What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ - Comments on Sales/trades/wanted threads

Comments on sales/Trades/Wanted threads.... Yes or no.... (Simple choice!)

• Yes

Votes: 129 86.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 14.0%

• Total voters
Sincere apologies if I'm flogging a dead horse here and I certainly don't mean to belittle anyone's efforts but this new classified thing... Is it just me or is it a bit crap? Way more clicks to get where you want to go. Ads disappearing when sold. Parts and pins mixed unless you select the right category. User avatar of seller not shown (I recognise half the people on here by their pic rather than their name). The old classic forum way was so much easier all round. I can't tell where the discussion is happening without clicking an ad to check. Separating questions and discussion is needless. Especially when it indicates a question has been asked in the discussion section. You then have to click the questions tab. It's over engineered and unintuitive. I've basically stopped visiting the FS section, maybe a good thing, I'm skint! Anyway sorry to complain but I feel it's a backward step.

Agree to all the above. I appreciate Pauls efforts but feel the for sale section which used to be one of the most active areas on the forum has lost its mojo and is a shadow of its former self. From my side I genuinely embrace change but I think the new format is a backwards step. I know its not a democracy but now that the new format has been up for a few weeks, it would be interesting to poll and see what the preference is for.

Last edited:
Agree to all the above. I appreciate Pauls efforts but feel the for sale section which used to be one of the most active sections on the forum has lost its mojo and is a shadow of its former self.
+1

It seems to me like more and more members are selling on ebay rather than here (or at least dual-listing). This was already a trend before the new classifieds came in, but it does seem to have accelerated things.

Personally I think it does the job, but the UI/UX could certainly be improved - especially as the rest of the forum is quite slick.

I think there are positives. The filter to separate parts, machines etc is helpful, as are more standardised ads. But in particular the ability to filter and list sold machines is much, much easier than scrolling through page after page of general 'for sale' and 'wanted threads'.

Some feedback as a recent "lister" on the new classified function.

Really like the question and discussion idea is great. It was confusing that I got a notification that there was a question on one tab (discussion?), and the actual question on another (question). Also not many questions are shown by default - so I did get the same question multiple times, which was a shame

Not keen on my ad disappearing as other ads come in... also an unscrupulous advertiser timing a competitive product ad after mine (my tongue is in my cheek by the way). But seriously, it kind of got lost amongst other ads now, so unlikely to get much traction after the day the ad is posted. To @Fubar point, I'm considering an eBay listing to move my thing along a bit quicker.

Some feedback as a recent "lister" on the new classified function.

Really like the question and discussion idea is great. It was confusing that I got a notification that there was a question on one tab (discussion?), and the actual question on another (question). Also not many questions are shown by default - so I did get the same question multiple times, which was a shame

Not keen on my ad disappearing as other ads come in... also an unscrupulous advertiser timing a competitive product ad after mine (my tongue is in my cheek by the way). But seriously, it kind of got lost amongst other ads now, so unlikely to get much traction after the day the ad is posted. To @Fubar point, I'm considering an eBay listing to move my thing along a bit quicker.

I also agree the old system was much better and easier, also you can just drop in and out if nothing of interest.
I note that there seems to be a lot less machines for sale than before. Coincidence or Apathy.
It is up to Paul, its his baby and he can do what he likes I guess, I see that a lot of seniors members don’t seem to keen either.

Preferred the older way it was too, though I usually use the "New posts" on the top left of the webpage when going through threads, and see that for sale threads get less bumps from replies with the current way.

Sincere apologies if I'm flogging a dead horse here and I certainly don't mean to belittle anyone's efforts but this new classified thing... Is it just me or is it a bit crap? Way more clicks to get where you want to go. Ads disappearing when sold. Parts and pins mixed unless you select the right category. User avatar of seller not shown (I recognise half the people on here by their pic rather than their name). The old classic forum way was so much easier all round. I can't tell where the discussion is happening without clicking an ad to check. Separating questions and discussion is needless. Especially when it indicates a question has been asked in the discussion section. You then have to click the questions tab. It's over engineered and unintuitive. I've basically stopped visiting the FS section, maybe a good thing, I'm skint! Anyway sorry to complain but I feel it's a backward step.
100% agree. Much better as it was.

The annoying thing is that this was triggered by one member having a hissy fit and being rude who hasn’t participated since!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The annoying thing is that this was triggered by one member having a hissy fit and being rude who hasn’t participated since!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t think it’s fair to lay it at Rav’s door tbh. This has been talked about for quite a while as there had been plenty of previous occurrences where people had been sticking there unwanted opinions onto people’s for sale threads. The what’s this table worth thread was created to give the people who couldn’t help themselves an outlet to try and resolve the issue but that didnt stop it so now we’ve got the new classifieds section.

Sorry Paul but I miss the good old days, including the handbags 👜! Worth a go and obviously loads of effort but its too much change for a seasoned vet to handle!

I don’t think it’s fair to lay it at Rav’s door tbh. This has been talked about for quite a while as there had been plenty of previous occurrences where people had been sticking there unwanted opinions onto people’s for sale threads. The what’s this table worth thread was created to give the people who couldn’t help themselves an outlet to try and resolve the issue but that didnt stop it so now we’ve got the new classifieds section.
The new format doesn’t prevent someone from making a negative comment, they can still start a discussion about it being over priced etc .

This forum is wonderful (and I doubt I would be even able to own a single pinball machine without it ) so thanks to all involved . So I'm happy to work with whatever those involved prefer but did prefer old system for what it's worth

Isn't there some way for those running the site to let us know if overall views and visits have fallen since the change? I know that I visit less. The old Wanted/For Sale page was my start point and I moved around the site from there. Find myself visiting less now which is a real shame. Not too late to return to the old system surely? Why not run a poll and ask users if that's what they'd prefer? A forum is only as good as it's engaged active users, once that mojo has gone, it's difficult to get it back

As others have said love the forum and thanks for all the effort in running the forum. Getting the hang of the new format but personally I did prefer the old version.

Back
Top Bottom