What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moon Landing Parties

It still seems mind-boggling to me they attempted, and succeeded, in getting to the moon and back. There were so many opportunities for it all to go wrong.
The one that wrecks my head is getting back a partially-exploded craft back.

There's planning to utterly extremes, using all of your resources to their maximum and bringing your A-game... and then there was Apollo

The one that wrecks my head is getting back a partially-exploded craft back.

There's planning to utterly extremes, using all of your resources to their maximum and bringing your A-game... and then there was Apollo

Indeed. Freddo and Jim are great folks too :D

Well i think that they never went there and it was all an elaborate hoax.
And my favourite response to all of that, is to mention that it was easier to go there than it was to fake all of the collateral we have from it! And that's just the evidence, never mind the human element...!

Well i think that they never went there and it was all an elaborate hoax.
Seriously.... It would be easier to actually land on the moon than pull off a hoax of that magnitude [emoji23][emoji23]

Apollo 11, 12, 13 (aborted) , 14, 15, 16, 17..... all a hoax. Yeaaaaaah right.

The theories are bobbins and have been comprehensively debunked many times.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

On Discovery Science now :

Truth Behind the Moon Landing
Ha ha, I love the synopsis - "NASA Nazi Conspiracy. Experts investigate if there was a conspiracy to fake the moon landings. Does a secret report suggest the Nazis were involved in the Apollo space programme". They get blamed for everything those guys.

Seriously.... It would be easier to actually land on the moon than pull off a hoax of that magnitude [emoji23][emoji23]

Apollo 11, 12, 13 (aborted) , 14, 15, 16, 17..... all a hoax. Yeaaaaaah right.

The theories are bobbins and have been comprehensively debunked many times.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Firing something off and setting a course is one thing.

Sending humans to the moon, and then getting them back in one piece... 50 years ago (in 7 days)... is completely different. And suspiciously why we have NEVER done it since. Just smells to me.

One of my favorite videos just because it's nicely structured, it tickles my nerd gland with his shared practical experiences with filmstock, and of course it's piledriving the whole silly idea down into the ground with just *one* part of it alone...

His Vengeance 3 became the Apollo rocket iirc.

His Vengeance 3 became the Apollo rocket iirc.

not really.

What Von Braun brought to Apollo was confidence, the US had most of the technology well in plan. He convinced Kennedy it could be done and got the money but very little technology traces back to the nazi design. He had wanted to go to the moon for many many years. In actual fact his original design would have had the Saturn V land on the moon rather than the lunar orbit rendezvous that was used.

The electronics and guidance systems needed were super beyond anything anyone in the world had. Its why the US had a advantage in building IC's for so long and why our pinball machines go beep rather than chime!

There's also the whole... you know... Russia bit. You know, the whole cold war thing?

For the moon landings to be fake, you also require that the USA, and the Soviet Union were actually secret enough best-buddies that they felt the need to fake a giant space race. For some reason. And to both be happy with the USA winning the fake 'race'.

Otherwise the first people to call bull**** would have been Russia, surely not?

Well... they didn't. Because they knew it happened. They were kind of trying for the same thing, and had the radios tuned in, the cameras on and the telescopes all pointed in the right direction, and therefore saw themselves losing this little cold war race.

An alliance between America and the Soviet Union to support the hoax?!?
It definitely is easier to go to the moon than achieve that...

not really.

What Von Braun brought to Apollo was confidence, the US had most of the technology well in plan. He convinced Kennedy it could be done and got the money but very little technology traces back to the nazi design. He had wanted to go to the moon for many many years. In actual fact his original design would have had the Saturn V land on the moon rather than the lunar orbit rendezvous that was used.

The electronics and guidance systems needed were super beyond anything anyone in the world had. Its why the US had a advantage in building IC's for so long and why our pinball machines go beep rather than chime!

My bad Saturn V, not Apollo. It's been a while.

Back
Top Bottom