What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade My LOTR (+Cash) for your TWD?

Onze

Getting high on Novus fumes.
I fancy trading my LOTR for a The Walking Dead machine.

My LOTR is a non skill post version in pretty good condition.

It's been at a few shows this year such as NLP, NERG and 8-bit flip and is generally well received and admired.

Give me a shout if this deal takes your fancy and we can sort out the finer details.

Failing a trade I may be tempted to sell if someone throws me a very good offer.

Last edited:
Was very honored to be able to look after this for a while, so I can comfortably vouch for both the quality of the pin and the seller too. LOTR without skill posts are hard to find too, so seems like a very fair trade to me. :thumbs:

Not it's not.

It's the best game ever made.

:rofl:
guboards.spokesmanreview.com_images_smilies_vomit_smiley_007.gif

Any TWD will do now. I've got some money to throw in for a Premium edition.

What does "non skill post" mean? N00b over here...

There used to a be a law to do with gambling in the UK that defined Pinball essentially as a game of chance still, rather than a game of skill. So up until mid 2003 (I think, someone can probably correct me here) games entering the UK had a skill post system which was basically pop up posts that went up on the outlanes and on the centre drain which could be activated by additional buttons on the game usually above the flipper buttons. Skill post games look like this:

www.pinballnews.com_learn_DSCF0031.jpg

So the 3 games that came out in 2003, (TSPP, LOTR and T3) you generally find that there are games with and without them, as the law was changed that year and they were no longer required. Any game 2002 and and earlier will all have skill posts fitted unless you import a US one (or perhaps an EU one?). Generally it is a bonus to have a non skill-post game as they had to cut holes in the playfield to get the posts in, so you have a cleaner playfield. I had a T3 with them on and it never bothered me because they were turned off (an option you can set) and I now have a LOTR without them.

Still on the lookout for a Walking Dead Pro or Premium with cash going your way after a trade with my LOTR.

My LOTR is a non skill post version which was at the NLP show this weekend which played without a single issue.

Give me a message if you're interested?

Failing that I've got the cash for your Walking Dead and I'll just sell my LOTR.

Reactions: ski
Out of interest. How much is a LOTR worth? I know it's out of my budget but maybe something to aim for over the next few months

Crikey I'm actually kinda close to that. Might sit tight on my first pin purchase and get something more modern than planned

LOTR is a great game.
£2.5k+ will still get you a lot of good games. There are only a few up in the 4k+ range and for your first game I'd recommend that you don't go crazy and break the bank. Buy one check that you enjoy it as much as you think you will. Play it to death. Sell in on and add a bit to the money you get and upgrade. Better still buy 2 x 1.5k games instead.

LOTR is a great game.
£2.5k+ will still get you a lot of good games. There are only a few up in the 4k+ range and for your first game I'd recommend that you don't go crazy and break the bank. Buy one check that you enjoy it as much as you think you will. Play it to death. Sell in on and add a bit to the money you get and upgrade. Better still buy 2 x 1.5k games instead.

It's funny man I've been toying with what to do for the best for a few weeks now. I have £3k set aside. I considered 2 cheaper pins, one pricier one, saving a bit more and going all out. I thought I had my heart set on one or two only to think I'd like to go bigger. I'll figure it out eventually. Sorry for the thread derail btw!

Better still buy 2 x 1.5k games instead.
amen to this.
your 3K could get you a World Cup Soccer 94 *AND* a Flintstones.
or a South Park *AND* a Goldeneye
or a Lethal Weapon 3 *AND* a Bram Stoker's Dracula
or a Frankenstein *AND* a Jackbot
etc etc etc

i always think it's nuts when people buy a NIB game as their first venture into pinball ownership, unless money is no object. Three grand is heaps, there's still ****loads of great games at a grand to 1500, so if you have the space for two games, why not? the variety will pay off, it means you can learn more, two can play at once, etc etc etc. get a 3K game like LOTR or SS or TSPP later, they aren't gonna all dry up.

amen to this.
your 3K could get you a World Cup Soccer 94 *AND* a Flintstones.
or a South Park *AND* a Goldeneye
or a Lethal Weapon 3 *AND* a Bram Stoker's Dracula
or a Frankenstein *AND* a Jackbot
etc etc etc

i always think it's nuts when people buy a NIB game as their first venture into pinball ownership, unless money is no object. Three grand is heaps, there's still ****loads of great games at a grand to 1500, so if you have the space for two games, why not? the variety will pay off, it means you can learn more, two can play at once, etc etc etc. get a 3K game like LOTR or SS or TSPP later, they aren't gonna all dry up.

Yeah I've been kind of conflicted about which route to take. I do just about have room for two but at the same time I really like some of the modern licences (LOTR, Walking Dead, Ghostbusters, Spiderman, Sopranos etc). The thing that is putting me off older machines slightly is I assume I have a far higher chance of having things go wrong with a machines that is 20 or more years old with older tech etc and more hours on the clock. I think I might just see what comes up in the coming weeks and months. Appreciate all tips and advice though. I come from a retro gaming background but pinball specifically is all new territory for me (other than playing in arcades as a kid) and so am well out of my depth

There's a Roadshow for sale from a trusted member for 1700. It's a great pin loads of bang for your buck, little bit of cosmetic peal at cab bit nothing wood glue and tight straps wouldn't fix, I'd go that way and have change for number 2...

Download the pinball arcade app. Give you a good feel for some of the older stuff. 4k will get you a lot of pin / pins or even one of the classics like Adams Family, Twilight Zone, Monster Bash...(maybe.)you will always sell them on....new machines will break in time just like the old ones....

To be honest. Yes the older games do have problems every now and then. But usually it's just a wire that's come off a switch or solenoid, screws that have wound themselves out other niggles. Alot of good sellers on here that have kept their games on top condition. Once you have the right tools for the job and good solder it's usually pretty simple to fix.
I'd imagine it wouldn't take that many years for even a relatively new stern to have similar issues.
Personally I'd go for bally/williams games as the build quality just seems superior to de games.

Back
Top Bottom