What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Thanks. I'm happy to join a UK community, I'm a big fan of the whole UK and British people (and your music, French music is so... meh).

😂Listen, there's plenty of decent French music.

Start with a mild one from the 80s, classic.

Now if you can handle your French bosses The Clamps / Opsen AKA Burr Oak. These french guys are running it.

😂Listen, there's plenty of decent French music.

Start with a mild one from the 80s, classic.

Now if you can handle your French bosses The Clamps / Opsen AKA Burr Oak. These french guys are running it.

You know what @dave , I hate the first (I'm sure it is possible to find British guys doing even worse), but I prefer it 100 times (at least) to the second, my ears are bleeding!

Let me enjoy Jack Peñate, Frank Turner, Air Traffic, Scouting for Girls and many more (that are almost unknown in France) alone!

I can understand, but I play a little the piano and sing in 2 different groups (rock with violin and cello and funk), and I enjoy that. Sorry to be mainstream 😋

I can understand, but I play a little the piano and sing in 2 different groups (rock with violin and cello and funk), and I enjoy that. Sorry to be mainstream 😋
Yeah? Awesome. I play the disco violin. If you can record string falloffs I will take them off your hands all day long :)

Like this, best tool for vintage:

In my spare time, I've practiced the luthery as an amateur. Started with a bass guitar then a pseudo cello, then 4 violins and finally 2 cellos. They are all electroacoustic.
Here is my last violin played in the rock group:
And the last cello played in the group too:

In my spare time, I've practiced the luthery as an amateur. Started with a bass guitar then a pseudo cello, then 4 violins and finally 2 cellos. They are all electroacoustic.
Here is my last violin played in the rock group:
And the last cello played in the group too:

Classical music reminds me of Hannibal lecters kitchen. Very nice though, you should upload some recordings I can sample :) , in the low E, F, F# region.

Hello everyone!

I've been lurking and reading this forum for a while, finally decided to join as recent changes have opened up some floor space for me, so I'm looking to get my own pin.

I've been amazed by the depth of knowledge shared on this forum. The insights I have gathered so far have been invaluable, I will make separate post in the Noobie forum soon for some advice.

Cheers!

Welcome PennilessImp749, good choice in labyrinth, had a few games last week at expo and was impressed, it felt like an established companies latest game rather than a startups first go At making a game.

you should enjoy it when it arrives

Hello fellow pinball lovers - newbie John here and hope to have many interesting conversations and make mucho discoveries.

Have been an addict for many a year and used to own a Chicago Coin Playtime pinball, which I am now trying to replace - so if you have one for sale, or know of one I can purchase, it would be most welcome! :)

Hi, I have always loved Pinball games starting at a very early age playing Bagatelle in the 1960's.
I was fascinated by the machines such as "Central Park" in the local launderette and in the pubs.

Fast forward to the early 70's and I used to nip in the local arcades and watch other people play as I never had much money to throw into the machines myself. I was then asked if I would like to launch a ball by one guy playing and I was hooked.
The game was called "Big Shot" and was hard as heck but hypnotic at the same time. From then on every time I went to the arcades with my mates I was throwing my money away playing pinball whilst they were trying to get rich on the Fruit Machines.
I remember walking in to a local arcade called "The Showboat" and hearing a really loud and cool sort of synthesised speech ......... and then there it was ........ Gorgar. It was like everything I had seen or played before had become obsolete there and then ....... and that moment in time has always stayed with me.
Not much happened after that :) Oh! there were the early 90's games that were rotated in the local pubs which were amazing. Pool, Darts and PInball if they had one was a normal routine back then for me.
With having 3 children and being the sole earner I had no money to buy a machine of my own so I did other things instead.

I haven't seen a pinball machine to play anywhere around these parts for years .....not that I get out much to be fair.
A few years back I installed the Pinball Arcade virtual tables on my computer and thoroughly enjoyed them (still do) but it just isn't the same now is it?

I will be looking for my very own first table very soon.......it won't be a mega title and it won't cost me mega thousands of pounds but it will be mine and authentic and it will get played a lot and it will mean the world to me.

And then I suppose it will begin.........................

Last edited:
Hi, I have always loved Pinball games starting at a very early age playing Bagatelle in the 1960's.
I was fascinated by the machines such as "Central Park" in the local launderette and in the pubs.

Fast forward to the early 70's and I used to nip in the local arcades and watch other people play as I never had much money to throw into the machines myself. I was then asked if I would like to launch a ball by one guy playing and I was hooked.
The game was called "Big Shot" and was hard as heck but hypnotic at the same time. From then on every time I went to the arcades with my mates I was throwing my money away playing pinball whilst they were trying to get rich on the Fruit Machines.
I remember walking in to a local arcade called "The Showboat" and hearing a really loud and cool sort of synthesised speech ......... and then there it was ........ Gorgar. It was like everything I had seen or played before had become obsolete there and then ....... and that moment in time has always stayed with me.
Not much happened after that :) Oh! there were the early 90's games that were rotated in the local pubs which were amazing. Pool, Darts and PInball if they had one was a normal routine back then for me.
With having 3 children and being the sole earner I had no money to buy a machine of my own so I did other things instead.

I haven't seen a pinball machine to play anywhere around these parts for years .....not that I get out much to be fair.
A few years back I installed the Pinball Arcade virtual tables on my computer and thoroughly enjoyed them (still do) but it just isn't the same now is it?

I will be looking for my very own first table very soon.......it won't be a mega title and it won't cost me mega thousands of pounds but it will be mine and authentic and it will get played a lot and it will mean the world to me.

And then I suppose it will begin.........................
Sounds like you need to track down a Gorgar.
welcome.gifTo Pinball Info .

Hello,

Your name isn't Wes, is it?

To explain, the old yahoo pinball group regularly featured requests from Wesley 'after a Gorgar' Hoyle, this game apparently held similar memories for him. Whatever else he acquired, he tended not to keep for long.

Though it's the first pinball (in fact the first amusement machine) with digitally synthesised speech, in other ways Gorgar was actually rather ordinary. I'd prefer the slightly earlier Williams game Flash. Technically, Williams were trailing every other manufacturer, even the conservative Gottlieb, in still using the flipper mechanisms from the days of electro-mechanical games; their long overdue modular flipper finally appeared on the slightly later Firepower, with the additional features of Lane Change and Multi-Ball.

Last edited:
Hello,

Your name isn't Wes, is it?

To explain, the old yahoo pinball group regularly featured requests from Wes for a Gorgar, which apparently held similar memories for him. Whatever else he acquired, he tended not to keep for long.

Though it's the first pinball (in fact the first amusement machine) with digitally synthesised speech, in other ways Gorgar was actually rather ordinary. Technically, Williams were trailing every other manufacturer, even the conservative Gottlieb, in still using the flipper mechanisms from the days of electro-mechanical games; their long overdue modular flipper finally appeared on the slightly later Firepower, with the additional features of Lane Change and Multi-Ball.
Hi Jay,

My name isn't Wes and I have never owned a Pinball machine in the past.

I understand your point about the speech but it was more than that to me at the time. It was also the assumed or real power that the game seemed to exude in spades.

The heartbeat is still powerful when playing the game even now. It also seemed to be the dawn of a new era for pinball to me

I actually like a lot of EM games and to be fair when I do get a machine it will probably be something affordable like that which I will purchase.

One of the reasons I did not purchase a machine years and years ago was a lack of funds but also being unprepared to save up for something that were renowned for faults and issues.
Without the skills needed for maintenance I spent my money elsewhere. Finding this forum and seeing the wealth of expertise on here and the generally good helpful attitude that people have has pushed me to buy a machine of my own knowing that I will get help should problems arise.

I will be paying site support in recognition of that fact.

Hopefully something will come my way eventually and find it's place in my (not ready yet) outbuilding/cave :)

Last edited:
Hi everyone from here in North Wales, I have been wanting a pinball machine for years ever since playing them as a kid in the 80s and finally bought a Virtual Pinball machine at the beginning of this year, as a late Christmas present to myself. And have been hooked on it and play it almost everyday since I got it but I really want to get my first real pinball machine so I have the best of both worlds.

Hello I am Andrew, I live in Scotland with my partner.
We ordered our first pinball machine. Looking forward to getting it.
Hi Andrew welcome to the forum and community. We are about to start the new Scottish Pinball League season, first meet up is in Cumbernauld, it's a great social group, everyone is super friendly and a good way to try out different machines. If you and your partner are interested let me know and I'll PM you all the details.

Regards
Chris

I'm David, never owned a pin, but used to be a regular player in the 70's, favourite machine was Williams Space Lab.
Have just got into looking after a private collectors machines ( I used to be a electromechanical engineer ), he owns Theatre of Magic, Monster Bash, Adams Family, Munsters and Medieval madness.
Just started designing some lighting features for him and making new gears for Monster Bash.

I'm David, never owned a pin, but used to be a regular player in the 70's, favourite machine was Williams Space Lab.
Have just got into looking after a private collectors machines ( I used to be a electromechanical engineer ), he owns Theatre of Magic, Monster Bash, Adams Family, Munsters and Medieval madness.
Just started designing some lighting features for him and making new gears for Monster Bash.

Welcome David, that does sound interesting.

Maybe create a thread and post some pictures of your work.

Hi everyone, my name's Simon.

I recently discovered my love for pinball after visiting Arcade Club in Bury with some friends for my 40th Birthday. I'd been a couple of times before and always had a quick go on the pinball machines but mainly went for the games. This time however, I noticed the Godzilla Premium on the ground floor. Oh my word. Until that game, Pinball machines had always been a bit like bandits and slot machines to me - lots of flashing lights and noises that I didn't really understand. Godzilla made me realise that they have stories and action and comedy. I still didn't understand it, but I wanted to. Safe to say I was playing it all night.

The days after that I watched so many pinball videos on YouTube that its affected my algorithm permanently and now that's all I get on my feed (shoutout @Gonzo ) 😂

The next week my girlfriend and I went to Amsterdam, and lo and behold I bumped into another Godzilla. Some would say it was fate. My girlfriend wouldn't, but some would. I managed to get an afternoon of playing it and it was official. I was a pinhead.

Since then I've been back to Arcade Club a couple of times but it's really dark and loud in there and a good chunk of the machines don't work. I'm planning to checkout a place called Levels in Preston next week as I heard they have a few machines but unfortunately it seems like pinball venue situation up here is pretty dire. I thought there'd be loads in Blackpool but looking online it doesn't seem like there is.

I would love to own a machine of my own at some point but right now I'm just concentrating on trying to play them!

Would love to own a Godzilla, obviously here are a few more that I'm eager to play:

Pulp Fiction I already know I want to own this, one of my favourite films and it just looks so cool
Big Lebowski As above
Attack From Mars, Medieval Madness and Fish Tales Played these on my phone so I can learn the rules in preparation for playing the real thing and they're just so much fun
RoboCop Game looks simple and it's a Top 3 movie of mine so would love to play it and (hopefully) decide that I don't need to own it!
Batman '66 Love the theme, love the colours and just looks like fun.

Sorry for the hefty post, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself!

Back
Top Bottom