What's new

Is 2021 your first time at UKPinfest?

Is this your first time at UKPinfest?

• Total voters
Isn't it quicker to turn the pin off then back on again? I assume that is frowned upon in that environment?
Probably, but not my machines so I'm not gonna go touching them. Difficult to find out which pin belongs to whom when there are that many as well

Probably, but not my machines so I'm not gonna go touching them. Difficult to find out which pin belongs to whom when there are that many as well

I do agree. You wouldn't then want to make it look like a free for all.
I remember my pal bringing his kids over and we had to say no more pinball at some point, but they noticed me turning them off... The on switch was no longer a secret!

Another, remember these are machines owned by private collectors and are worth a bob or two so treat them with respect. No stupid big slide saving, death saving or hitting machines. There's always at least 1 person each year who needs a gentle reminder of this
I'm new to this so the last thing I want to do is p*%s someone off, is slap saving seen as acceptable or seen as "hitting the machine"?

Any problems with any of the machines please find a staff member in a blue shirt.
There is a dedicated repaired team over the weekend who will be looking after your machines.
All machine loaners will be asked if they want there machine maintained at the show or if you want to look after it yourself. There will be a area on the stage that all keys will be kept to all the machines and a team of repairers run by NLP.
Any questions you might have then speak to a NLP member on arrival.
We will be wearing the Pinfest blue staff shirts over the weekend.

I'm new to this so the last thing I want to do is p*%s someone off, is slap saving seen as acceptable or seen as "hitting the machine"?
What I mean by hitting is by not doing what a certain French player is well known for and putting a ‘boot’ to a machine if he doesn’t have a good game. Slap saves are part of pinball, physical abuse isn’t.

What I mean by hitting is by not doing what a certain French player is well known for and putting a ‘boot’ to a machine if he doesn’t have a good game. Slap saves are part of pinball, physical abuse isn’t.
Thank goodness for that otherwise they'll be lots of SDTMS 😓😓😓

A certain monsieur broke my drop targets on my previous Fireball 2 in 2015 . A reminder to everyone myself included to set up tilts in their games as some players will simply drag them across the floor if too lenient / missing. And dont turn machines off - ask the NLP guys if any issues.

To allay people's fears regarding machine damage, after the stories above.
It is extremely rare for a machine to be damaged at a show by abuse from a player, extremely rare. These machines are designed to be put on site (often bars) and played without the supervision that is around at shows.
Don't let this put you off bringing your machines to shows.
I've taken machines to shows for the last 8/9 years and have never had an issue caused by a player. You're much more likely to damage them yourself while moving them.
In fact the only damage I have incurred was when I didn't have any ratchet straps to secure my 2 machines to the truck, while going to collect others, and used bungee cords - the hook broke causing both machines to fall upside down. The Metallica glass smashed meaning a huge clean-up (thanks Tel) whereas WPT was undamaged and played perfectly for the whole weekend.

To echo Wayne's comments, I normally support 4 shows a year with my machines and never had an issue because of the public playing them. Just had issues because of my own stupidity. Leaving batteries in etc....

I think it depends on your definition of damage tbh. The lock bar on my Alien is caked in scratches from people's watches no doubt scraping against it. Bit of metal polish sorted most of them out.

One guy next to me was playing an AIQ and had the front legs in the air at one point! He was throwing it around something mad.

When it finally tilted he looked ****ed off, like it shouldn't have cheated him.

I think it depends on your definition of damage tbh. The lock bar on my Alien is caked in scratches from people's watches no doubt scraping against it. Bit of metal polish sorted most of them out.

One guy next to me was playing an AIQ and had the front legs in the air at one point! He was throwing it around something mad.

When it finally tilted he looked ****ed off, like it shouldn't have cheated him.
Always good to see CJ!

If you’re that upset at a public show where we play pinball for fun I think you need serious help

Back
Top Bottom