What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired I'm after any of these titles (70s/early 80s-style)...

Expired Due to no activity
Prices in Europe are above UK prices at moment, tried to ship some and they want well above UK fully working serviced prices for machines needing work plus shipping šŸ„“

I've found the opposite to be true last couple I've bought were well under what UK sellers have been asking and conversion rates are good at the moment

I've found the opposite to be true last couple I've bought were well under what UK sellers have been asking and conversion rates are good at the moment
Yeah. I saw a Robo-War for 1,100 euros.

Trouble is, it was a ā€˜non-selling sellerā€™, which is another phenomenon Iā€™ve noticed in pinball. Someone lists a pin for sale, or investigates possible pricing to sell a pin, but doesnā€™t respond to queries - and itā€™s not for the reason I sometimes donā€™t respond to queries with board games (i.e. Iā€™ve had 80 people contact me about 100 items, and it takes me a while to get back).

That looks šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜
Yeah. Iā€™m looking for a US one with speech and a spinning back-glass. There are two I know about in the UK, but neither is for sale.

Iā€™m seeing if this is also a US one. Hard to tell from the pictures.

I did check last time I saw a Black Hole how easy it was to convert an export model, but - sadly - it would cost about Ā£2,500.

Wow that looks a beautiful pin šŸ˜
Yes, but I want one with a spinning back-glass :eek:

I know thatā€™s a little picky, but - if that isnā€™t a US edition - I can probably import one from the States in a couple of years.

And, yes, Black Hole is beautiful and seems to be massively under-rated - at least, here in the UK. I absolutely love it on Pinball Arcade. The dual playfield, the constant threat on each playfield, and the challenge of getting multi-ball is just something special, and it looks pretty amazing with full LEDs (disappears into praising Black Holeā€¦ :D).

No if thatā€™s what you want then wait one will turn up.
Prices will fall too I think in coming months if the general market is anything to go by.
Not a major issue if your looking to keep of course.

No if thatā€™s what you want then wait one will turn up.
Prices will fall too I think in coming months if the general market is anything to go by.
Not a major issue if your looking to keep of course.

Well, Iā€™ve got a bit of a planā€¦

Weā€™ve got three pins currently - Lord of the Rings, Fish Tales and Godzilla.
  • Iā€™m looking to get an older pin with lots of drop-downs in the near future (pin #4)
  • Then, Iā€™m looking to save up for a pricier Bally/Williams next year or the year after. I was looking to get the CGC reprint of Medieval Madness (due early next year), but any new pins now have to fill a radically different niche from Godzilla, so Iā€™m wondering if I should be looking at B/W Indiana Jones with the daft six-ball multiball and the biplane sound effects instead (pin #5)
  • Then, at some point, I get a US Black Hole - possibly if/when I start going to the States more in the next couple of years, and can view a few pins (pin #6)
I might, theoretically, want to get a cheeky EM as well. I like Jackā€™s Open/Lucky Hand, but am also open to Blast Off. Again, not many of those in the UK, so I might need to import.

I donā€™t really want any more than six pins as - based on our experience with 800+ board games - the marginal pleasure of extra items flattens off and eventually decreases. We canā€™t fit more than 4-5 pins into the house for the next 2-3 years, anyway.

Out of the pins we already have, I think LoTR will get sold first - and Iā€™m not looking to sell that for a fair old while.

Wow !
One is plenty enough for me, well at least for now.
I could sell my two retro fruit machines to make room šŸ˜‚
Top gears and Royale exchange both good Nick with batteryā€™s took of boards with a spare mpu each too !

Yes, but I want one with a spinning back-glass :eek:

I know thatā€™s a little picky, but - if that isnā€™t a US edition - I can probably import one from the States in a couple of years.

And, yes, Black Hole is beautiful and seems to be massively under-rated - at least, here in the UK. I absolutely love it on Pinball Arcade. The dual playfield, the constant threat on each playfield, and the challenge of getting multi-ball is just something special, and it looks pretty amazing with full LEDs (disappears into praising Black Holeā€¦ :D).
You're taking a lot for granted and wishful thinking. Almost certainly not going to happen realistically.

Wow !
One is plenty enough for me, well at least for now.
I could sell my two retro fruit machines to make room šŸ˜‚
Top gears and Royale exchange both good Nick with batteryā€™s took of boards with a spare mpu each too !
Well, Fish Tales is currently out of action, and so I couldnā€™t get onto the pinball machines on Friday night!

I had my older son playing Godzilla, my husband playing Lord of the Rings, and my toddler playing Fish Tales with non-working flippers.

If Iā€™m lucky enough to have a third kid, Iā€™ll need five pins just to get a game in!

Iā€™ve already had to order an extra step-up stool because my toddler keeps nicking the one in the kitchen to play Fish Tales.

You're taking a lot for granted and wishful thinking. Almost certainly not going to happen realistically.
I donā€™t see why not. A mint Black Hole US edition is $5k in the US, and Iā€™ve got costings and details for how to book a container to ship one into the UK.

Given Iā€™ve imported/exported items as random as a crokinole board from Canada and Games Workshop stuff to Australia, I donā€™t see why a pin should be any different.

It is just a matter of whether we can afford one or not, which is about lifestyle/geopolitical/economic factors and not the plausibility of any particular pin. There are plenty of Black Holes in the USA - itā€™s not rare over there. Given there are people spending Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£ on NIB JJP pins, especially, itā€™s not unrealistic that I could pay dramatically less than that to import something I really wantā€¦

Last edited:
If suggestions are still invited, a very left-field candidate is Bally Spectrum. Themed from the Mastermind colour-code challenge game, and a 'what the flip is this about?' type of game. Another low production run, though. The reason being unsold units, since no-one (myself included) understood it.

I should think the toddler's landed to have Fish Tales working again.

Iā€™ll look it
If suggestions are still invited, a very left-field candidate is Bally Spectrum. Themed from the Mastermind colour-code challenge game, and a 'what the flip is this about?' type of game. Another low production run, though. The reason being unsold units, since no-one understood it.

I should think the toddler's landed to have Fish Tales working again.

UPDATE: Looked up Spectrum. Thanks for the suggestion :) It is a bit of board gamer's crack cocaine, that one. I'm not familiar with the game Mastermind, but it reminds me a little bit of solo Hanabi, or similar, but in a pinball table. I'm not sure what I think to it. I think I had eight pins, I would definitely consider getting one, but I'm not sure how I'd feel about it being one of four, and our only example of an 70s/80s pin - especially as it seems to be pricer (in the States, at least) than the widely-produced old Sterns (e.g. Meteor) due to novelty and rarity. I've added it, cautiously, to the list anyway :)

The toddler is delighted to have Fish Tales working again. He keeps bringing his little stool and pointing at the DMD shouting ā€œFish. Fishā€ šŸ˜

Last edited:
Hey you gotta get a mastermind board game - icon of the 1970's is that !!
I don't have a historical collection, over here :p

I did for a while. I had stuff like a 1963 3M bookcase edition of Acquire, the Valley Games reprint of Avalon Hill's Titan, and a box set of Monad/Venture/Sleuth. It was just taking up room, without getting played, so I think the oldest board game we have here now is my mum's Totopoly - and that's entirely here for sentimental reasons.

Back
Top Bottom