What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP GNR Pinball

Pinball prices have only been going one way for 15 years. Doesn't matter what happens to the economy, people still like expensive toys.

i can’t see a £5k price for a jjp gnr le in the future to be really frank. why? well we are in a period of inflation so all prices are going to rise.

£11k retail. in a normal market then a good cond second hand one would trade at 20% discount £8.5-£9k from a few months after release upto approx 2 years old and then reduce in value of the next few years, bottoming out in 5-6 years at around 6k, but add in inflation and then that low price is rising. i would say £7-8k is realistically as low as they will ever go.

i could well be wrong.

Older games are priced much more on whether they’re considered A, B or C rated titles. jury’s out on all modern games until they rise to the top and earn their status. see you in 2052

Toppers in stock now

So today was the day after a long ass 6 month wait my GnR was delivered by Martin. Top bloke !

Set up and have just the one issue with a switch. Seems dead can’t seem to make it switch on the test screen. I’ve checked connections and they look good. Anyone got any suggestions?

Attachments

• 8A649BCE-5466-4204-AFBE-367A1585FACC.jpeg
    8A649BCE-5466-4204-AFBE-367A1585FACC.jpeg
    243 KB · Views: 33
  • 556AC3AD-92A6-4673-9DC1-73CAB2FCB0C3.jpeg
    556AC3AD-92A6-4673-9DC1-73CAB2FCB0C3.jpeg
    146.7 KB · Views: 32
So today was the day after a long ass 6 month wait my GnR was delivered by Martin. Top bloke !

Set up and have just the one issue with a switch. Seems dead can’t seem to make it switch on the test screen. I’ve checked connections and they look good. Anyone got any suggestions?

You sure it's dead?

I had an issue with that switch but it was just overtightened and actuated too low so the lever wouldn't release the switch.

Try releasing the screws and adjusting the switch.

You sure it's dead?

I had an issue with that switch but it was just overtightened and actuated too low so the lever wouldn't release the switch.

Try releasing the screws and adjusting the switch.
Thanks will give that a go. If I operate the lever on the switch manually you can feel a faint click as it makes the switch but no signal

I will try loosening them and try again

Thanks will give that a go. If I operate the lever on the switch manually you can feel a faint click as it makes the switch but no signal

I will try loosening them and try again

Mine did that but it was fully actuated. Give it a shot.

Hey guys
I’m borrowing a mates GnR standard. Are we still recommending we disconnect the 🧲?
Don’t want it breaking on my watch!!
Cheers
Gaz

Hey guys
I’m borrowing a mates GnR standard. Are we still recommending we disconnect the 🧲?
Don’t want it breaking on my watch!!
Cheers
Gaz
I bought a new coil and fitted for the new owner but warned it could fail.

I would provide active cooling over it, especially in this heat.

Yes unplug it as it will 90% fail, mine went pretty quickly tbh doesn’t make much difference to the game

Using cooling fan on any coil is NOT the answer.

On your flippers and ramp coils reduce the hold power.

Wait for JJP to put a coil power setting in menu for that darn magnet!

As it's a magnet coil and not a flipper coil I'd still say cool it. Hold power for a 1 second grab. 🤷

As it's a magnet coil and not a flipper coil I'd still say cool it. Hold power for a 1 second grab. 🤷
Does not matter what kind of coil it is.

NBA fastbreak uses magners using the same coil as GnR. Those dont constantly blow.
Look how many Bally Williams games use magnets without cooling.

Putting fans under a pinball machine is like repairing a window with some gaffa tape.

The answer is sort out the problem causing it.

Mines been heavily played since I got it two weeks ago. Can’t get off the thing it’s just so damn good.

On a positive note. No issues what so ever with the magnet and the playfield is mint no sign of any issues. Notes that all the posts have a black washer underneath them

Not all been plain sailing though.

LH flipper button came out. Phil sent a new one to replace it. Very easy to fit
Couple of switches needed adjusting
Had a strange 5v error and all the playfield lighting went out. Reseated a few connectors and turned the shaker power down and not had it again
LH guitar neck wire form. The ball would get stuck on the left most run. Removed the ramp and bent a little now fine.

Other than that what a game

Mines been heavily played since I got it two weeks ago. Can’t get off the thing it’s just so damn good.

On a positive note. No issues what so ever with the magnet and the playfield is mint no sign of any issues. Notes that all the posts have a black washer underneath them

Not all been plain sailing though.

LH flipper button came out. Phil sent a new one to replace it. Very easy to fit
Couple of switches needed adjusting
Had a strange 5v error and all the playfield lighting went out. Reseated a few connectors and turned the shaker power down and not had it again
LH guitar neck wire form. The ball would get stuck on the left most run. Removed the ramp and bent a little now fine.

Other than that what a game
Yeah - quite a lot of faults go when you disconnect and reconennect.

The black washers were on the last run too.

Using cooling fan on any coil is NOT the answer.

On your flippers and ramp coils reduce the hold power.

Wait for JJP to put a coil power setting in menu for that darn magnet!
Hey, Is there a setting in the menu to reduce the hold time for the magnet?
Cheers

Yes unplug it as it will 90% fail, mine went pretty quickly tbh doesn’t make much difference to the game
Thanks mate. I couldn’t see a quick connector near the coil. Does it plug straight into the board?
If so how the **** do you get the screen outta the way on the backbox to access it. Couldn’t obviously see a way and don’t want to manhandle it as it’s not mine 😬

Thanks mate. I couldn’t see a quick connector near the coil. Does it plug straight into the board?
If so how the **** do you get the screen outta the way on the backbox to access it. Couldn’t obviously see a way and don’t want to manhandle it as it’s not mine 😬
Just pull it it’s on strong magnets

Back
Top Bottom