What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

H
Hi everyone, my name's Simon.

I recently discovered my love for pinball after visiting Arcade Club in Bury with some friends for my 40th Birthday. I'd been a couple of times before and always had a quick go on the pinball machines but mainly went for the games. This time however, I noticed the Godzilla Premium on the ground floor. Oh my word. Until that game, Pinball machines had always been a bit like bandits and slot machines to me - lots of flashing lights and noises that I didn't really understand. Godzilla made me realise that they have stories and action and comedy. I still didn't understand it, but I wanted to. Safe to say I was playing it all night.

The days after that I watched so many pinball videos on YouTube that its affected my algorithm permanently and now that's all I get on my feed (shoutout @Gonzo ) 😂

The next week my girlfriend and I went to Amsterdam, and lo and behold I bumped into another Godzilla. Some would say it was fate. My girlfriend wouldn't, but some would. I managed to get an afternoon of playing it and it was official. I was a pinhead.

Since then I've been back to Arcade Club a couple of times but it's really dark and loud in there and a good chunk of the machines don't work. I'm planning to checkout a place called Levels in Preston next week as I heard they have a few machines but unfortunately it seems like pinball venue situation up here is pretty dire. I thought there'd be loads in Blackpool but looking online it doesn't seem like there is.

I would love to own a machine of my own at some point but right now I'm just concentrating on trying to play them!

Would love to own a Godzilla, obviously here are a few more that I'm eager to play:

Pulp Fiction I already know I want to own this, one of my favourite films and it just looks so cool
Big Lebowski As above
Attack From Mars, Medieval Madness and Fish Tales Played these on my phone so I can learn the rules in preparation for playing the real thing and they're just so much fun
RoboCop Game looks simple and it's a Top 3 movie of mine so would love to play it and (hopefully) decide that I don't need to own it!
Batman '66 Love the theme, love the colours and just looks like fun.

Sorry for the hefty post, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself!
Hi Simon, and yes once you fall into that hole your never getting out! I have a Vpin i love playing with pretty much all the tables on it, but i am going on a road trip this friday to pickup my first Real Pin and really looking forward to getting it.

H

Hi Simon, and yes once you fall into that hole your never getting out! I have a Vpin i love playing with pretty much all the tables on it, but i am going on a road trip this friday to pickup my first Real Pin and really looking forward to getting it.
Oh ace, what're you getting?

I have been tempted by the vpins but I'd have to play one first, do they feel pretty realistic?

Hi everyone, my name's Simon.

I recently discovered my love for pinball after visiting Arcade Club in Bury with some friends for my 40th Birthday. I'd been a couple of times before and always had a quick go on the pinball machines but mainly went for the games. This time however, I noticed the Godzilla Premium on the ground floor. Oh my word. Until that game, Pinball machines had always been a bit like bandits and slot machines to me - lots of flashing lights and noises that I didn't really understand. Godzilla made me realise that they have stories and action and comedy. I still didn't understand it, but I wanted to. Safe to say I was playing it all night.

The days after that I watched so many pinball videos on YouTube that its affected my algorithm permanently and now that's all I get on my feed (shoutout @Gonzo ) 😂

The next week my girlfriend and I went to Amsterdam, and lo and behold I bumped into another Godzilla. Some would say it was fate. My girlfriend wouldn't, but some would. I managed to get an afternoon of playing it and it was official. I was a pinhead.

Since then I've been back to Arcade Club a couple of times but it's really dark and loud in there and a good chunk of the machines don't work. I'm planning to checkout a place called Levels in Preston next week as I heard they have a few machines but unfortunately it seems like pinball venue situation up here is pretty dire. I thought there'd be loads in Blackpool but looking online it doesn't seem like there is.

I would love to own a machine of my own at some point but right now I'm just concentrating on trying to play them!

Would love to own a Godzilla, obviously here are a few more that I'm eager to play:

Pulp Fiction I already know I want to own this, one of my favourite films and it just looks so cool
Big Lebowski As above
Attack From Mars, Medieval Madness and Fish Tales Played these on my phone so I can learn the rules in preparation for playing the real thing and they're just so much fun
RoboCop Game looks simple and it's a Top 3 movie of mine so would love to play it and (hopefully) decide that I don't need to own it!
Batman '66 Love the theme, love the colours and just looks like fun.

Sorry for the hefty post, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself!
Welcome.

I think everyone has an inner pin-head, it’s just we don’t realise it until ‘that’ moment as you’ve described.

Get saving as owning these things is very addictive!

Hey guys, I've been on the UKVac arcade forum for many years and lurked here for a while... Played a lot of VPins but this December something clicked in me and I've been absolutely addicted. I went to Home Leisure direct just to see what they had on offer (Don't worry I didn't pay their prices, £8k for Batman TDK?!), and the day after went to Retroids, oh my goodness, absolutely loved all of the machines they had (Cactus Canyon Remake, Stern Star Wars, JP, Deadpool, Foo Fighters and Venom).

Been dying to go back and scratch the pinball itch... Hope to own one one day but wife is pregnant so now is probably not the right time! :p

In the meantime I'll continue to watch the old Deadflip streams and Gonzo's content and live vicariously through you all on the forum here.

Hey guys, I've been on the UKVac arcade forum for many years and lurked here for a while... Played a lot of VPins but this December something clicked in me and I've been absolutely addicted. I went to Home Leisure direct just to see what they had on offer (Don't worry I didn't pay their prices, £8k for Batman TDK?!), and the day after went to Retroids, oh my goodness, absolutely loved all of the machines they had (Cactus Canyon Remake, Stern Star Wars, JP, Deadpool, Foo Fighters and Venom).

Been dying to go back and scratch the pinball itch... Hope to own one one day but wife is pregnant so now is probably not the right time! :p

In the meantime I'll continue to watch the old Deadflip streams and Gonzo's content and live vicariously through you all on the forum here.
Welcome - keep playing on location! If you go a bit further up the M5 you could go to Tilt in Birmingham which has many, many machines.

Unfortunately not a huge amount on location down the road in Bristol, best place for modern machines is Kongs which has a Foo Fighters (which you’ve already played), Godzilla and Mandalorian.

If you haven’t already then download the Pinball Map app.

welcome.gifTo Pinball Info @Devil-Mish.

Welcome mate . . . funnily enough it occurred to me very recently that I've never actually played a V-Pin.

Congratulations to you and Mrs Devil-Mish

Hi All
I have been in and out of loads of pinball forums, but a long time ago. It's probably a decade since I last joined in with the online community.
I have already found some interesting stuff on here, so we'll done to all involved.
I have a ST:TNG, not played much lately, used to have a Dracula, but didn't have the space.
We are moving to the States soon, so need to pass my machine on, I am off to sign up to check out the sales part of the forum.
Thanks for letting me in.
Dave

Hi all, quite new to the hobby and currently absolutely enamoured with it.
Long way off owning a home pin but if you could have any theme for a pinball machine what would you pick?
For me it'd be either a music pin based of a sea shanty band (Jaws callouts certainly peaked my interest) or Pokemon

Hi all, quite new to the hobby and currently absolutely enamoured with it.
Long way off owning a home pin but if you could have any theme for a pinball machine what would you pick?
For me it'd be either a music pin based of a sea shanty band (Jaws callouts certainly peaked my interest) or Pokemon
Hey Kendar, welcome!

I think for me I'd go Tekken. Sounds wild right? But we've had the Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition a long time ago and Tekken keeps pumping out Pachislo's like there's no tomorrow.

I'm imagining unlocking characters like the new Stern Venom and having a character 'match-up' thing so you need to change characters to have a better advantage to battle the upcoming challenger... Although now I think I'm bluring into Pokemon too.

Hello everyone!

Hooked on pinball since a few trips to Canada & America where I hit some arcades.
Now I have a home pin (Bought a PZ from a friend - really enjoying it!), pinfest tickets and have sank too many coins in to the local TMNT at the local cinema.
Welcome!

If you haven’t already, download the Pinball Map app if you want to find some other local machines - must be brutal to pay by the credit on TMNT! Can also add that cinema to the map if you’re willing to divulge where it is.

Welcome!

If you haven’t already, download the Pinball Map app if you want to find some other local machines - must be brutal to pay by the credit on TMNT! Can also add that cinema to the map if you’re willing to divulge where it is.
It's on the map already - in Cramlington.

TMNT is a favourite of mine. The spinning pizza multiball is awesome.

Ah very good. I used to live in Northumberland so I know Concordia well (albeit the pins arrived long after I left).

The spinning pizza is a bit of a marmite feature, some people embrace the chaos and others hate it!

Hello everyone!

Hooked on pinball since a few trips to Canada & America where I hit some arcades.
Now I have a home pin (Bought a PZ from a friend - really enjoying it!), pinfest tickets and have sank too many coins in to the local TMNT at the local cinema.
welcome.gifTo Pinball Info @gnarled112.

We have a good pinball location in my Street which you welcome to visit anytime and inc the following pins

Godzilla le
Deadpool le
Scooby Doo ce
Metallica Prem
TNA ce
FF prem
BSD
Fathom
BOP
BM66 prem
TBL ea
GF le
TAF
HS2
TOM
ST le
Houdini
Munsters le
BMTDK

Few I’ve forgot too.

Hi everyone, great to be on here.

I am Julian (Jools) from Kent, UK and have been a pinball fan since I was a kid. Always wanted my own machine and will get one hopefully, in the not-too-distant future. Really glad I found this group and had a look around, as I would probably have ended up buying a machine from a dealer and perhaps paying over the odds for it, it appears.

I tend to like horror themed machines quite a lot and would happily own a TFTC, but I also like a number of games with different themes, including as WD, RBION and of course, TZ.

Anyway, I won't take up any more of your precious silver ball time, so I hope you are all well and look forward to having a few conversations.

Jools.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, great to be on here.

I am Julian (Jools) from Kent, UK and have been a pinball fan since I was a kid. Always wanted my own machine and will get one hopefully, in the not-too-distant future. Really glad I found this group and had a look around, as I would probably have ended up buying a machine from a dealer and perhaps paying over the odds for it, it appears.

I tend to like horror themed machines quite a lot and would happily own a TFTC, but I also like a number of games with different themes, including as WD, RBION and of course, TZ.

Anyway, I won't take up any more of your precious silver ball time, so I hope you are all well and look forward to having a few conversations.

Jools.
Welcome! Whereabouts in Kent are you? You probably know already but, if not, there’s a great pinball venue in Medway - well worth a visit!

Back
Top Bottom