What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moon Landing Parties

Was in the states last week and went to Kennedy, Dawn and my kids didn't want to go.

Me: "But there's a real shuttle there we can see"
Them: "yeah, but you made us stand bored in a field for hours to wait to watch one launch, so we've seen it"

So, I took my daughter's boyfriend and had a great day. It is the first time I've been in a while and the shuttle exhibit reveal is absolutely stunning, brought tears to my eyes - the way that has been done is one of the best pieces of staging I have ever seen.

Shame I couldn't stay for the celebrations as chatting to people over there they are going to be something special. We managed to get a sneak preview of the commemorative part in the Saturn 5 building with the lander and a tour of the pads, though 39A is now SpaceX so Kennedy doesn't have close-up access

Sending humans to the moon, and then getting them back in one piece... 50 years ago (in 7 days)... is completely different. And suspiciously why we have NEVER done it since. Just smells to me.

Personal incredulity does not in any way negate the mountains of evidence confirming that it really happened.

'I don't understand how they did it, therefore it must have been faked'

Yes very sad but at 95 he had an epic life!

RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom