What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade My LOTR (+Cash) for your TWD?

There's a Roadshow for sale from a trusted member for 1700. It's a great pin loads of bang for your buck, little bit of cosmetic peal at cab bit nothing wood glue and tight straps wouldn't fix, I'd go that way and have change for number 2...

second on that. Fab game and always one that will sell on....money left over to boot....

Yeah I have seen that. Don't think Road Show is the one for me. Theme is pretty important to my choice and Road Show doesn't appeal. Have to say though I have never played it

Yeah I have seen that. Don't think Road Show is the one for me. Theme is pretty important to my choice and Road Show doesn't appeal. Have to say though I have never played it
Download the app, it's on there and it's one of the better ones. However, the actual game when standing in front of you is quite imposing. The heads on the playfield are larger than you would think! Wide body as well so a lot of bang for buck. Horses for courses every time.people rave about bride of pinbot, me, I just don't get it...haven't played modern ones like TWD or GB so can't comment, but they are highly rated on here, so has to be something in the game worth trying!

Games like Getaway and World Cup Soccer are great, but they don't have the complex rulesets that games like LOTR, TSPP and TWD have, if I only had room for a few, it would have to be the Sterns, the old Williams are a blast but I just don't play them as much.

Agree the build quality is superior on the older games, but the new games play better (off to get my flame suit now ;))

oops, another thread hijack, sorry Andre

My first 4 games were all under £1500,
the most important thing is to buy from good people on here, well maintained is the most important thing :)

To defend the honour of the older late 70s early 80s classics I'd just like to point out that £1,500 would just about by my entire pinball collection 3 times over.

Of course it depends what you like? If simple single-level games without modes or mini-games bake your biscuit then the solid-state classics are for you. If a bunch of faded battered old cabinets requiring constant maintenance and attention are not your thing then maybe best to stick with something more modern;)

You want to know how good Roadshow is ? It was the last of my Bally/Williams DMD games to leave. Addams, Twilight Zone and Whitewater all went before it.

Roadshow is a great pin, I had a lend of one for a few months, I didn't play anything else. Its a great pin to just bash the ball around but also pretty deep once you start learning what to do to increase your scores for each city etc..

I would get one in a heartbeat if I had room. I was ****ed when Cryptkeeper sold his, mean I don't get to play it anymore.:(

i think with the LOTR being non skill-post then a swap would seen very fair price wise.

I enjoy games of all ages but accept if you have little space a Stern or a WPC would be best bet. DEast are poor stand alone games but great in a collection.

As for reliability , I was worried about Barracora at NLP but apart from a top lane that stuck down with an hour or so to go , she didn't miss a beat all weekend.

Games pre 1986 are probably more for the "hardcore" LOL but there are pinfans who still only like EM or early SS games

Ahh... the BARRACORA was yours @steve brum! Was my favourite game at NLP this year. Knew of it but never seen it or played it so it was a real treat. Love the sound. Very distinctive and really cut through all the general noise without splitting your eardrums. Was in lovely (original?) condition and played real smooth. Would love one in my collection one day but I suspect rather rare?

Now that I'm about to take delivery of my 4th 70s/80s Bally classic I suppose a Williams would look really out of place. And it would have to go outside as Nedreud's Pinshack is officially FULL!

definitely in players condition as previous owner has bullet proofed the pcbs and flppers. cosmetically it could be better. most backglasses on these fall apart. problem is if you go down the full resto will new this and that it no longer has the charm. maybe some drop target decals would be order as they look a bit plain plus some replacements for the damaged caps but that's it

unusually the game rules were done by Roger Sharp and Steve Epstein so have a players perspective rather than designer. Love the Williams 80s sounds of course!

definitely in players condition as previous owner has bullet proofed the pcbs and flppers. cosmetically it could be better. most backglasses on these fall apart. problem is if you go down the full resto will new this and that it no longer has the charm. maybe some drop target decals would be order as they look a bit plain plus some replacements for the damaged caps but that's it
Agree. If it's in nice condition a full resto could ruin the original patina. Only if it's utterly f****d like my machines should you mess with everything!

Ahh... the BARRACORA was yours @steve brum! Was my favourite game at NLP this year. Knew of it but never seen it or played it so it was a real treat. Love the sound. Very distinctive and really cut through all the general noise without splitting your eardrums. Was in lovely (original?) condition and played real smooth. Would love one in my collection one day but I suspect rather rare?

Now that I'm about to take delivery of my 4th 70s/80s Bally classic I suppose a Williams would look really out of place. And it would have to go outside as Nedreud's Pinshack is officially FULL!

I nearly bought one recently. Cool game.

There's a Roadshow for sale from a trusted member for 1700. It's a great pin loads of bang for your buck, little bit of cosmetic peal at cab bit nothing wood glue and tight straps wouldn't fix, I'd go that way and have change for number 2...

Is this the machine I bought at NLP ? Very happy with it [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom