What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NERG 2022 - July 16th & 17th

Time to start pulling this event together. It's a little later than usual due to big sports events in the region on previous weekends.

Please let me know if you can support in the way of donating pinball machines. We normally get around 35 to 40 at the event.

I have some hotel rooms reserved at the usual hotel, The Ramada Encore. So let me know if you require a reservation.

I've never been to a NERG before (can't remember if I knew it existed in 2019, or if I found out afterwards), so I'll be having at least a day trip to it on the Saturday.

Hi Phil, I’m planning on coming- I’m not far away and would like to bring a WPT.

OK I have a bed left in a twin room to share. It'll be roughly £40 per night for you. Let me know if you want it.

Just had a look at the ticket page for this. Can tickets be bought on the door for that day, or are they only sold via Eventbrite?

Itinerary for the NERG weekend

Friday

Setup is from 7am till 7pm
Minibus booked to go to Ramada Encore hotel at 7:05pm - First come basis! It's only a 20 minute walk anyway
Booking into the hotel - All rooms are booked in your name but covered by my card. You don't turn up, I end up paying for the room. Don't let me down.
Most stay at the hotel on the Friday evening for a few drinks and food.

Saturday
Breakfast is included with your room rate.
Minibus booked for 9am from the hotel to the stadium - First come basis!
NERG starts at 10am
NERG finishes at 6pm
Minibus booked for 6:05pm - First come basis!
You have an hour to get showered and changed
2 x Minibus booked for 7:15pm to take us to The Split Chimp bar where I have a hot buffet laid on for the staff and supporters

Sunday
Minibus booked for 9am to take us to the stadium
NERG starts at 10am
NERG finishes at 4:30pm

Brilliant! Thanks for your support.
Hi Phil- I’m struggling to bring WPT. Pin is currently in my shed in back garden- but logistically I’m looking at removing a door and shark finning it through a new extension round a tight angle which didn’t exist prior to the building work; the alternative is taking it through the kitchen and down into my garage again taking off a door . My pal who was gonna help me push it on my sack truck has put his back out last week and is off work :( I’ll let you know either way if I can get it there next week- need to see if my brother or dad can assist.Thanks, Peter

For the Nerg lot ...

I am staying in the Gateshead Ramada Encore right now.

There are two massive building projects immediately adjacent to the hotel. As a consequence there are a number of local road closures in effect.

Our normal walk into town (walking across the car park and in front of the Baltic to the Millenium Bridge) is also closed. You thus walk to the Tyne via the Jury's Inn.

My Google sat nav brought me to the hotel car park without issue as it knows where the road closures are. Our normal vehicular route to the stadium is closed as per the second photo.1656493724307270008971347033189.jpg16564942729448800712675160352372.jpg20220629_102622.jpg

Last edited:
Can I just point everyone to the date of the event in the thread. The subject title. It’s also on the website. It’s on Facebook. It’s on the eventbrite tickets. It’s on Twitter. It’s on insta.

It’s everywhere! 😂@ailsaclunie

Last edited:
Hopefully by next weekend my arm should at least start to work enough to play a few pins but mores the worry I’ll struggle to get Johnny there.
However if I can get a few mates to load it up what time will people be there to help me offload.
BTW I’m 15mi from NERG so it’s 10 min journey.

Thx Col

Back
Top Bottom