What's new

Is 2021 your first time at UKPinfest?

Is this your first time at UKPinfest?

• Total voters
Looking at the high scores here Wayne , you ARE the VIP guest! look forward to the fireside chat!!

Some good memories reading through these.
My first event was 2011, as a day visitor. Have attended all further events as a resident.

Enjoyed them all in different ways - especially seeing the progress I made in the comps. Didn't qualify for the finals in the first 4 comps before doing better in each successive comp - maybe this year's the year [emoji1696]

Used to enjoy the group meal and guest speaker on the Saturday night, but that would mean no VIP session or stall ball.

Each and everyone of the reports triggered different memories, and hoping to create more shortly.

Another thing I noticed is I still have all of the pinball t-shirts I'm photod in [emoji3]

My first one was 2011 too , Wayne and been at everyone since except the one in Wales. The social dinner was good to meet people and the after dinner speakers were very interesting - Steve Ritchie and George Gomez were really funny but if I remember right - not every one liked the food and complained about it [emoji3]. - not me though but I was always on the wine . [emoji898]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first one was 2011 too , Wayne and been at everyone since except the one in Wales. The social dinner was good to meet people and the after dinner speakers were very interesting - Steve Ritchie and George Gomez were really funny but if I remember right - not every one liked the food and complained about it [emoji3]. - not me though but I was always on the wine . [emoji898]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There were also issues with the hotel being paid for the meals if I remember - surprised we got anything.

This will be my first Pinfest. Feeling nervous excited! (And never have been more grateful that I have no sense of smell from the comments here 😂)

Any other tips for first timers? I'm planning to wear comfortable shoes and bringing water with me! 9 hours on the feet will be tough!

I guess it's worth mentioning the etiquette. It's polite to only start one player games if you're the only player. After finishing your game then at least look around for anyone that might be waiting, don't just keep replaying.

If you've been waiting for a game and you're feeling sociable, then you might want to consider asking the person stepping away if they want a two player game. It's a good ice breaker if you're new to the community and we're all a friendly bunch

And play the comps. Comps are the best thing there 😁

I guess it's worth mentioning the etiquette. It's polite to only start one player games if you're the only player. After finishing your game then at least look around for anyone that might be waiting, don't just keep replaying.

If you've been waiting for a game and you're feeling sociable, then you might want to consider asking the person stepping away if they want a two player game. It's a good ice breaker if you're new to the community and we're all a friendly bunch

Thank you, great tips! I'm the sort of person who talks to people while standing in the queue for the Post Office so I'm sure I'll get chatting to people!

I am not sure about trying the competitions. I'm not very good at pinball and I don't quite understand the way the competition works!

Thank you, great tips! I'm the sort of person who talks to people while standing in the queue for the Post Office so I'm sure I'll get chatting to people!

I am not sure about trying the competitions. I'm not very good at pinball and I don't quite understand the way the competition works!

Enter
Play three games of pinball
Finish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Another, remember these are machines owned by private collectors and are worth a bob or two so treat them with respect. No stupid big slide saving, death saving or hitting machines. There's always at least 1 person each year who needs a gentle reminder of this

Very well put - should print a sign & put it near the entrance.

Another, remember these are machines owned by private collectors and are worth a bob or two so treat them with respect. No stupid big slide saving, death saving or hitting machines. There's always at least 1 person each year who needs a gentle reminder of this
Yes good shout Ian, there has been a few times i've had to have a word with people putting beer on the machines glass.

On modern spike 2 stern’s

Hold the left flipper button and start together and it will reset the game (if you are bringing a modern stern with this option please set it!)

Nell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So bloody annoying. You then spend the next 5 mins trying to drain all the balls with 'ball saved' flashing up on screen...

Isn't it quicker to turn the pin off then back on again? I assume that is frowned upon in that environment?

It’s even more infuriating when a kid steps up puts 4 player game on then slaps the buttons like a performing circus seal clapping its flappers for the next 20-30 mins.
I always try to ask the person behind me if they on their own if they would like a 2 player game and if they not Pinball savvy point out some simple tips of how to play pinball.
Mind your the amount of bad games I’ve had when doing this is well above average and I look a right plonker lol

I wonder how many 2-player games there actually will be in the climate we are in currently...

Those first timers are lucky. One year it was at Heighway Pinball in Wales and that was a looooong drive (unless you're from Wales of course). Daventry is pretty central for everyone.

I always try to ask the person behind me if they on their own if they would like a 2 player game and if they not Pinball savvy point out some simple tips of how to play pinball.
Mind your the amount of bad games I’ve had when doing this is well above average and I look a right plonker lol
I always enjoy when we have friends over and playing with others. I have gotten my highest scores this way. 😂 So do ask if you see me around, I'm happy to team up!

Wanted to come but unfortunately my better half has booked a break in an old woodshed in Norfolk for our holiday, how holidays have changed :rolleyes:

Those first timers are lucky. One year it was at Heighway Pinball in Wales and that was a looooong drive (unless you're from Wales of course). Daventry is pretty central for everyone.
Pheebs won her first trophy in the kids comp there. And I remember during the factory tour, Andy Heighway made a sarky comment about people getting ripped off by unscrupulous pinball manufacturers... 😱 (he was talking about predator but if the cap fits!)

Back
Top Bottom