What's new

JJP Toy Story 4

In your own opinion.

Are you ordering Toy Story?

no I won’t order another JJP game until they come Clean on the playfield issue they had and apologise to all affected customers.

but I genuinely think Toy Story is going to disappoint folks.

From the teaser it looks as if there'll be Hotrails on this pin. Not going to hurt. Lots of mechs too.
I think what'll be interesting is the pricing - feels like with it being possibly touted as Lawlors last game and a pretty good license they could really try and jack up the price on this one.

From the teaser it looks as if there'll be Hotrails on this pin. Not going to hurt. Lots of mechs too.
I think what'll be interesting is the pricing - feels like with it being possibly touted as Lawlors last game and a pretty good license they could really try and jack up the price on this one.
We will soon know

How quickly we forget. Why do people jump in after the playfield **** up on GNR. No wonder companies don’t give a **** about improving quality when we chuck money at the new shiny games.

Needless to say I’m as bad as the rest of us and would buy certain themes unseen. 😱

Theme counts me out. I’m sure i’ll enjoy a game or two but i couldn’t look at it day after day in my lineup.

It will be really interesting to see the pricing.

How quickly we forget. Why do people jump in after the playfield **** up on GNR. No wonder companies don’t give a **** about improving quality when we chuck money at the new shiny games.

Needless to say I’m as bad as the rest of us and would buy certain themes unseen. 😱
If a theme is a grail theme we must sign up unseen because if we didn’t we wouldn’t get one … it’s stupid but that’s how it is

I can't imagine for a moment that JJP won't have sorted their pf issues.

They'll have been aware of the kick-back and potential repercussions on future sales. If they screw this up then they'll have no consumer confidence left at all.

I'd be gobsmacked if JJP hadn't read the pf manufacturers the riot act. They've put the reputation of both companies in jeopardy and I'm sure they'll be aware that their next release will be scrutinised.

If they've got any sense at all they'll take extra time and get it right.

I'm hoping this will be what Wonka should have been.

They'll have been aware of the kick-back and potential repercussions on future sales. If they screw this up then they'll have no consumer confidence left at all.

I'd be gobsmacked if JJP hadn't read the pf manufacturers the riot act. They've put the reputation of both companies in jeopardy and I'm sure they'll be aware that their next release will be scrutinised.

Agreed they can’t afford a repeat

Not only that, but with stern constantly producing top class games, the competition is fierce. And with everyones pockets getting squeezed worldwide, it has to tempt people to part with money.
I would be surprised if this game isn’t outstanding, and their best title to date, it just has to be, for them to thrive as a business going forward.

I think this will be Lawlers best game to date and possibly his last however I’m out not for the fear of PF issues but more the pricing factor. I broke my 10k rule with both GZ and GnR CE but I was lucky in the fact they are both top games ( IMO @Neil McRae )

I am now concentrating in getting the pins I’ve missed out on over the years and there’s still quite a few to go which I hope to do trades/swaps with from now on.
NIB will hopefully filter some of these games down the line coupled with the fact interest rates, utility and fuel bills will start to put these toys into context and see some common sense prevail. One can only hope And in the meantime if anyone wants to do a 3-6 month swap on AC/DC premium for Met Premium or TWD premium give me a shout before it heads back here from @scottydoesntknow

They'll have been aware of the kick-back and potential repercussions on future sales
Dialed in had soft uncured clearcoat
Pirates had slingshot and tortuga hole chipping
GNR as every one knows.

Didn't fix it, didn't affect sales.

Kaneda saying they have added 1k USD onto the LE price which takes it to 12K USD.
You can imagine what the CE price will be….if they follow same format it will look like 15k USD.

Don’t forget even woz had pf issues. The clear and artwork would chip off in huge chunks around the pops.

you know this issue started when they released POTC? So they had Wonka to get it right? Oops, GNR, oops. even the recent wonkas made have the issue!

I can’t believe people compare GZ to GNR.

GZ the fourth game from someone who’s previous three blew the doors off!

GNR? Oh POTC? 😂😅😂😅😂 Are you joking? POTC was so bad they stopped making it so they could make Wonka🤣😂😅😂🤣😂😅😂😀😄

wonka the theme without the theme.

Last edited by a moderator:
you know this issue started when they released POTC? So they had Wonka to get it right? Oops, GNR, oops. even the recent wonkas made have the issue!
No I didn't know that at all actually.

Don't understand the 'oops' part either.

Dialed in had soft uncured clearcoat
Pirates had slingshot and tortuga hole chipping
GNR as every one knows.

Didn't fix it, didn't affect sales.

Yeah, plenty on here still purchased them.

My point is that there must be a tipping point where customers do lose confidence.

Neil is pointing out problems dating back to potc yet he still purchased a G&R even though he was clearly aware of issues. Considering he bought the last release he's lost confidence to buy from JJP only relatively recently.

This is why think they have to get it right this time because they can't keep losing customers.

This is why think they have to get it right this time because they can't keep losing customers.
Normally I'd say this but they are already telling people how to order and they haven't even officially released the theme let alone any details and from what I hear have already sold all the CE.
The marketing model must be working.

Normally I'd say this but they are already telling people how to order and they haven't even officially released the theme let alone any details and from what I hear have already sold all the CE.
I don’t think it’s even the marketing model just pinball in general and the FOMO it generates.
Look at spookys last releases they pre sold both Halloween and Ultraman on theme alone filling the order books in a couple of hours.
I bet Not many who paid the non-refundable deposits (a clever move on spookys part btw) still have that FOMO!
Pinside is now being flooded with people selling there pre orders and NIB pins. In many cases customers have been walking away from their deposits to cut their losses.

Maybe you're right mate.

I don't know much about it and base my assumptions on good business practice and people learning from their mistakes.

Even from a non pinball perspective I'd be amazed if they repeated mistakes that caused them such grief and bad press.

Maybe Colin is right and the paucity of pins makes people desperate to buy or not miss out.

That being said I thought G&R was fantastic (although I never owned one) and Wizard of Oz is one of the best machines I've ever seen.

I heard Rush was crap and actually quite liked it and the same with Ghostbusters. I listened to 4 months of negative comments before I actually played G&R and was blown away..... I loved it.

I'm really looking forward to what they do next. I don't tend to like Lawlor games so that's my main concern.

I heard Rush was crap and actually quite liked it and the same with Ghostbusters.
Rush isn’t crap IMO. It’s just that I’ve played it in a line-up of new Sterns at Funland and it suffers by comparison, i.e. it’s okay, but it’s not good enough given pinball collection is an inherently space- and money-limited hobby.

Back
Top Bottom