What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Jokerz!

Thanks @James I appreciate your comments!

@replicas do you mean the paper wrapper around the coils? I was thinking of changing all of the wraps at the end as quite a lot of the coils look a bit scummy now that the brackers and mechs are all polished up

More progress today! Warm white playfield GI LEDs put in as well as the new rubbers and of course I ordered plenty of wrong ones and had to make do with what i had, will order more soon.
A389E506-50A0-4240-8072-7EF616527EA4.jpeg

The LEDs are glaring badly in the picture but look nice in person, need to order some smaller LEDs for the jet bumpers as the style i ordered are too big to fit under the caps, happens every time but i never remember!
1C39E4E3-70BD-4A89-9133-07460B652797.jpeg

Flipper mechs back in, chuffed with these (yes i will change all the coil wrappers)
34E920D4-4912-4100-ACE7-5185576361E2.jpeg

My box of bits arrived today as well with a gorgeous clear top ramp that will make a massive difference (thanks @Mooseman)
C41F6B31-6B70-4AC0-9B20-B256B5D36316.jpeg

F1627BE1-08E3-4E86-8192-A2C1D6DE82E4.jpeg

I’m still looking for slingshot plastics (especially the left hand side) so if anyone has any spare or would be able to make some for me i would really appreciate it!

Hello,

Re. the flipper assemblies; I'm afraid that the modern-shape plastic link* doesn't agree with the older-type conical compression spring. The introduction of the new link (on one of the early Fliptronic games) was preceded by the change to the external return spring, on Hurricane. I never rated the external spring arrangement, or the new link, but using the conical spring on games with the new type link saw the spring broken soon afterwards

* which at first glance seemed to be fitted to the r/h flipper (see subsequent picture)

Last edited:
@Jay Walker the rebuild kit that I bought had the exact same links and springs that were already on the machine and were definitely original

The link on the left looks different than the one on the right. The one on the left looks correct. The right one doesn’t. If you bought the kit from me I can send you a correct plunger and link.

Hmmm. Your earlier photo shows both have pointy links. The installed picture appears to have a new link on the rhs. Did you change the right hand one out? Or perhaps it’s just the camera angle?

@pinballmania Yes Andy i bought the kit from you. The plungers/links are brand new on both sides so it must be the camera angle thats confusing everyone as they are identicle to the old ones i removed (minus the dirt)

I’m 95% sure this is correct. The links match the original ones, does this help at all?283DA8CD-FCFF-403A-BFDD-8DB9A47630A0.jpeg

I see what youre saying with it now, yeah the camera angle did make it look like a newer style link. Thanks though

Plastics all polished and added back to the playfield. I just need to populate the new top plastic ramp and then the topside of the playfield is mostly done. Will order LEDs for the inserts soon as well as some suitable sized ones for the jet bumper caps. What are your opinions so far? Considering how it started I’m very happy with how its coming along, its just a shame theres not a way to change the awful music!

I will have to admit i did rest the top ramp in place just so i could have a quick flip to test the game so far and all seems good. The only issue is the far right hand flasher isn’t working (i checked the lamp and connections - I must be out of luck as it wasnt that) so i will have to trace that back to the boards and see whats happening there.

6F12A7D1-94E3-4E6A-AEE8-6BD2C9A8116E.jpeg

BAFC42B8-41F6-412B-85EA-4320CC522CE1.jpeg

88637AD3-B9A0-4F00-807D-20A0E296F713.jpeg

Taken a bit of a break on this project, life tends to get in the way sometimes. However, more progress has been made this week and I'm starting to see the light at the end of this project.

So I took all of the light boards out cleaned them up, reflowed solder on the header pins as most of the lamps were very intermittent and swapped in some LEDs

B211F3A0-F693-4680-B917-A93F5C0B1BC8.jpeg

C62B0EF7-B0EF-4BD9-A63D-3008EFBDC41C.jpeg

Some before and after shots of the coil wrappers, definately looks a lot nicer with new ones!
AACB7366-4368-4CD5-B041-DE46D4894CB3.jpeg

B223BAE7-A73F-4848-BF03-E64FB453140D.jpeg

C8FB84B5-C3AC-4617-B92A-3C9B3FE34301.jpeg

C3E31DE1-F7FB-4727-AAF7-5642CB650FA5.jpeg

Made a start on swapping over parts to the new plastic ramp, this should make such a huge difference!
B9D5FEC5-B7F1-4D52-88B3-FF90EF631D92.jpeg

Last edited:
New ramp re-populated, need to put in an order for more LEDs as i totally forgot this ramp needed 11 when i put my last order in. Massive thank you to @Mooseman for sending me a box of goodies including the beautiful new clear ramp!

82DFA58F-89F3-4788-8CFD-FF733B0506B2.jpeg

84808533-483C-4660-8018-114CA04936C7.jpeg

It's been a while since I've updated this thread but I have been tweaking the machine a bit here and there. As of yet I still have 1 flasher that I need to address, I'm pretty sure it's the transistor but haven't tested yet. And then a little bit more work to be done in the cab/coin door. I've been surprised what a fun little game this actually is, gets quite competitive on the last ball with the "Double your Score" feature.

Anyway, finally got round to fixing the GI relay in the backbox and putting in warm white LEDs along with some insanely bright LED flashers. A massive improvement!

Before:

After:

Quite proud of the was she's turned out so far, when this game arrived it was an absolute dog but i'd like to think it's at a good standard now.

Top game mate, let down only by the fact that everyone seemed to be able to hit the 'double your score' except for me.

I once collected Double Your Score by plunging the final ball short of reaching the upper level - it rolled back over the right ramp switch, fell onto the flipper and I sent it up the left ramp. By accident, honestly

@stumblor it must of been pure luck on the day of our meetup and I only been able to pull off both those ramps once since ?

@Jay Walker I had noticed that you could plunge a bit short and hit the ramp switch, happened by accident for me too!

If ever you sell baggy first dibs.... lol
No worries I'll bear you in mind! I was supposed to be loaning it to an arcade but not sure now, will probably be easier to just sell it as I will need the space for my next project

Just out of curiosity can you pm me a rough price guide if you ever got rid?
Sold mine in 95 for £300...
Had to go when first child came along, she’s fled the nest now so daddy wants his toys back..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great restore! I just recently bought the same tumbler for my Earthshaker project pin, really looking forward to using now after seeing your results!

Back
Top Bottom