What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Irish Pinball League ???

Where are you guys based. I'm just getting into pinball and its really refreshing to find a place that's proud of their tables! im based in Dublin (town) where are you guys. Would be really interested in entering your leagues next year

We are all over Ireland.

Last year we had meets in Belfast and Dublin (Naas). The new season that is starting soon will have meets in Naas, Belfast and Waterford at least.
More details to follow soon.
email irish.pinball.league@gmail.com to be kept up to date by email or just keep an eye on here for info.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Hopefully see you soon
Ian

I do own an arcade yea.its in my house tho :D
There's an ac/dc in Dr.qurkies and a Metallica in fibbers.
That's about it I think.
Not much in the wild

I do own an arcade yea.its in my house tho :D
There's an ac/dc in Dr.qurkies and a Metallica in fibbers.
That's about it I think.
Not much in the wild
I knew about the one in quirkeys but not the one in fibbers. I know where ill be going after work now... Wonder if they pull a decent Guinness hmmm.

Welcome to the forum. Im based down in Waterford. Have my own arcade just about fully up and running in my garage. :D

Lucky bugger.. I went to try get a game in town yesterday day think any of the tables were working/ not in use! Need to start a petition to make pinball a national sport

There will be a Pin in The Square Ball in Hogan place in the next few days.

Official opening is next Thursday but it should be there before then, along with a few arcade machines upstairs in the games room.

We are getting the ball rolling earlier this year with the Irish pinball league.

The first leg is in Waterford Southern Ireland. It will be held on Sunday the 18th of October. Practice is from 1pm until 3pm and the league games start at 3pm. Let me know if you are interested in attending. Address and directions will be sent to those wishing to attend closer to the meet.

If anyone would like to go and doesn't have transport let me know where you are traveling from and I will try and pair you up with someone that is traveling down and has space for extra passengers.

If you are heading down and have room for one or more passengers please let me know and I will try and get you a few passengers to share your fuel costs.

We have a few locations lined up for this years league meets but if you are interested in hosting a meet please get in touch with me stating the amount of machines you have etc (more can be brought on the day by others if you are only have one or two machines)

Keep an eye on the league web site or here for future locations of meets. I will try and email everyone on the email list as well.

If you know anyone that is interested in playing in the league please let them know about this next meet and, if they have email, tell them to email me to be kept up to date at irish.pinball.league@gmail.com

Hopefully see you at some meets this year

Cheers

Ian

Have the score cards in. Just waiting to get WH2O set up and we're all set to kick off Sunday.

20151013_174128.jpg

Have some consoles hooked up to a giant crt aswell.

20151013_185402.jpg

The rugby world cup will be on aswell on another tv.

Ok the result for Sunday's meet was

1. Dave Butler
2. Keith Boreland
3. Ian Craig
4. Paddy Brady
Eamon Wyse
6. Jenna Durney
7. Ben Flynn
That meet wasn't held in the little caravan on Craggy Island caravan park was it?

The next meet of the 2015-16 Irish Pinball league will be in Naas just south of Dublin
The host for the meet is Dave Butler and the machines available for play will be.

Theatre of Magic
Road Show
Star trek TNG
Tales from the Crypt
Maverick
Goldeneye
Getaway HSII (hopefully)

The meet is on the 29th November, Practice from 1 until 3 when the league games will start.

Further details and directions can be obtained from irish.pinball.league@gmail.com

Cheers
Ian

Thanks again to cryptkeeper for a great meet. Great laugh and some great pins.

Can't wait for the next one.

Won't be easy, but I'm going to claw my way back to the top :p

Yep big thanks to Dave and Niamh for a great meet.

Some great machines, great food and most importantly some great craic. We eventually prise Keith away from the machines and went home :rolleyes:

Already looking forward to the next one (looking like its Belfast next)
Anyhow the results

1. Keith
2. Dave
3. Ian
4. Ben
5. Leo
6. Jim
7. Gary
8. Justin
8. Niamh
10. Eamon
11. Ed
12. Cathay
13. Michael
14. Mick
15. Claire

Cheers
Ian

It was my pleasure!
A wire had come off the right cannon coil in STtNG so got that fixed last night.
Apart from the strange opto problem in maverick there were no other casualties !

Have the score cards in. Just waiting to get WH2O set up and we're all set to kick off Sunday.

View attachment 21466

Have some consoles hooked up to a giant crt aswell.

View attachment 21467

The rugby world cup will be on aswell on another tv.

These machines look suspiciously like the ones that were in the arcade in Tramore. I used to play the Theatre of Magic there for years and never assumed it would be removed. Are you planning another meet this year??!

Hay waterford,
welcome along.
good to see another Irish man on the forum.
You need to sort out the flag in your profile !!!

Next meet is on the 7th in Belfast (unconfirmed)
Jack burtan is in your neck of the woods so you could probably car share!

Hi, I cant comment on the source for Bens machines but the next meet of the Irish Pinball league is on Sunday 7th February at Skinworks in Belfast.
There may be another meet in Waterford later in the year though (TBC)

More details will follow shortly about the meet in Belfast.

edit:
Should have said, you would be more than welcome to come along.
As Cryptkeeper said, good to see another Irish guy pop up here :cool:

Last edited:
Can confirm that the TOM and NGG are both from freddies arcade alright.

Hopefully there will be another meet down here before the end of the year but nothing is planned so far.

Another Waterford pinhead, a rare sight! Finally I can say "well boy, any red lead blas?"

Back
Top Bottom