaxian rivalry as kids. I had obviously gone to bed but not before trawling Ebay for an arcade machine and must have bid on the LW3 completely wasted and forgotten about it. It was £320 so I thought why not and went to pick it up from what looked like an old swingers private bar, shag carpet, bar and pole in the corner kind of thing. Obviously gave it a very good clean and enjoyed it for a couple of years before selling it to (I thnk looking on here) maybe Brian Southampton.

Fast forward to my 50th and I wanted another one. I appreciate it gets hate for the graphics and simple rules but I love my new LW3 and I think its a great starter machine.

After lurking for a bit I went to FlipOut on Sunday and had a fantastic few hours. Tim was a great host and made me feel very welcome, played a few games together and learnt a bit too. Will definitely be back. Was great to play TZ AFM Shadow (no I don't know all the abbreviations yet) that I've read so much about. Shame TAF wasn't working and there was a slight issue with the Big Lebowski so I didnt get to play that either but have to say it looks absolutely stunning and the attention to detail is gorgeous so hopefully that will still be there on my next visit.

Names Dan. Very new to pinball. Already own a LW3 but before you chastise my noob naivety in buying a much maligned machine there is a reason and I do love it.

So about 10 years ago I ended up going for a curry and half way through I got a notification from Ebay that my bid on a Lethal Weapon 3 machine was successful. I'd been on the cocktails at my neighbours the evening before and we been talking about our cocktail cabinet Galaxian rivalry as kids. I had obviously gone to bed but not before trawling Ebay for an arcade machine and must have bid on the LW3 completely wasted and forgotten about it. It was £320 so I thought why not and went to pick it up from what looked like an old swingers private bar, shag carpet, bar and pole in the corner kind of thing. Obviously gave it a very good clean and enjoyed it for a couple of years before selling it to (I thnk looking on here) maybe Brian Southampton.

Fast forward to my 50th and I wanted another one. I appreciate it gets hate for the graphics and simple rules but I love my new LW3 and I think its a great starter machine.

After lurking for a bit I went to FlipOut on Sunday and had a fantastic few hours. Tim was a great host and made me feel very welcome, played a few games together and learnt a bit too. Will definitely be back. Was great to play TZ AFM Shadow (no I don't know all the abbreviations yet) that I've read so much about. Shame TAF wasn't working and there was a slight issue with the Big Lebowski so I didnt get to play that either but have to say it looks absolutely stunning and the attention to detail is gorgeous so hopefully that will still be there on my next visit.
Welcome aboard, lw3 has some great call-outs

Thank You. Everyone seems to rag on poor Leo Gets but I think its great and I'm really enjoying learning the game.
You will find there is a fan for every pinball that can be thought of on this site, a very diverse group, with some very helpful people if you need it,

I remember the Riggs crazy mode (or something similar) they used to have one probably 15 years ago in a Chinese takeaway local to me, I did pop in when I was getting back into pinball to find out if it was still around, unfortunately I think it needed repair so they got rid,

Hi pinheads. I'm Jim me and my brother Marc gatward are 3 years bull deep in to this awesome hobbie.
So pinballs we have at the moment are..
Pirates of the Caribbean
Getaway2
Sopranos
F-14
Gorgar
Revenge from Mars on its way!!

Last edited:
Hi all, I'd like to introduce myself 🙋🏻‍♂️

So at 42 years old I've got into pinball quite unexpectedly! I bought a Flintstones pinball from home leisure direct for our home bar set up (realised I've paid over the odds for it but at the time I was looking for a warranty). bought it more for the kids than me but lo and behold I've become rather obsessed! I've always had an interest in retro electronics repair (games consoles etc) so I'm now on the lookout for a fixer upper as my first project...

welcome @iamkl00t - hope you find a project to get you teeth into. pinball for me took me back to my childhood when i did a little electronics and now i’m into it big style! watch out 😂😂😂

So at 42 years old I've got into pinball quite unexpectedly! I bought a Flintstones pinball from home leisure direct for our home bar set up (realised I've paid over the odds for it but at the time I was looking for a warranty). bought it more for the kids than me but lo and behold I've become rather obsessed! I've always had an interest in retro electronics repair (games consoles etc) so I'm now on the lookout for a fixer upper as my first project...
Hello welcome, you have come to the right place, what part of the uk do you hail from,

Itch

Welcome mate, sorry you overpaid. If it's any consolation I nearly did exactly the same thing in 2019 from the same seller. That being said you have have your first game and have caught the bug.

Welcome mate, sorry you overpaid. If it's any consolation I nearly did exactly the same thing in 2019 from the same seller. That being said you have have your first game and have caught the bug.
definitely! it's like anything I guess, until you have the confidence and know what to look for it can be a bit daunting 🤷🏻‍♂️

Wish I never sold my LW3 it’s a fantastic game so much fun and I love the call outs okokokokokok

Hello Everyone,

My name is Ian, this is my first foray into the pinball world, always been fascinated by them. I'd just like to say the information and collective knowledge on this forum is bewildering !

I'm based in the North West near to Darwen, would love to receive helpful advice and pointers when required.

First game should be arriving shortly ( hopefully ) !

Ian.

Hello Everyone,

My name is Ian, this is my first foray into the pinball world, always been fascinated by them. I'd just like to say the information and collective knowledge on this forum is bewildering !

I'm based in the North West near to Darwen, would love to receive helpful advice and pointers when required.

First game should be arriving shortly ( hopefully ) !

Ian.
Hello and welcome, what machine do you have coming?

Back
Top Bottom