What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jurassic Park Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Yes I though it was just me! And @Neil McRae saying no such thing as clunky you just a ****e player!
My new descriptive word for this Elwin nonesense from now on is Brick.
Same **** with IMDN on combos through the pops!
In the meantime if anyone would like to stream this game and do 10 shots in a row to show us how to hit it more than 30% of the time (if I’m lucky) please do as us ****e players need to be proven wrong.

But I do agree very nice mod worthy of the cost whatever it is.
I've already posted on YouTube - WWJPinball. Not sure I made 10shots perfectly in a row, bit got to Museum Mayhem without issue.

What is your high score on Jurassic Park Col?

Here's a short showing the Ray Charles's among us where the shots are

Wow, your girlfriend is really good after all! :D .

JP is definitely a great game but virtually every shot is tight, if you aren't acurate it's hard to find the fun in it.

I disagree about Elwyn's other games though, love IMDN, I don't have any trouble with the shots on that ( compared to JP ). Absolutely love AIQ too.

Wow, your girlfriend is really good after all! :D .

JP is definitely a great game but virtually every shot is tight, if you aren't acurate it's hard to find the fun in it.

I disagree about Elwyn's other games though, love IMDN, I don't have any trouble with the shots on that ( compared to JP ). Absolutely love AIQ too.

She's a savage Kev!

I think Jurassic Park is harder but if you're dialed in on that game you start hitting combos left right and centre. The code is so meticulously well put together and it rewards you heavily for shooting straight. Horses for courses of course. I don't know why but I've blown up J-park way more than I did Iron Maiden, possibly because I've played more pinball and just really enjoy this one. I badly want to play AIQ

Holy **** that is either Elwin himself or some super human combo machine.
However 2 things that has me wondering.
1. Why is it just a combo clip I can do that with any of my games I can just keep the video rolling till I get one.

2. I’m not ray charles but at the same time admittedly I’m not The best of players! But! At the same time I’m not not a **** player either once I’m dialled into a game.

Here’s a challenge for you and be honest Show me one of your full streams of the game or at the very least just one full game from pressing the start button and please the 1st game after you read this not 26 of them till you get something decent.

I alway say everyone to their own and my tastes are quite weird and sometimes downright easy pins.
However I’m one of those few that know if I will like a game in the 1st few plays and there’s too many to list here of the ones that go as soon as they arrive like BM66, IMDN and now JP.
Some may say keep playing you will grow to love it the same way my wife says keep eating Olives, celery and cucumbers you will grow to like them.

I played a DP pro loved it bought the LE
I bought a GOTG pro loved it bought an LE
I bought a TMNT pro loved it Bought an LE

To answer your question m8 I have had around maybe 2 Doz games and hate it.
This doesn’t mean it’s a **** pin and in fact it’s getting rated as the best pin ever made including its predecessor IMDN.
It will go down in history this way and command crazy money I expect but it’s just not for me.

Hope I’m not coming across as being an **** or argumentative as it’s far from the truth theses not bad pins at all.
Just pins you love or hate on a personal basis hence one mans meat and al that.
Glad to see you loving it m8 honest I mean that.

Why is the ball so slow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Holy **** that is either Elwin himself or some super human combo machine.
However 2 things that has me wondering.
1. Why is it just a combo clip I can do that with any of my games I can just keep the video rolling till I get one.

2. I’m not ray charles but at the same time admittedly I’m not The best of players! But! At the same time I’m not not a **** player either once I’m dialled into a game.

Here’s a challenge for you and be honest Show me one of your full streams of the game or at the very least just one full game from pressing the start button and please the 1st game after you read this not 26 of them till you get something decent.

I alway say everyone to their own and my tastes are quite weird and sometimes downright easy pins.
However I’m one of those few that know if I will like a game in the 1st few plays and there’s too many to list here of the ones that go as soon as they arrive like BM66, IMDN and now JP.
Some may say keep playing you will grow to love it the same way my wife says keep eating Olives, celery and cucumbers you will grow to like them.

I played a DP pro loved it bought the LE
I bought a GOTG pro loved it bought an LE
I bought a TMNT pro loved it Bought an LE

To answer your question m8 I have had around maybe 2 Doz games and hate it.
This doesn’t mean it’s a **** pin and in fact it’s getting rated as the best pin ever made including its predecessor IMDN.
It will go down in history this way and command crazy money I expect but it’s just not for me.

Hope I’m not coming across as being an **** or argumentative as it’s far from the truth theses not bad pins at all.
Just pins you love or hate on a personal basis hence one mans meat and al that.
Glad to see you loving it m8 honest I mean that.

You're fine Col I like a healthy discussion! I promise I'll do a stream at some point soon and try and string some good games together under pressure!

In the meantime if you skip to 13 minutes of this, this was the last time I live streamed this game and made the visitors centre, so not too bad

It was 100% at the correct pitch. Maybe clean your lenses?

Correct pitch by the bubble or correct pitch using an app or digital level?
The reason I ask is those bubbles are pointless, they are never set to the recommended pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reason I ask is those bubbles are pointless, they are never set to the recommended pitch.

This always makes me laugh when people start talking about pitch.
If you own the game you can have it horizontal if you like. Although it would be a struggle to play.
What is the correct pitch for JP2? 6.5, 6.8, 7.0, 7.2. I've heard and read allsorts of numbers. I say set it how you like to play it.
I've had one for over a year and it's by far the best game I've owned. Which isn't many.
Yes Col it's hard. I'm below an average player at best, but it has me coming back for more.
Of the new games I've played TMNT is by far the worst. But that may be how it is set up in our local gaming club.
Each to their own, but I love it.
Btw, I couldn't hit 10 shots on the trot on any game. But I've had the 6 combo fossil on this game and hitting the super secret skill shot, when you hit the O shot makes me squeal like a child 😁

Using a digital level. I'm not sure I've used the bubble thing ever

Wind the legs out until they don’t go any higher.

But I was just pulling huggers leg :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What are you set at @huggers

I can't exactly remember tbh mate, that video was on my old one, pretty sure I had it at 6.7 as I'd read somewhere that was about right. It played like a dream at that angle. My new one I've only had like 5 games on so far and just left the legs as the previous owner had had them until I get a chance to sort it. Plays nice as is though tbh so must be there or there abouts. What you got yours at?

I can't exactly remember tbh mate, that video was on my old one, pretty sure I had it at 6.7 as I'd read somewhere that was about right. It played like a dream at that angle. My new one I've only had like 5 games on so far and just left the legs as the previous owner had had them until I get a chance to sort it. Plays nice as is though tbh so must be there or there abouts. What you got yours at?
Have to check in the morning. I know top of the bubble is on the upper line, but can’t remember what the digital reading is.
it was more about what made the tower shot feel right for me.

I just found this old footage and it's made me appreciate how much I miss this game.

Worryingly I appear to have got worse at playing pinball 😂.

I just found this old footage and it's made me appreciate how much I miss this game.

Worryingly I appear to have got worse at playing pinball 😂.

Just started watching and you go straight in with a rather nice flowy combo, superb. It's almost as if, if you shoot well, the game rewards you! Also I don't want to hear any more of this "I'm no good at pinball" on that podcast mate, in golf we call you guys bandits.

My post rubbers show I brick a lot but isn’t that what makes it so satisfying when you put shots together. If you can constantly make shots on a machine doesn’t it get boring? I dunno maybe not, I do find more forgiving games fun too and I guess world class players must still have fun. It’s so interesting how subjective games can be, I find JP very hard but I still enjoy it… until I get frustrated and hate it 😆 I can see myself wanting one back once I sell it if my skills improve over a few years. If I had more room I think it’d be a keeper

I don't want to be the 'BOLTED TO THE FLOOR' guy but I think mine might be bolted to the floor*.

*Subject to change

A principled man taking a firm and permanent stance 😉

In all seriousness it really is a fantastic game and I'd certainly look to get one back at some point. Also not having a game with a third flipper has made me appreciate it more.

Yeah I like an extra flipper or two myself. It feels like more of the playfield is used and interacted with. Not only that the simplicity of hitting an orbit and not being able to resist flipping that third flipper as it comes past is real!

Yeah I like an extra flipper or two myself. It feels like more of the playfield is used and interacted with. Not only that the simplicity of hitting an orbit and not being able to resist flipping that third flipper as it comes past is real!

Iron Maiden has 2 extra flippers [emoji6] you can loop both sides, or orbit both sides too [emoji6][emoji2939][emoji2939]

Iron Maiden has 2 extra flippers [emoji6] you can loop both sides, or orbit both sides too [emoji6][emoji2939][emoji2939]

Yeah I loved having that game. My first NIB. The layout is amazing. I just cannot abide people getting over excited about GOTG or whatever. It's a good game but totally vanilla/copy and paste. The layout of Maiden absolutely destroys it in terms of shootability™️

Mate, if they re did the title, artwork and the sound I'd be all over it. As things stand the shrieking T-Rex is more tuneful.

JP2 is a fabulous game!
But I would still rather play FG, Fathom or Dolly Parton................😎👊🏼

THIS x100

And I mean that genuinely. I played nothing but JP2 for around 2 months and it's truly a fantastic game. But, by the end of its stay with me, I had basically seen everything that the game had to offer, there were little mini goals along the way that I could have played for, that I'm sure if I had it longer in my collection I would have enjoyed achieving, but the fact that JP2 has a hard ending (it quite literally ends the game and rolls credits) almost makes me feel like, well it's done now.

Flash Gordon has never made me feel like that. Yes I've seen everything the game has to offer, but I always feel like I can score more, I've never clocked it, my best is just shy of 8 million and it keeps me coming back for more.

Yes I could have scored more on JP2, but the desire to do this seemed to wane because of that hard ending. Either way they are both incredible games in there own right and if money and space were no object they would both be in the collection

Back
Top Bottom