What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jaws! By Stern… We’re going to need a bigger games room !

Col's video showcasing amongst other things, his fab apron -
The thumbnail is superb 😂

I just posted it up over on Pinside, as that apron needs to be seen, it’s a lovely piece of work as you’d expect from Col.

Supposedly legit pricing from a distributor stateside.

They are taking the absolute p*** with the price of toppers. I paid less for my first TAF than they want for a piece of plastic with some LEDs. The toppers probably cost less than $50 in parts

They are taking the absolute p*** with the price of toppers. I paid less for my first TAF than they want for a piece of plastic with some LEDs. The toppers probably cost less than $50 in parts
Guess we’ll see what it looks like… it’s half the price of the Foo one, which either means they’ve wrapped a string of LEDs around a plastic shark toy, or perhaps they might be starting to see the light on pricing

Topper better eat the ball
for a grand you will get flat plastics and like it!

No way we get much for a grand from Stern, although if they do flat plastics of the ORCA and Bruce with a little movement to recreate the Quint is tasty scene I could be tempted by that.

For anyone in London who fancies a game of Jaws, we’ve just got a pro in at Four Quarters Elephant. It takes JP’s place next to GZ. (JP is now in Peckham next to Spiderman)

We put a load of games on it today, and I must say, the game is so much better than I’d thought from a brief play at expo and a couple of plays of the Prem at Funland.

The light show really comes to life in a low light area like Four Quarters - night swim mode 😍 and the pro shoots really fast and smooth, even if the playfield feels a little sparse. Ball routes and flow are sweet and there’s loads of modes that seem to stack.

Very happy with Jaws - looking forward to see how it compares to others, as an operator.

Thanks to @philpalmer for sorting the machine.

For anyone in London who fancies a game of Jaws, we’ve just got a pro in at Four Quarters Elephant. It takes JP’s place next to GZ. (JP is now in Peckham next to Spiderman)

We put a load of games on it today, and I must say, the game is so much better than I’d thought from a brief play at expo and a couple of plays of the Prem at Funland.

The light show really comes to life in a low light area like Four Quarters - night swim mode 😍 and the pro shoots really fast and smooth, even if the playfield feels a little sparse. Ball routes and flow are sweet and there’s loads of modes that seem to stack.

Very happy with Jaws - looking forward to see how it compares to others, as an operator.

Thanks to @philpalmer for sorting the machine.
To add to this I’ve got a jaws premium if anyone local to me wants to try it ! Great game imo

Played the Pro at LeVel in Preston this morning. At first sight I thought it looked a bit empty but after playing a few games those thoughts quickly went away.

I wouldn't say no to owning one, had some interesting shots and felt nice to shoot for the most part, although it was a bit stop/start with the up posts in the in lanes.

There were a few big air balls and I couldn't get logged into Insider Connected so not sure if it's hooked up to the Wi-fi yet @philpalmer

I did manage to get my name on the scoreboard which I don't expect to last too long.

IMG_20240612_105612.jpg

Last edited:
Played the Pro at LeVel in Preston this morning. At first sight I thought looked a bit empty but after playing a few games those thoughts quickly went away.

I wouldn't say no to owning one, had some interesting shots and felt nice to shoot for the most part, although it was a bit stop/start with the up posts in the in lanes.

There were a few big air balls and I couldn't get logged into Insider Connected so not sure if it's hooked up to the Wi-fi yet @philpalmer

I did manage to get my name on the scoreboard which I don't expect to last too long.

View attachment 253396
Not a bad score pal

Not a bad score pal
Thanks, don't ask me how I got it though. I'm sure I'll like it even more once I understand the rules a bit better.

When I first watched the early streams the sound clips felt quite repetitive, but didn't feel like that when playing it so maybe code updates helped with that.

Shooting the fin was great, like the Cactus Canyon and Ghostbuster's pop-ups but better as it's a moving target.

I felt I got my money's worth with Jaws and Bond as they are both quite forgiving compared to some other Pins.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom