What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mirrored TZ Backglass !

So technical kwestion: The mirrored parts: Can you shine a back light through them or not? I m specifically referring to the mirrored parts?

Guys, check the quality before you get too carried away.

Not all CPR backglasses have been well received by buyers.

I want to believe, this could be a great product, but having imported a CPR mirrored Fathom backglass myself - I would need convincing before I bought a TZ one.

Last edited:
@Durzel

I think that you really need to see stuff like this with your own eyes. Repro artwork is never as good as the original in my experience. Quality varies enormously. It is almost random

CPR repro fathom plastics are not as quite as finely detailed as the originals, but IMHO, they are a good quality replacement as I can't see the differences when actually playing the game.

The CPR fathom playfield is great. My old playfield was so shagged that I have no idea what an original Fathom playfield actually looks like anyway.

The CPR fathom backglass is crap. Better than nothing though. I understand that CPR used a squeegee that was too narrow when the backglass was made. So two passes had to be made for each colour. This left a visible line down the thing. The art is much lower resolution too, and the colours are wrong

The pinball pimp fathom stencils are excellent

I have a CPR taxi back glass. The mirroring isn’t great and the art has an almost “soft focus” appearance to it. Like DRD says, better than nothing.
I’m lead to believe that the latest mirrored glasses are far superior to those earlier ones, so I’m sure they will be fine.

Hmmmmm...

CPR website talks about the TZ backglass being "Printed at a resolution 3X to 4X higher than original". I don't know how that is possible when they also say "art converted from the translite". Isn't it a bit like saying you've upscaled a VHS to Bluray?

The videos do make the mirroring aspect of them look lovely though.

Short of hopping on a plane to America I'm not sure how I would be able to see these with my own eyes though @DRD :)

@philpalmer Im considering buying the Banzai Run playfield, backglass and plastic set. Would your offer of splitting the shipping extend to that haul or is it strictly glasses?
Cheers mate

Hang on, are these the same or different backglasses to the mirrored ones CPR are selling?

I have had major problems dealing with Ministry of Pinball. Get stuff from Phil if you can.

oh right, no, just the regular one. I got 5 of each TAF and TZ so need to work out how many spare..... but probably at couple of each at this stage.

Out of curiousity roughly what would a standard TAF or TZ translite be worth, in excellent condition? Just trying to do some man maths :)

These work out at £275 inc VAT delivered to me, there are a few of each left if anyone else wants to reserve one.

Worked out as follows $269 / 1.29 = £208.52 plus VAT = £250.32 add £25 contribution to getting it here = £275

I'm not posting them, they can be collected from ME/CHRIS B/TILT/PINFEST

Phil

Definitely tempting, just sucks that I'm in the South West - when it comes to events and deliveries (e.g. Martin) I always seem to have issues. :(

Definitely tempting, just sucks that I'm in the South West - when it comes to events and deliveries (e.g. Martin) I always seem to have issues. :(

You're close to me, so not really an issue if i get one ;)

Back
Top Bottom