What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
Attention all new members ....and not so new lurkers ;)

Why not take a minute to introduce yrself to the fellow pinheads on the forum - the usual stuff …what pins do you own/enjoy playing/want to own, where in the country are you etc ....

And welcome, good to have you in the Pinballinfo ranks soldiers !

Sgt GrizZ

Last edited:
My name is Paul, I'm 41, and i'm a pinball Addict....... I've been a pinball Addict for 10 years now.... ;)

It started off as just a fad - just one machine, a Whitewater. Oh i thought that was fine. But then it started to creep up on me - the dependency - then it was two and i thought i'd managed to control the addiction, but before i knew it it was four....

My name is Gareth and I too am an addict! I'm still a relative noob. Been 3 years now and I fluctuate between 2 and 3 pins depending how skint I am!

This group is awesome to meet great people and get sound advice. The generosity of some of the folk on here knows no bounds! Like minded people pulling together for a common purpose.

My name is Greig and been playing pins since the early 90's, but got back into them in the last few years. Got my own house now so once I'd sorted the garage out I got a pinball machine and arcade straight in there:) Currently got LW3 which I'm enjoying. Space for more though, so maybe get another one.....

My name is Geoff and I played pinball in arcades since the 80's. I managed to stop the addiction but temptation got the better of me in March as I didn't want to lose more money in a stocks and shares ISA so I blew some money on a Pinball. I spend most days looking for my second one and trying to convince myself it will fit in the kitchen (it won't). The fixing of them is almost as much fun as playing them and don't mind them being a little grotty and worn like me.

I like reading, gardening, soft toys and going for walks. My other interests are WWII flamethrowers, equipments of torture and dolphins.

I think you put Dolphins in the wrong catagory unless it the ones with explosives strapped to them.

Hi, i'm Dan, 42, and i paid waaaay too much for my first machine which was a couple of years ago. Maybe in a few years it'll be worth what i paid, but i don't plan on selling it, as i enjoy it too much to care. I also like motorbikes, marine fishkeeping, Tottenham Hotspur, and drinking alcohol to excess.

I run my games using a generator in my garage, which i've converted to a tiki hut with bamboo on the walls, astroturf on the floor, and a big mirror ball. I have three 'keepers' and a couple that i will rotate for variety. My dog is very hairy, and that's not an analogy for anything.

replicas' date=' post: 1694446 said:
I think you put Dolphins in the wrong catagory unless it the ones with explosives strapped to them.

Are dolphins not the ones with the big teeth that you starve for a few days and then set on people?

My name is Chris and I don't really like pinball......
wink-1.png

Actually I f*cking love pinball.....it's mega
biggrin-1.png
I played a lot as a kid in the early 90's (IJ specifically) but then got back into it just over a year ago after having messed about with MAME cabs for a bit. I currently have a couple of pins (Roadshow and Whirlwind) and am looking for number 3, even though I'm going to have to get creative to fit it in my kitchen. I also like fixing them up and playing competitively and think this forum is awesome!

Calimori' date=' post: 1694443 said:
. My other interests are WWII flamethrowers, equipments of torture and dolphins.

I just spat red bull all over the table reading that!!!

I'm Wayne,i'm also 42 and live in a place called Newbridge south wales about 20 mins away from Dave Rolfe's place

loved the silver ball as a kid then lost touch with them as they dissapeared from the arcades and i found women fast bikes and nightclubs.lol

then i got a decade or so older i went to my local beach one day. my fire was re-lit when i had a few games on a very tatty TAF they had in one of the old arcades.

when i came home i had a look on ebay out of curiosity to see if like everything else in the world you could buy one on there?

1 x rogerairplane TZ purchase later and here i am now!

(for the record the guy in my case was a dream to deal with and not overpriced either)

I have since then owned and traded as per my signature below. I do however limit myself to one pin at a time and move them on when i fancy a change.

Hi, I', new here.

It's been a nice welcome so far. I like my EM's, not played many SS's tables but I do like Dr Who & the ever popular Addams Family.

Welcome multiballs, this thread is for introductions, what's your name and where do you come from? Have you been in the hobby long?

My name is Lee i'm from a small place called Kirkham, near Preston.

Hobby long.. Not really got a few EM's that's about it.

Hi!

Name: Ian, Location: South Devon

Just bought 1st pin, Xenon, owned just over the week and already hooked with playing and tinkering (placed 2 orders with Pinball Heaven, bulbs, tools, rubbers, etc, and must say great service)

Currently converting a room to be a games room, have a MAME, air hockey and football table to go in it..... was considering a pool table, but now will need the space for atleast another pinball table. Kids love it and currently it has wife approval!

Welcome to the forum Ian
smile-1.png
You realise we're going to want to see pics of your Xenon....start a new thread or create a user album
biggrin-1.png

Calimori' date=' post: 1695348 said:
I agree, we like pictures. Welcome to the site Ian.
smile-1.png

Okay, will upload pictures and progress with cleaning her up, which the best area on the forum to start...

Probably best to start a thread in General Pinball Discussion and embed some pics. You can create your own album in User Albums but its harder for people to comment on the pics if you do that
smile-1.png

Hi all, just found your site and thought its about time I got on a pin forum
smile-1.png

I'm Dan and live just south of York.

Anyway, since I played Addams Family as a kid I've been pretty interested in Pinball machines. Last year me and my uncle clubbed together and now we have a machine each (he has Batman Forever, and I have the Star Wars Trilogy). Am hoping this is the start of a collection
wink-1.png
and am interested in having a crack at restoring a machine or two - once i have some room set aside at home.

DanSV' date=' post: 1695407 said:
Hi all, just found your site and thought its about time I got on a pin forum
smile-1.png

I'm Dan and live just south of York.

Anyway, since I played Addams Family as a kid I've been pretty interested in Pinball machines. Last year me and my uncle clubbed together and now we have a machine each (he has Batman Forever, and I have the Star Wars Trilogy). Am hoping this is the start of a collection
wink-1.png
and am interested in having a crack at restoring a machine or two - once i have some room set aside at home.

Hi ya Dan,

Welcome to the forum, if you need any help, tips or just fancy a chat, this is the place to be! Also, if you get the chance, there is the UK Pinball party in Daventry coming up, a great place to play dozens of games, meet fellow enthusiasts and have a beer or two!

Matt

I've been looking at the info for the Pinball party and am hoping to get along. Would be good to play a few different games as there doesn't seem to be many round me, unless I'm looking in the wrong places
tongue-1.png

cheers for the welcome Matt

You're probably looking in the right places mate, just nobody operates them anymore. Check out pinformer for a database of pins near you. Feel free to update it with any other sightings too. Welcome to the group mate

Ah, another person who The Addams Family has led to the path of addiction. Welcome and as Matt says post pictures and ask questions, this is a great forum for help and advice.

Hi folks, i've not posted here so i thought i would just introduce myself.

My name is Adrian (Adie please), i live in Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, 46 years old and work full time (Global data controller) and part time as a DJ (pinball money!!) I used to play when i was a young lad, they had a pinbot and then a Jokerz in the local pub.

I never really thought much about pinball until a year or so ago when me and a guy from my office were talking fond memories about youth and pinball came up.

I've got a fruit machine, a arcade cab with the jamma games and a pachinko machine i bought the kids so i suppose i had to get the best toy ever.

I looked on ebay and just got it in my head to get a TAF, I too bought from Rodger airplane who was a perfect gent, a bit over priced maybe but one year on who cares. The fun is priceless!! i play it every day and touch wood it has never let me down.

Just waiting for my TZ to arrive ( i only had room for one pin!!) i don't think it will be my last. Going to the party in August, attending the dinner and staying over, hope to say hi to lots from the group.

Addicted? oh yes, i'm most happy when i drag someone round to relive their youth and see the smile on their face.

See you all in August.

Adie

Back
Top Bottom