What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP GNR Pinball

Are they using the original or the live versions? If they want it to feel like a live concert, I should have been played live to get that footage but they can then mix the live in with a studio track. I guess a future update could add in any new song that was agreed for release by the band.
There are songs they just never or rarely played live because of the complexity or the band just didn't feel like it. Locomotive was one they claim to have never played live until last year and one I would love to see on this machine.
I am sort of pleased Knocking on Heaven's Door isn't on there as it really morphed into a song I didn't enjoy and a long way from the Bob Dylan original.

I would be selling another machine if it was a Queen pin, done with the sort of assets that JJP have done GnR with. But if it was anything other than a Queen with Freddie at the helm then I’m afraid I’m out.
Consider myself a big Queen fan, but after the tribute concert that should have been it, unless they wanted to release old tracks that they had done with Freddie.
John had the right idea with saying no thanks I’m out.

I am of the same opinion, would love it to be a Queen pin but only with Freddie, was lucky to see Queen with Freddie twice back in the day, i respect that Brian & Roger wanted to continue for the of music (and money :D) but for me Queen died when Freddie died.

Live versions would suck imho. You’d end up with more of a bootleg feel than using well known tracks.

Still can’t work out what the point of the DJ is. Ok she looks perky but what does she really add to the classic songs?

And as for the possibility of a Genesis pin, if it’s not Peter Gabriel then it should be burnt immediately.

Yeah live versions NOT a good idea. The modern concert footage in the game is bad enough already imo.

Still can’t work out what the point of the DJ is. Ok she looks perky but what does she really add to the classic songs?
She is adding nothing if these are studio tracks as she hasn’t recorded an album with them. But she is an official band member and if Slash wants the live concert experience then she is now part of that so has her place on the table.

Always thought it sucked that AC/DC didn’t even have a small picture of Bon given they used several of his songs.

With GNR Slash and Duff are nothing to do with the Chinese Democracy tracks.

No idea what her name is. Small, bounces up and down a lot. Presses an occasional button presumably to add to their sound. really not 100% sure what she does.

I think Dizzie Read is the second longest official member of the band as he never left when the others did. Not who I picture when I think of the band. I have seen Izzy turn up and play more gigs despite not officially being in the band than the Dude who replaced him in their heyday (Gilby Clarke).
I guess this is the nature of a band who had their prime recording years for five years back at the end of the 80’s and early 90’s. The good thing was none of them died from excess, except for the guy they fired and brought Duff in to replace.

So with the Bluetooth capability, i'm assuming you can connect Bluetooth Speaker?
Will it have the capability to connect an external soundbar I wonder...... (LE)

Last edited:
No idea what her name is. Small, bounces up and down a lot. Presses an occasional button presumably to add to their sound. really not 100% sure what she does.

I think she's more keyboards and synths than DJing per se, which to be fair has always been part of the GNR sound. Axl always wanted more synths, Slash was always against it.

On the Queen vs Led Zeppelin discussion you have to look at the US market. Stern look at the US market primarily. Queen did not break for many years into the UK. Let's face it - Wheel of Fortune for example - flop over here. Nobody ordered it as they didnt know the theme (okay it was more of a non-home market at that time as well).

Doesnt bother me, I love both acts.

Out of GnR, Zeppelin and Queen - GnR are my least favourite but I appreciate this machine looks awesome and hopefully will give other people the kick up the backside they need.

The way I look at things is Stern build pinballs like Ford build cars. Good overall - tick all the boxes for most.
JJP seem to be more higher end cars - like a ferrari. That have better use of technology but do need to be on the mechanics ramp more than a ford! Of course I can not comment on the new board set.

Back
Top Bottom