What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired NBA FASTBREAK for sale VGC

Expired Due to no activity
Whether he makes his money back or not by doing it, parting it out takes a game out of circulation.

Not everyone can afford to buy the lion's share of the A list pin lineup over a couple of years. We need cheap pins to allow new people in the hobby.

Just because one fella pays over the odds doesn't mean he should extend the misery to the next buyer or kill the game in tantrum to appease his guilt or financial outlay.

Just IMHO of course, but every game has someone out there who could love it and enjoy it. Hell, look at the love for Popeye!

Well you've all spotted quickly I'm a pinball rookie! & it's fascinating you all assumed I a man...:oops:

I'm grateful for the tips & following your comments with great interest, thank you! Keep 'em coming!

I do have the skills to take it apart but I'd rather not. We invested with good intentions, sadly we paid over the odds but that's done now. It was HLD for those asking. Looking for it to go to a good home and recoup some of what we spent (fat & chance spring to mind but I'm an optimist!).

Well you've all spotted quickly I'm a pinball rookie! & it's fascinating you all assumed I a man...:oops:

I knew however wasn't at liberty to divulge - (Noticed from the email when i approved your account :D)

I did was chuckling as i saw the responses come in.. HE this HE that :)

Welcome Floris ;) :D

Can you not go back to HLD and trade it in for £3000 against a NEW pin only like Star Wars ?

Looks like all there 2nd hand pins are about 2k over the top .so don't trade it in for any of there 2nd hand pins :tut:

People new to pinball will buy from dealers or a leisure company as they believe they are getting back up and piece of mind.

I bought my first game of a fanatic who gave me a days instruction on basic pin repair (thanks David Walker).

I was electronically trained so knew my way around them but I can not imagine buying a pinball with zero knowledge.

We all know that many hobbyists games are as good or better than dealers machines and with forums like this plenty of people give you help.

The NBA is worth however much someone will pay. Do not break it for bits. You'll be left with playfield and 90% of its parts.

Would the original dealer give you back say 75% against a new game.

Yes I think you paid slightly over the odds. But hey. We all do it. I always seem to get ripped off with cars.

Just get it advertised for £2200 Ono. Take anything over £1800.

That's my advice !

Best of luck. I'm sure you've had your fun with NBA.

Why don't you keep ownership and do a temporary swap on loan with another forum member for 3-12 months.

I was told by someone at Williams that it cost more to make per game than MM because of the licensing costs. madness ! (ahem)

If you would like a second NBA so you can link them together, you can have mine for £1200.

I sold an NBA Fastbreak last year (still regret it a little). Had a couple of scuffs and switches not working.

Sold it for about £1K.

Even in mint condition doubt you'd get more than £1300.

Be interested to know if this is the one from pinball uk because, if so it could be my old one.

Sorry just reread and saw you said it was HLD.

Those guys are criminal. They refused to buy my fast break for weeks (and then offered me £300 for it), then the go and sell them at this sort of price.

@Barko

Sorry to say that it sounds like you have been right royally screwed. If that game had medieval madness or afm written on it, you would be looking at 5 grand. But sadly pinball aficianados are not interested in your title in the uk.

You are not the first and will not be the last to get shafted on your first game. Whoever sold it to you probably smelt blood in the water.

Forget what you paid for it, that is gone.

Do not break the game up, you would be creating a nightmare for yourself and will be left with a dead, inanimate coffin that has been stripped of all goodness. Folk will be after about 10 things on that game (dmd display, cabinet, speaker panel, coin door, the circuit boards .... ), leaving you with heavy and unsellable junk polluting your home. Far better to sell a working game

You want a non-aficianado to buy this. There are loads of casual pinball buyers out there who are after a game. They do not know about pinside rankings, or how nba compares to scared stiff. They do not know what titles are sought after by geeks like us. Stick it on gumtree for 2 grand, invite offers. See what happens. Your first buyer will probably be your best buyer

Good luck

Sorry just reread and saw you said it was HLD.

Those guys are criminal. They refused to buy my fast break for weeks (and then offered me £300 for it), then the go and sell them at this sort of price.

It is pictured in Pinball UK's room so it probably is the same machine. Although how it has ended up being sold by HLD and then the buyer has somehow managed to get hold of photos from when it was at Pinball UK is a bit of a mystery. It adds quite a big discrepancy to this whole story and I'd love to hear the explanation....

Last edited by a moderator:
It is pictured in Pinball UK's room so it probably is the same machine. Although how it has ended up being sold by HLD and then the buyer has somehow managed to get hold of photos from when it was at Pinball UK is a bit of a mystery. It adds quite a big discrepancy to this whole story and I'd love to hear the explanation....

Hmmmmm..... me too. Bit disappointed my old machine was involved. Interestingly just read the other thread about HLD.

@Pinball UK any insight?

@damos3 @RobZombie These were the pictures we were given we were bought it from HLD, I think I have some while it was in our office. I don't know the history before it came to us but I can try to find out more if you're interested.

@damos3 @RobZombie These were the pictures we were given we were bought it from HLD, I think I have some while it was in our office. I don't know the history before it came to us but I can try to find out more if you're interested.

I find that really strange, because if there's one thing HLD do well it's taking really good pictures and videos of their machines. Which makes me wonder if they even had that machine in their possession at the time they sent you the pics. I'm guessing not.

I find that really strange, because if there's one thing HLD do well it's taking really good pictures and videos of their machines. Which makes me wonder if they even had that machine in their possession at the time they sent you the pics. I'm guessing not.
I really don't know, they arranged delivery so they may well have done a deal with another supplier that we didn't know about. Based on what I'm learning through this site about them I wouldn't be surprised.

Hi i have not had much to do on the forum recently as ihave had two deaths in my family and i had to put my dog down yesterday all in the space of 4 weeks yes i did sell that nba to home leisure i did not ship to the new owner only to hld

Back
Top Bottom