What's new

JJP Toy Story 4

I don't know much about it and base my assumptions on good business practice and people learning from their mistakes.
You only have to look at the history of pinball to realise that this is a hobby where more money than sense rings true.

Heighway, Dutch, Skit-B, Zidware, Deeproot, Jpop, Jpop, Jpop and around we go rinse and repeat.

JJP & Stern have both had their issues over the years with playfields, sales have only grown. Toy Story will be no different, just wait for the “my playfields f**ked” threads to pop up likely consisting of the same people who moaned about sh*t playfields time and time before.

I'm kinda with @Gonzo on this one. Sooner or later the reputation of both JJP and Mirco will catch up with them. I dunno whether it's going to be TS, or further down the line, but SURELY the negative press is going to have an effect.

Take for instance what results you get when you google 'Mirco playfields'

1655116478748.png

Fourth result - (one of) the main dumpster fire posts on pinside slagging off the quality. How can that possibly not be impacting his bottom line? People are still buying from him, yes, and still posting about the issues, yes (idiots).... but surely not to the same level they once were.

With all the insanely good games coming from Stern in particular, even if I like the look of a JJP game, I wouldn't risk it. I'd just wait for the next Elwin banger.

Rush is pretty crap. GB got a bad rep because it was designed with magnet slings and the angle of the sling send it straight out with the conventional sling mech. Premium played different.

I love the magnet slings. They are innovative and the weirdness of how they play matches the theme well.

It all boils down to Mirco doesn't it. Why JJP don't get shot of him is anyones guess.

I love the magnet slings. They are innovative and the weirdness of how they play matches the theme well.
I was told that if you cradle the ball it had the ability to suck it off the flipper and fire it back into play. (may be BS, I never had it happen).

It’s been stated that Mirco invested in JJP which is why they cannot get shot of him.

No idea of the accuracy of that info but it’s been stated by multiple sources.

Ah yes I remember now. It certainly makes more sense than any other explanation...

Rush isn’t crap IMO. It’s just that I’ve played it in a line-up of new Sterns at Funland and it suffers by comparison, i.e. it’s okay, but it’s not good enough given pinball collection is an inherently space- and money-limited hobby.

For sure. It's expectations set by hearing a lot of sh1t reviews.....Turtles & Led Zep were the same.

I approached the games with zero expectations and was pleasantly surprised.

I'm kinda with @Gonzo on this one. Sooner or later the reputation of both JJP and Mirco will catch up with them. I dunno whether it's going to be TS, or further down the line, but SURELY the negative press is going to have an effect.

Take for instance what results you get when you google 'Mirco playfields'

View attachment 172995

Fourth result - (one of) the main dumpster fire posts on pinside slagging off the quality. How can that possibly not be impacting his bottom line? People are still buying from him, yes, and still posting about the issues, yes (idiots).... but surely not to the same level they once were.

With all the insanely good games coming from Stern in particular, even if I like the look of a JJP game, I wouldn't risk it. I'd just wait for the next Elwin banger.

That's it Davey.

Despite all of Neil's prior knowledge his breaking point was quite late. Potc, Wonka Hobbit etc weren't quite enough to deter him from buying JJP despite his prior info.

G&R was his breaking point and enough was enough.

I suspect a bad experience with Toy Story will see JJP lose confidence with a further percentage of customers.

If they have any sense at all they'll address the issues or they lose more market share.

I hope they do and I'm looking forward to playing the game.

No idea if I'd buy one until I've played it and anyway...... I'm currently in love affair with MB & Cactus 🌵 💖

It’s been stated that Mirco invested in JJP which is why they cannot get shot of him.

No idea of the accuracy of that info but it’s been stated by multiple sources.
Internal industrial espionage.
Maybe on the Stern payroll…lol

Yeah, plenty on here still purchased them.

My point is that there must be a tipping point where customers do lose confidence.

Neil is pointing out problems dating back to potc yet he still purchased a G&R even though he was clearly aware of issues. Considering he bought the last release he's lost confidence to buy from JJP only relatively recently.

I bought a GNR because Ken Cromwell at JJP publicly stated that they had solved this problem - it was a lie. Hence why I will not buy another JJP game until they admit they had a problem and apologise to customers that they lied to.

This is why think they have to get it right this time because they can't keep losing customers.

Normally I'd say this but they are already telling people how to order and they haven't even officially released the theme let alone any details and from what I hear have already sold all the CE.
The marketing model must be working.
No it’s just in a population of billions there are a few thousand idiots easy to find.

I should add that Phil tried his best to get something from them also but they simply wouldn't do anything.

I mailed Jack and the Abess bozo that's supposedly running the company now and got no reply. I told Jack at TPF that his product sucked and his word was meaningless.

I should note that my DI is spotless when it comes to the playfield, its one of the best but this was made by the same folks Spooky use (forget their name) but its still amazing looking compared to many other playfields. I believe JJP started to use Mirco at the end of the DI run and into POTC.

I should note that my DI is spotless when it comes to the playfield, its one of the best but this was made by the same folks Spooky use (forget their name) but its still amazing looking compared to many other playfields.
Same here, not a dimple.

All my JJP games
Dialled In LE
Wonka CE
G&R LE

and DUTCH TBL all have Mirco playfields, and all mine were/are fine..

Seems really hit and miss..

Toy Story is tempting.. but I’m holding out for Sterns announcement…

I’ve just acquired a Junk Yard and a Corvette to tide me over..

Toy Story is tempting.. but I’m holding out for Sterns announcement…

I’ve just acquired a Junk Yard and a Corvette to tide me over..
You kinda done the same thing as me Dave no 1 pin is better than 2 or 3 which is less than an LE price never mind the CE!

I have recently bought 3 pins and by the time they have ColourDMDs fitted will be just shy of 10k and I guess TS with be 12ish.

Not even the GOAT which IMO is GZ is better than having 3 pins and it’s my fav pin of all time even with the honeymoon over.

With the imminent release of the Buzz Light year movie and the fact that today's pinball manufacturers tend to never get a full set of assets, could this new game simply be a Buzz Light-year game? The plunger would suggest not, and I've not read this whole thread so maybe everyone else knows more than I do.

With the imminent release of the Buzz Light year movie and the fact that today's pinball manufacturers tend to never get a full set of assets, could this new game simply be a Buzz Light-year game? The plunger would suggest not, and I've not read this whole thread so maybe everyone else knows more than I do.
I saw the trailer for the film earlier, and thought the same tbh

Nah not a chance. Been in development for ages.

Back
Top Bottom