What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ - Comments on Sales/trades/wanted threads

Comments on sales/Trades/Wanted threads.... Yes or no.... (Simple choice!)

• Yes

Votes: 129 86.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 14.0%

• Total voters
No one is seeing them yet. I think @Paul is addressing...

Comments - Working on them.
Location - That was something completely unforseen! If there is no location supplied, it seems to take the Posters Location as location....

Easy way to check.... Bod - I have changed your location to "Halifax, England"... Could you repost it please with no location and we will see where it comes up now.... :)
I'll also give some feedback to the developer...

Ideally mate put it all back to how it was before and we'll pretend this whole affair didn't happen!

One extra click?? Is that what it boils down to?? :rofl:

100%

I make football videos for a website. Each article has the first two paragraphs featured on the homepage then the remainder is readable when the individual article is clicked on.

The website gets between 100k - 150k views per day. In December we moved the videos away from the individual articles and embedded them on the homepage. It was only 1 click away but made a difference of 70k impressions daily.

100%

I make football videos for a website. Each article has the first two paragraphs featured on the homepage then the remainder is readable when the individual article is clicked on.

The website gets between 100k - 150k views per day. In December we moved the videos away from the individual articles and embedded them on the homepage. It was only 1 click away but made a difference of 70k impressions daily.
It's pretty common lore in web design that each click loses you 50% of users.

Let’s see how it is after 20 or so listings, might make all the difference.

Last edited:
You've never sold anything.... So it's not going to affect you anyhow is it... ;)
With respect Paul, I log on every day, I have got to know and help and received help from lots of members, I even offered you a Backglass which was never collected, I just liked the simple format, log on have a look, log off and so on.
You give an amazing service and you should be able to do what you wish with this site, and very good luck to you.
I always look at machines for sale and take it from there.
I have bought several machines from this forum and thank you for the opportunity, so take no notice of my comment and keep up the good work, i will still log on and am sick of walking past that bloody Back glass. ;) (I don’t even know how to add a smiley face).

With respect Paul, I log on every day, I have got to know and help and received help from lots of members, I even offered you a Backglass which was never collected, I just liked the simple format, log on have a look, log off and so on.
You give an amazing service and you should be able to do what you wish with this site, and very good luck to you.
I always look at machines for sale and take it from there.
I have bought several machines from this forum and thank you for the opportunity, so take no notice of my comment and keep up the good work, i will still log on and am sick of walking past that bloody Back glass. ;) (I don’t even know how to add a smiley face).
Well well well so I did

It's new and obviously different but there's more structure and useful signposts which imho isn't a bad thing and seems easy/quick to filter/navigate through after a few mins practice. There's still scope for the banter that's common place. I appreciate the wisdom on click through boredom but this is a site for pinball enthusiasts and/or those searching out specific pinball info so not random, casual browsers with less that the attention span of the proverbial goldfish. I'm happy to embrace the change and guess we'll see a few iterations as it's stress tested with use.

All i am doing is trying to improve the forum and make things clearer and easier for the users.

Apologies if i am coming over Frustrated... People are quick to dismiss things... that is all.
Hi Paul - I feel your pain when you're trying to do something good & people complain about trivial stuff - that's life in IT, innit?

So this is just information, not a complaint ;) - I see the red numbers on What's new, but not on Classifieds (Win 10, Brave browser) - is there a config I can set at my end? It's not a massive hassle to click the Classifieds tab to check.

Stew

Surely everyone watches the Machines for Sale thread, so you get an alert or email, or shows on the main forum page that you have something to look at.
Then just click on that link to see the new machine.
Thanks for all the hard work @Paul. Just need to sort the discussion tab and we will be good to go.

Back
Top Bottom