What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New EU Tariffs push pinball prices up 25%

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Boris gave a good live prepared speech earlier but major folded under the questioning.
It was intolerable 🤮

Agree to disagree, I thought he answered Robert Peston's question very, very well indeed.

Just had confirmation via email UK outside of customs Union, which means one would assume onto UKGT as outlined, we means one would assume pinball tariff back to 0% as outlined.

Merry Christmas you filthy animals (one would assume)

Agree to disagree, I thought he answered Robert Peston's question very, very well indeed.
You mean the 15 min ramble ?? That still didn't answer the actual Q. 😂😂That will take some editing later. I guess peeps will see on the news later so can make their own minds up.
What about the other half dozen? Which he totally skirted around?
Ask the guys in the fishing industry if they are happy with the answer from laura kuenssbergs Q 👍

You mean the 15 min ramble ?? That still didn't answer the actual Q. 😂😂That will take some editing later. I guess peeps will see on the news later so can make their own minds up.
What about the other half dozen? Which he totally skirted around?
Ask the guys in the fishing industry if they are happy with the answer from laura kuenssbergs Q 👍
In a world of Punch and Judy politics and the age of the soundbite, I’ve stopped holding ANY politician truly accountable at press conferences such as this buddy. So we are probably judging it on different standards. Do I wish ALL politics was better, yes. Will I judge BOJO on skirting those questions in isolation. No.

I see your point of view by the way and don’t disagree with you one but. I’m just not surprised by it. Me and my best friends all sit at pretty much opposite ends of the political spectrum (not me in isolation I hasten to add, but groups on either side), we all agree on two things. The need for a stronger Labour Party to hold the conservatives to a better account and the return of a straight answer. I think we will get a stronger Labour Party first though :/

Just had confirmation via email UK outside of customs Union, which means one would assume onto UKGT as outlined, we means one would assume pinball tariff back to 0% as outlined.

Merry Christmas you filthy animals (one would assume)
There you go again using the word assume ....

as Alan rightly says until it’s updated on the tariff uk gov page we know nothing

In a world of Punch and Judy politics and the age of the soundbite, I’ve stopped holding ANY politician truly accountable at press conferences such as this buddy. So we are probably judging it on different standards. Do I wish ALL politics was better, yes. Will I judge BOJO on skirting those questions in isolation. No.

I see your point of view by the way. I’m just not surprised by it.
Fair enough, its a tough job at the top. I'm glad they got it over the line.
There's many individuals working in the background with areas of expertise. You cannot expect one guy to know every minor detail.

There you go again using the word assume ....

as Alan rightly says until it’s updated on the tariff uk gov page we know nothing

The UKGT site is live, it shows pinball machines, parts, spares and accessories for the USA at 0%. I don’t see any need for them to update it based on a trade deal with the EU.

Without getting into the politics of it, of the major points is the UK is free and independent to make trade deals. We are all hoping on the same thing, which based on all of the information provided by official sources, states it 0%. My only point on assumptions is how quickly things can change such as the introduction of such tariffs.

I hope this doesn’t come across as adversarial, because I’m really not trying to be. My point is, I wouldn’t be waiting for it to be explicitly stated, because the UKGT is in effect and goes live January 1st. It explicitly states 0% for these items already.

I'm sure James is right. Until news otherwise I'd assume the zero percent tariff is correct... At least for the time being

As for Boris's deal - compared to what we had previously? Mmm hmm, great deal !

it's superb. now we don't have to buy in freaking electricity and a load of other old ****e from the EU because of their stupid policies and get back to being an net exporter to the EU like the rest of the world and not have to be part of the atrocities going on in the East of Europe or the monetary union thats killing people in the south of Europe.

Neil.

it's superb. now we don't have to buy in freaking electricity and a load of other old ****e from the EU because of their stupid policies and get back to being an net exporter to the EU like the rest of the world and not have to be part of the atrocities going on in the East of Europe or the monetary union thats killing people in the south of Europe.

Neil.
Says the man who has a German car collection and a watch collection from oh ye the eu
Maybe you will px the bmw in for a black cab or Morgan and swap the watch s for timex lol

Neil.
I bet you voted Remain! :D

So cutting out all the fancy wording.

What is happening?

Are we still only 'guessing' or has actual figures gone live?

I would also check any government website to find when it was last updated.

Personally I think we should be asking how food, medicines and CV19 vaccines will get into the UK. Just for now I am putting those ahead of pinball.

Says the man who has a German car collection and a watch collection from oh ye the eu
Maybe you will px the bmw in for a black cab or Morgan and swap the watch s for timex lol

Chris, sorry to tell you mate, but Switzerland isn't in the EU. But we aren't forced to buy cars in Germany unlike many other things because the EU rigged market drives stupid and expensive behaviour.

I bet you voted Remain! :D
I did actually but more on the cheap labour front because we have too high costs here.

For the average Joe they won't notice any difference as changes to this happens over generations.

but when France unilaterally decides to break the law by stopping European citizens being able to enter the EU do you see the EU taking them to court? yet we change some beaurcracy in shipping stuff to Northern Ireland and they hire half the lawers on the planet! I also find it nuts that some bozo in an office in Brussels can decide an import tariff and we have no way, not even politically to challenge it.

I know Switzerland is not in the eu but it is in Europe
So what would you replace your bmw with Neil if you where not to buy a car from an eu country or what kitchen appliances or many other things you probably not going to replace them for anything made in the uk

I know Switzerland is not in the eu but it is in Europe
So what would you replace your bmw with Neil if you where not to buy a car from an eu country or what kitchen appliances or many other things you probably not going to replace them for anything made in the uk

well my dishwasher, dryer, washing machine and fridge are all Samsung and made in South Korea. The cooker/hob is Bosch but interestingly made in North Carolina in the US as I had to import it especially. The ovens are made in Germany though. Panasonic Microwave made in Japan! So I could live of pot noodles :D

Cars - I'd get an X5M Competition made at BMW Spartanburg - in the United States! But I have to say the car is a tough one until McLaren make a car I can get my fat **** in :D

Neil

Anyone know if there's VAT to pay on imported goods from the EU now?

Let's say I buy a TAF on German eBay?

Sent from my Atari 2600

well my dishwasher, dryer, washing machine and fridge are all Samsung and made in South Korea. The cooker/hob is Bosch but interestingly made in North Carolina in the US as I had to import it especially. The ovens are made in Germany though. Panasonic Microwave made in Japan! So I could live of pot noodles :D

Cars - I'd get an X5M Competition made at BMW Spartanburg - in the United States! But I have to say the car is a tough one until McLaren make a car I can get my fat **** in :D

Neil
And doesn’t spend more time back at the garage than being driven
What about Bentley or Aston Martin

Sent from my Atari 2600

need to see the detail of the deal but I would be surprised if not.

Sent from my Atari 2600
I doubt it I suspect it all depends how it ships if it goes with a proper transport company then a customs declaration form must be filled in so maybe if it goes with man in van on the hush probably not

Back
Top Bottom