What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New EU Tariffs push pinball prices up 25%

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2463

As seen in the GNR thread - the EU imposed a set of tariffs that has affected coin op games and parts to the level of 25% !

A Stern pro if imported from the US now would roughly be £8125

Fortunately in two months we are out of this ****show and the current pricing would resume based upon the draft tariffs that the UK government have set out. But those of you that import your games from the EU are probably not going to see much benefit of doing that for games that aren't in the EU already.

Cheers,
Neil.

Excuse me for sounding thick but I’m guessing we already pay some duties with our pins being a lot more than our US cousins and If so would this amount be deducted from the 25% being quoted?
Also with pins landing early next month are we gonna hit by this temporary tax (hopefully temporary that it)

I'm probably going to pull this shipment before it loads today, unless everyone wants to pay an extra 25%? No?! Ok, I'll pull it then, can arrive 2nd Jan and hopefully left the EU **** show and back to 0% tariff on pins.

So glad I voted out!

Update on EU Imposed Tariffs Relating to Pintables, Parts and Accessories
As many of you are aware, the recent update to tariffs placed upon pinball machines, their accessories and consumables was swift and lacked meaningful consultation with any US/EU supply chain members.
Without politicising this decision, mainstream media have commented that this is in response to a dispute over alleged subsidies and payments within the US and EU over Boeing (manufactured in Washington and California) and Airbus (manufactured in France and Germany). Common commentary suggests that these tariffs are in direct retaliation to tariffs implemented on the EU last year.
As things currently stand, when the UK moves to the UK Global Tariff on January 1st, 2020, all tariffs on Pinball machines, accessories and consumables will cease. Returning the UK to a 0% tariff situation.
Considering this, and not wishing to pass this tariff on to our loyal customers, we have made the decision to hold our shipment of new in box machines to arrive in January 2021. Where all prices paid will remain the same.
We will continue to monitor the situation, and keep our customers updated as things progress. Should you wish to discuss options on bringing your games to the UK prior to the implementation of the UK Global Tariff, we can discuss this, however current estimates are that this will attract a £700 shipping fee, plus a 25% tariff on the cost of the machine.
We understand that this is not a perfect situation and continue to explore the best outcomes for our customers and supporters. We do currently have a stock holding in the UK of new in box machines, which we are able to offer at pre tariff pricing.

I'm probably going to pull this shipment before it loads today, unless everyone wants to pay an extra 25%? No?! Ok, I'll pull it then, can arrive 2nd Jan and hopefully left the EU **** show and back to 0% tariff on pins.
Is that the R&M shipment Phil? Would def prefer to wait than pay another 25% on top!

yes, obv, no one will want to pay 25% more, when its a case of landing 9th december or 2nd jan!

no one can say as we dont know what, if any, deal will be agreed with EU

1605175067792.png

Showing as active from the 10th of Nov on the gov tariffs site, any idea what happens to something shipped before the 10th but still in transit?

An update from the Pinball Bazaar

- Comet LEDS will be available and in stock at set pricing, we have good stock, but this could change if there is a rush, all pre orders are covered and due to ship Friday / Monday. Our next shipment will not leave now until January 2nd 2021.
- PerfectPlay rubbers, we will have a full stock holding of Red and Blue before Christmas - so if you ordered those colours, congrats they will be in. I imagine that all other colours will be in January 2nd 2021, but will update as that progresses.
- Balls are in transit, I do not think this impact us on this, due pre Christmas and healthy stock holding. Restock 2021.
- Pin Stadium - these will be coming into the UK in 2021 - all pre order customers have been notified. Good stock on Stadiums, Neo/Fusion sold out. Restock 2021.
- Pingulps will be in stock at the set pricing. They will be here shortly. Good stock, restock in January. Restock 2021.

Thanks all.

I shipped some cliffys today so will see what I get hit with on that.

So how will it work next year when selling a pin from here into, say, France?

if the goods are of US origin with that code it will attract that 25% as you take it from the UK to the EU. You might hide it in your boot and hope for the best.

Neil.

So glad I voted out!

Update on EU Imposed Tariffs Relating to Pintables, Parts and Accessories
As many of you are aware, the recent update to tariffs placed upon pinball machines, their accessories and consumables was swift and lacked meaningful consultation with any US/EU supply chain members.
Without politicising this decision, mainstream media have commented that this is in response to a dispute over alleged subsidies and payments within the US and EU over Boeing (manufactured in Washington and California) and Airbus (manufactured in France and Germany). Common commentary suggests that these tariffs are in direct retaliation to tariffs implemented on the EU last year.
As things currently stand, when the UK moves to the UK Global Tariff on January 1st, 2020, all tariffs on Pinball machines, accessories and consumables will cease. Returning the UK to a 0% tariff situation.
Considering this, and not wishing to pass this tariff on to our loyal customers, we have made the decision to hold our shipment of new in box machines to arrive in January 2021. Where all prices paid will remain the same.
We will continue to monitor the situation, and keep our customers updated as things progress. Should you wish to discuss options on bringing your games to the UK prior to the implementation of the UK Global Tariff, we can discuss this, however current estimates are that this will attract a £700 shipping fee, plus a 25% tariff on the cost of the machine.
We understand that this is not a perfect situation and continue to explore the best outcomes for our customers and supporters. We do currently have a stock holding in the UK of new in box machines, which we are able to offer at pre tariff pricing.

I think the right decision. I don't want to be paying 25% more on two games! Although I'm going to have to find something else for the wife "present" now LOL

Neil.

if the goods are of US origin with that code it will attract that 25% as you take it from the UK to the EU. You might hide it in your boot and hope for the best.
And going the other way? Will they give us the 25% back?! :D

I've got some bits and pieces coming from Germany. I put the order in last week and yesterday I get notified they hadn't received the payment (when it put it through PayPal the logo kept spinning and I thought it was stuck) so they shipped it yesterday which means I'll get stung, bugger 😪😪😪

I've got some bits and pieces coming from Germany. I put the order in last week and yesterday I get notified they hadn't received the payment (when it put it through PayPal the logo kept spinning and I thought it was stuck) so they shipped it yesterday which means I'll get stung, bugger 😪😪😪

If they are shipping from Germany you should be fine, its only items coming from the US that has the extra tariff I believe

If the goods are coming from Germany you should be fine, isn’t this tariff for goods from the US after 10/11/20.

Luckily my cliffys and pinballlife order shipped the day before all this sh*t.

Would this not mean that the UK would be a hot source for pinball stuff for EU from next year? i.e. if you were living in France or Germany it would work out cheaper to buy from @philpalmer than directly or via a local distributor? Or am I oversimplifying it?

Wow, this will hurt Stern and JJP for European sales in 2021.

As for UK, surely this super late notice 25% tax would be on the date of the commercial invoice?

Seems ridiculous, that they add tax to stuff people have already bought and is ready to ship or be shipped?

I bought some parts from USA, before 10th Nov, but being shipped now! I am hoping it's the invoice date they go on!

Importing goods into the UK from countries outside of the European Union​

When you purchase products from overseas countries for delivery to the UK, the senders of the products should complete a commercial invoice and send this with the parcel. The commercial invoice is there to show UK customs the value of the product/s entering the UK along with the total cost of shipping and insurance. This combined figure of product value, shipping cost and shipping insurance will be used as the “value” of your goods. One important thing to remember is that the sender of the goods should NOT be charging you any local sales tax (similar to VAT) on your purchase. This is because you will be paying VAT to HMRC customs on entry of the goods into the UK.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom