What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired NBA FASTBREAK for sale VGC

Expired Due to no activity

Barko

Registered
5Years
bought it in September 2016 but hardly used since we got it.

It's in absolutely cracking condition and available immediately.

Open to offers, we paid over £3,000... :confused:
IMG_0883.JPG.jpeg
IMG_0885.JPG.jpeg

Last edited:
A wise man warned me about the cost!
The truth is that isn't even what we paid for it. We bought it for a project we wanted to develop for GOSH but our situation has changed & we can't afford to do that any more. We're trying to recoup some of what we spent. Open to offers if it's a machine anyone is interested in.

@Barko sorry to hear that you got scammed on the price when you bought it but this probably isn't the best place to try and sell the game on as most if not all people on here know that a Fastbreak is worth somewhere in the £1000 to £1500 region. Ebay or Gumtree might be a better bet to try and get somewhere near your asking price but you may have to accept taking a significant loss on this to get it gone :(

I don't think fast break is quite as low as 1000. You should make 2K for it. The boards themselves have decent value now.

I don't think fast break is quite as low as 1000. You should make 2K for it. The boards themselves have decent value now.

Sorry but there's no way Fastbreak is worth £2K even in this crazy market :tut: My top end of £1500 was stretching it in my opinion. A rough players example is £1K and non workers are worth under that.

Well everyone's opinion is right of course :) but at that price better to chop it up and sell it as spares, you'd easily make 2K from doing that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry @Barko for derailing your thread. But Neil. Are you saying that everytime someone over pays for a machine (buys from a retailer) then they are supposed to break the game for spares instead of selling it for it's actual value :hmm:

Sorry @Barko for derailing your thread. But Neil. Are you saying that everytime someone over pays for a machine (buys from a retailer) then they are supposed to break the game for spares instead of selling it for it's actual value :hmm:

Well hell yes!! Why not?

So I think this case is rare, but if I knew I could get £2K for selling the spares rather than the £1K Ronnie is saying its worth then only a muppet wouldn't chop it for spares.

Neil.

Well hell yes!! Why not?

So I think this case is rare, but if I knew I could get £2K for selling the spares rather than the £1K Ronnie is saying its worth then only a muppet wouldn't chop it for spares.

Neil.

Good one :cuckoo:

oh and no it would be sad seeing this game get chopped, but it might be the best option to recover the money. I still think there are buyers out there that will pay more for it, especially in very good condition (infact I might have been interested at 2K but I've got three of these already, well two and a half!).

Neil.

In this specific case I'm going to assume that the seller doesn't know that much about pinball otherwise he wouldn't have spent over £3K on a Fastbreak. Bearing that in mind, I doubt he's got the inclination and possibly the skills to strip it down and flog the parts.

I wouldn't chop it for spares and I'm certainly no muppet :tut: Now I wouldn't over pay in the first place as I like to think I have a decent idea of what games are worth but I'd never break up a fully working pinball machine to make up for my f*ck up....but then I love pinball :)

Best bet would be to try and find a buyer on a basketball forum. I know someone who has a big collection of arcade machines and is a huge basketball fan. But there's no way he'd pay you anywhere near £3k.

well easy for you to say if you aren't out of pocket :)

Cheers,
Neil.

well easy for you to say if you aren't out of pocket :)

Very true but then if you don't do your research you run the risk of getting bitten so no sympathy from me I'm afraid :tut: This is a pinball forum so my advice is eat the loss rather than break the game. If this was a forum about re-couping money on investments then I might have a different view :)

Checked uk eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172592231827

To be honest if the seller was paying 10% fees as well he must have thought why bother when the game has good boards worth more than the whole game!
That is what the market valued that game at - the one in this thread looks a lot nicer but I can't see anyone paying much more on this forum - maybe £1250 if real nice.

Ebay.

Well, you never know, only need one buyer so that seems best route.

I can't see a game being worth 2k in spares - if this was the case, would there be any sub £2k B/W games?

So on this forum no but I think its all about how you sell it and when, clearly if you want a quick sale then you will lose out. You pays your money and takes your choices. When you look at the price of an empty cab, Play field mechs, power supply, etc the boards, flipper mechs, coils etc. I think you could squeeze close to 2K - a load of agro but I think doable just.

Anyway OP GLWS!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom