What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jurassic Park Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
I’m hooked too, past couple of months I’ve got Metallica, Lord Of The Rings & recently Jurassic Park - loving them all!
25de9450da2d67b90c8305455c91b9aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watching a stream of this right now with the custom code. WOW! Video, voices and music from the movie. It’s been done really well. Makes me want to buy it just for that alone!

Watching a stream of this right now with the custom code. WOW! Video, voices and music from the movie. It’s been done really well. Makes me want to buy it just for that alone!

Yeah I am seriously considering sorting this out, apparently you can interchange SD cards with the stock code. The new video and sound package is so well done, absolute game changer.

Last edited:
It's easy @huggers
You won't be able to see the videos when you are playing though, if you are as bad as me, eyes fixed firmly around the flipper area 😄

It's easy @huggers
You won't be able to see the videos when you are playing though, if you are as bad as me, eyes fixed firmly around the flipper area 😄

Have you had any issues with crashes? Are you on his most up to date code? Can I swap cards between the stock code and this code without any issues? Did you have to write an image to an SD card using a program? Sorry for all the questions!

I've had most of the versions running as they have been released over many months. Most game changing mod I've seen, especially now video added. Crashed during T-rex multiball once on earlier code, but most recent iterations have been totally stable. Can't imagine ever going back

Where can you download the custom code from that you are talking about please?

I'm on a Pro, running the latest code with full video and audio. No crashes as of yet, but probably had only 20 games on it so far.
I've been using the audio code until Tim released the video code and never had an issue.
I personally write to a micro SD and run it in the card adaptor. No issues, swap about as required.
Make sure you use the writing tool that Tim suggests and don't use Etcher.
You can get the code from Tim on pinside, as he no longer posts his code publicly, due to PB rules

WTF do you do with the smart missile ?

I always smack the button 3 times. Gives you Raptor multiball or extra ball. All you have to do then is hit the target at the back. Easy.

If it’s anything like the Data east JP, the smart missile awards any lit feature on the playfield at the time it’s pressed

Stuck the updated movie/sounds code on a memory card and tried it out. It's a brilliant upgrade. I didn't dislike the stock version tbh but it's hard to argue that this isn't better.

Stuck the updated movie/sounds code on a memory card and tried it out. It's a brilliant upgrade. I didn't dislike the stock version tbh but it's hard to argue that this isn't better.

I thought it was the worst part of the game and possibly the only thing to find fault with. The whole dialogue abut Nedry was tedious.

If they've sorted that out then you'd have to say that it's a near perfect game .

Incidentally I was quite impressed with Andy's chopper. 😬

I thought it was the worst part of the game and possibly the only thing to find fault with. The whole dialogue abut Nedry was tedious.

If they've sorted that out then you'd have to say that it's a near perfect game .

Incidentally I was quite impressed with Andy's chopper. 😬

It's funny mate, I'm a Jurassic Park GEEK and when I bought the pin I was preparing to dislike the call outs etc. Weirdly it never really bothered me, thought they were kinda okay and they had the theme tune! But yes, this is a worthwhile upgrade for sure and super easy to do. It's 100% my favourite pinball machine that I've played.

It's funny mate, I'm a Jurassic Park GEEK and when I bought the pin I was preparing to dislike the call outs etc. Weirdly it never really bothered me, thought they were kinda okay and they had the theme tune! But yes, this is a worthwhile upgrade for sure and super easy to do. It's 100% my favourite pinball machine that I've played.

It's not horrendous mate, the call-out is okay but it just repeats every time the first paddock is unlocked with very little variation.

Obviously the T-Rex meowing never gets tiresome.

It's not horrendous mate, the call-out is okay but it just repeats every time the first paddock is unlocked with very little variation.

Obviously the T-Rex meowing never gets tiresome.

Yeah that's true, bit repetitive. The bloke doing the fake Aussie accent cracks me up. Also, the call out for System Booooooot is ridiculous/awesome

Yeah that's true, bit repetitive. The bloke doing the fake Aussie accent cracks me up. Also, the call out for System Booooooot is ridiculous/awesome

I thought he was trying to do an Afrikaans accent 😂 It's a shocker

The smart missile is lit in different ways, completing modes, rescuing so many employers etc. When it starts use the action button to choose your reward and then nail that tight shot past the truck into the target at the back of the pops.
The smart missile (and super spinner) is only lit by making rescues.
Default is every 5 rescues, but can be reduced by 1 by capturing the Ankylosaurus. (2nd dino on the right)

If the truck is facing left, the left inlane will be lit to trigger the up post and you choose which reward you want for hitting the amber target (not all are always available based on game state). Don't be afraid to abort (6th choice) and wait until you're ready to choose again.
Once you've aborted you need to hit the truck again (and return it to facing left if need be).
If in a paddock with a dangerous dino I'll always take Clear Paddock (2nd award). If not in a paddock I normally skip straight to 4th choice to see whether Extra Ball is lit, if not got to 5th choice to take Invalid Frenzy, if that's not lit I'll abort.
I'll almost always abort during a multiball.

If the truck is facing right, the right inlane will be lit to start super spinner.

Completing a paddock from the smart missile awards all outstanding rescues, so that may be why it looks like completing a paddock lights the smart missile.

Default is every 5 rescues, but can be reduced by 1 by capturing the Ankylosaurus. (2nd dino on the right)

If the truck is facing left, the left inlane will be lit to trigger the up post and you choose which reward you want for hitting the amber target (not all are always available based on game state). Don't be afraid to abort (6th choice) and wait until you're ready to choose again.
Once you've aborted you need to hit the truck again (and return it to facing left if need be).
If in a paddock with a dangerous dino I'll always take Clear Paddock (2nd award). If not in a paddock I normally skip straight to 4th choice to see whether Extra Ball is lit, if not got to 5th choice to take Invalid Frenzy, if that's not lit I'll abort.

If the truck is facing right, the right inlane will be lit to start super spinner.

Completing a paddock from the smart missile awards all outstanding rescues, so that may be why it looks like completing a paddock lights the smart missile.

Cheers geezer that's super useful. The code on this game is so layered it's crazy

I think this is one of the reasons why I don't get high scores. I feel I'm OK at making shots but don't strategise enough as I don't know or remember about all these little intricacies in the rules. Great advice though.

I think this is one of the reasons why I don't get high scores. I feel I'm OK at making shots but don't strategise enough as I don't know or remember about all these little intricacies in the rules. Great advice though.

Yeah same here. Nothing to do with the fact I can't hit a barn door 😂

I only found out this week the Smart Missile award can be changed by pressing the lockdown button! I have finally managed to beat the GC default score so progress is being made :).

Last edited:
I only found out this week the Smart Missile award can be changed by pressing the lockdown button! I have finally managed to beat the GC default score so progress is being made :).

Me too! Just shy of the GC score but almost there.

60 games or so in and still not managed to il the smart missile shot.

I’m so crap at pinball lol

Love the fact it keeps making me come back for more though.

60 games or so in and still not managed to il the smart missile shot.

I’m so crap at pinball lol

Love the fact it keeps making me come back for more though.

It’s a very tight shot to be fair, I hit about 1 in 30.

Back
Top Bottom