What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Bond owners club!

What are those 7 stand-up targets like to hit behind the rocket? Can't say I particularly noticed them when playing. Is it more about luck for the ones directly behind the rocket?

What are those 7 stand-up targets like to hit behind the rocket? Can't say I particularly noticed them when playing. Is it more about luck for the ones directly behind the rocket?

They are Spectre targets once you collect them all, you can start a mode to by hitting the stand up to the left of the right orbit shot.

If you complete the mode it gives you an award such as add a ball or extended ball save etc

Sounds exactly the same as my experience, played it yesterday and really enjoyed it, it exceeded my expectations. It was hard to gauge what was going on in a noisy environment but shot wise and visually I thought it was great. Definitely going on my wanted list to own at some point, along with Avengers which was also better than I was expecting.

Brilliant mate yeah I really enjoyed it. I'm thinking I might get it as my next game. Great theme, great assets, lovely shots, just a really fun game. And yeah Avengers is fantastic, don't believe the doubters, one of the best shooters of all time and all the talk of the code being too complex etc is wildly overblown, the code is superb.

I think this kind of answers my question about physically hitting the targets directly behind the rocket 'While learning the shot combos in Bond, I have become intimately familiar with the SPECTRE targets around the rocket. There is no greater sense of satisfaction than to sweep all the target letters with one glorious, precise shot'.

Too many people tried to $hit on this machine when it came out so no expects much and then when they actually play it love it

I still can't get enough of mine :)
To be fair, release code was absolute garbage compared to other recent releases. The improvements since have made it a fantastic game now, just apart from the reverse scoop shot.

What side art have owners gone with? I'm not really a fan of the official Stern black and white sketches side art. Looking on Pinside mirror blades or Wizard Mod WizBlades look to be a good alternative.

Pinside_forum_7786421_1.jpgPinside_forum_8006448_0.jpgPinside_forum_8006448_2.jpgPinside_forum_7786421_0.jpg

What side art have owners gone with? I'm not really a fan of the official Stern black and white sketches side art. Looking on Pinside mirror blades or Wizard Mod WizBlades look to be a good alternative.
If there's no particular design that suits, or you like, you're unlikely to go wrong with mirror blades.

It seems lots of different companies release the side art (and any number of 'mods') the second a new machine appears with little to no thought about integration in to the game itself. 🤷‍♀️

Just in case some owners missed this, @Devil-Mish pointed out earlier that Stern's Bond 1.0 stream is on tonight.

I haven't played a Bond since Pinfest but it was always a game I have had an eye on, really looking forward to watching the 1.0 stream actually.

Back
Top Bottom