What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NERG 2022 - July 16th & 17th

Usual awesome event under Phil's guidance. Really impressed to see feedback taken onboard and acted on so swiftly to try and improve things for the punters. With the addition of food vans (and ice cream!) outside this year it's a show that just keeps on improving somehow. And it's such a great city to enjoy outside of show hours too

Hats off to all the contributors and helpers that help make it possible. Brilliant show. If you've not been to NERG yet you're really missing out.

@Biff No drinks on the machines! 🤣 I yelled at someone for doing that on one of my games!
Arrived home at 11.15pm last night after stopping for a McDonald's tea, last game of the van just after midnight. Totally knackering but as always a great experience despite us being kicked out the Tyne bar just after 11 as they were closing meaning an unexpected (but needed) early end sat night. I didnt use the food van as had already eaten at the schooner but a great idea to have it there. The highlight for me was watching a young girl of about 6 playing Farfalla so in control and scoring on the way to a million on her first ball! Sadly the game played in evil ways afterwards with house balls but would have loved to have seen what she could have scored on that.. she would have probably beat me! Great to see lots of love for the new games, never saw them empty and glad to see most of my scores in tact (who gave Adie Hufton the keys to my police force, I'm sure he had the glass off to get 2nd hi score 😏😆😆) Looking forward to seeing everyone at Pinfest now. 🤗🤗

Hi Everyone.

Huge thanks to all involved, especially @Big Phil. It was the great weekend it always is. Still my favourite event of the year. And (again) I found myself playing pins for about 95% of the weekend.

@Biff we've never met, and I don't frequent these pages often as I have no pins and regrettably no room for any (just now), but it seems that you may have brought all the ones I loved the most.

Huge love for EM tables and the EM Rodeo game was sublime ( was this the one at Play Blackpool last year?).

Anyway, my love for these EM tables has spilled over again and I really must make what changes are needed in the arcade games room to get a couple of these in my collection.

The Zacc Aerobatics table really makes me smile, a lot.

Thank you to all who supporter Phil by bringing a pin or 3. You made my day. And also the quality of the tables, rubbers, playfields etc was amazing and really, really makes a huge difference to the whole experience for us punters.

Here's to next year.

I’m beat. Just getting to bed. Legs not working. Fantastic return. Thank you everyone. Without the donators, friends and family, the event wouldn’t be what it is.

And in true style, I never played a single game.

Love the look of the new battlezone. Thanks for bringing that along. I may have to invest in it.

Anyone leave boots behind?

View attachment 175936

I beat ya.
I played three.
Battlezone, the gun game and one go on Turtles.
Other than play testing when fixing.
Scorchio on the journey home tho!
Got home way before @Wizcat tho.
Paul the pinball trucker.
And Scottish Pinball had a very, eventful time.
Loved it.
Only downer was Free Trade pub being shut early.
Hope ya get fixed btw @collywobbles

@neil1637 Thanks for letting me know. One of the key reasons i fix them is to let people play them. Honesty i hardly play them at home. I need a proper man cave…. Maybe i can ping Nick Noles… 😮 Yes it was Rodeo that was at NLP last year. Another bucket list item for me, having a gun game. I will be working on it now to get it 100% reliable and adding some sounds. Do a sesrch for rodeo on this forum to find the refurb thread. Although it has been hijacked somewhat for tech support 😁 (i don’t mind by the way…)

I went to this for the first time on Sunday and took my lad. We werent sure what to expect as we only got into pinball in the last couple of years. Had a great time and all I can say is it must have been good as it kept a teenager interested from the 6am set off to the return home at 7pm - without a single moan or eye-roll all day!!!!

A big thanks to everyone that made it happen. It must have taken a shed load of organising and a ton of work to make it happen. Well done.

Looking forward to the next one.

I should add...........we really enjoyed the selection of pins (as they are all pretty new to us) and managed to crack a Space Avenger + on Gorf! The wee man was very impressed!

Last edited:
Myself, Son and a Friend really enjoyed the NERG Event.. A huge thanks to the guys and girls who put this event on, they were super helpful and very friendly, thanks.

We played many Pins, and spent most of our time in the Pin area actually :)

I also had a good bit banter with Wayne whilst at the event (sorry Wayne I forgot your user name on here) he's a real topper of a bloke.

Also as always, it was real nice to meet with the Clunies ( @ailsaclunie ) again who always make us newbies feel more than welcome. Oh.. I really hope your journey back home is far less hassle free :)

Roll.. on NERG 2023
Thanks Scott - just wondering who won your competition ? We got home safe and sound - no more falling head first off a tail lift 😀 Thanks everyone - for looking after us - it made up for the fact I couldn’t drink 😀 still was a brilliant weekend - well done Phil

Thanks Scott - just wondering who won your competition ? We got home safe and sound - no more falling head first off a tail lift 😀 Thanks everyone - for looking after us - it made up for the fact I couldn’t drink 😀 still was a brilliant weekend - well done Phil
Hi @ailsaclunie - Glad you pair made it home safe :) Certainly wasn't me who won 😂 Our scores were, well.. pretty horrendous I would say 😂 But we had lots of fun and thats all that matters, though me and the little man were not happy, Ryan is certainly one for the watching haha

IMG-20220718-WA0000.jpg

Back
Top Bottom