What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired I'm after any of these titles (70s/early 80s-style)...

Expired Due to no activity

VeeMonroe

Registered
I'm planning to sell the dog end of our huge board game collection to fund a fourth pin within the next few months.

I'm looking for a late 70s/early 80s-style pin to complement our existing collection.

Possible candidates:

Black Hole (US edition)
Nine Ball
Meteor (with decent playfield)
Quicksilver
Alien Poker
Flash Gordon
Laser Cue
Harlem Globetrotters
Robo-War
TX Sector
Lucky Hand/Jack's Open/Jacks to Open (Jacks to Open has vile artwork)

These are all pins I've either played online and/or in person, or done enough research that I'm willing to consider. I'm open to other pins, as well.

If you're looking to sell one of these in a few months, or know anyone who might be thinking of letting one go, please PM me.

I'm looking for a really strong accuracy-based shooter. Stuff I'm massively into includes:
  • Sequenced drop targets
  • Scissor flippers
  • Inline drop targets
  • Arduino-based modern code on Github to add wizard modes/music
  • Quirky **** (e.g. Black Hole's second playfield, multiple flippers)
  • Replacement playfields available from CPR (if necessary)
  • Poker and space themes
I'm hoping to come in with a budget of £1.2k to £2.2k for an early SS, less for an EM. Don't know how realistic that is so, again, all comments welcome on the budget.

I can do a bit of project work right now, but not looking for a massive project right now to get a pin working.

If suggesting other pins, I'm willing to compromise a bit on the pukey-ness of the artwork (on other pins), but no pins with prominent orientalism/racism/excessive boobage on the artwork please.

Last edited:
I doubt a decent Blackhole would fall within your budget these days.
Black Hole (US) is, yeah, probably outside the budget. It is a bit of a grail for me, however.

I was quoted £4k landed for importing a US edition back in November. I put the money towards GZ Prem because my five year old wanted that!

There was an export edition here a few weeks ago, which people thought would be £1.2-1.5k and I realised it would cost another £2.5k to convert into a 'proper' Black Hole (redoing the back box, importing the twin back glasses, buying a motor and printing the spinning disk) from there. So, again, £4k or so, possibly more because the guy evidently didn't want to sell at that price.

I'm hoping a US edition in the UK would be cheaper than £4k, but there are only three that I know of and none of them are for sale... so, yeah, adding Black Hole is a bit of a fishing expedition.

What do you mean by sequenced drop targets? Not heard that term before.

What do you mean by sequenced drop targets? Not heard that term before.
It's on, for example, Alien Poker. You need to hit the drop targets in order, or they reset/you lose points.

I also really enjoy the big bank of drop targets on Jack's Open where you need to create a series of poker hands. You can knock down all the targets on that one without a penalty, but it's more efficient to only hit the ones you need.

It gives a very different feel from many newer machines because it's all about slower play and accurate target shooting.

It's on, for example, Alien Poker. You need to hit the drop targets in order, or they reset/you lose points.

I also really enjoy the big bank of drop targets on Jack's Open where you need to create a series of poker hands. You can knock down all the targets on that one without a penalty, but it's more efficient to only hit the ones you need.

It gives a very different feel from many newer machines because it's all about slower play and accurate target shooting.
Drop targets with a purpose 🤘🏻 I love sequenced target games, certainly helps to home-in your accuracy instead of just slamming a target bank down however you like. Goodluck in your search, let us know what you find 😁

Amazingly, none of my current pins have drop targets.

This is a crime against pinball that I wish to rectify!

A few of mine have them. I get most of my Drop Target kicks on my Skateball though :cool: 😍

2170f1.jpg
2170f2.jpg

A few of mine have them. I get most of my Drop Target kicks on my Skateball though :cool: 😍

View attachment 162393View attachment 162394
I’m sure they have one of these at Pinball Republic and, for some reason, I’ve completely overlooked it and got it mixed up in my head with Rollergames, which is completely different :oops:

I’m going to have to have a look next time I go - see if they still have it.
Heinous crime. At least tell us they have a spinner.
Godzilla has three!

I love drop targets. bally seemed to like to put plenty in : centaur 3 lots, fireball ii 3 lots, paragon 2 lots, fathom 4 lots, 8 ball deluxe 2 lots. my big complaint about goldball was no drops. the later kings of steel has a nice active set of drops. elektra i’m selling is going party due to lack of drops - it only has the captive ball drop - not very exciting. just sold meteor with 4 sets and cosmic gunfight with 3 sets and already regretting it!!! 😂. still got lightning which has 4 sets though👍😃

I love drop targets. bally seemed to like to put plenty in : centaur 3 lots, fireball ii 3 lots, paragon 2 lots, fathom 4 lots, 8 ball deluxe 2 lots. my big complaint about goldball was no drops. the later kings of steel has a nice active set of drops. elektra i’m selling is going party due to lack of drops - it only has the captive ball drop - not very exciting. just sold meteor with 4 sets and cosmic gunfight with 3 sets and already regretting it!!! 😂. still got lightning which has 4 sets though👍😃
You missed Flash Gordon. A nightmare to replace them all..!

Also available to play at SWL... :cool:
I’ve played it at Pinball Republic :)

I like it. I LOVE the scissor flippers, but it feels - at the margins - it’s more about the spinners than the drop-down targets.

We’re discussing trying to visit SWL from here in London - there are childcare issues to organise around :D

Tx sector has some nice spinners and drops but they're not sequenced except you can only knock one bank down at a time and both banks will reset

I’ve played it at Pinball Republic :)

I like it. I LOVE the scissor flippers, but it feels - at the margins - it’s more about the spinners than the drop-down targets.

We’re discussing trying to visit SWL from here in London - there are childcare issues to organise around :D
It's all about the drops, then the spinner

Robowar, drop target and spinner heaven😎
Yes. I should have mentioned that giant mecha is a definite thumbs-up from me! 👍
Tx sector has some nice spinners and drops but they're not sequenced except you can only knock one bank down at a time and both banks will reset
I’m just trying TX Sector on Pinball Arcade. Yes, really nice spinners and drops (and quite good music) although, as you mention, the drops aren’t sequenced.

I’ve now played about two hours solid of TX Sector on Pinball Arcade when I should have been doing something more useful (I’d never played it before). So, thanks for that… :p:cool:;)

Last edited:
TX Sector is a great game - when it arrived here (same day as Theatre) I definitely didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did.

And I love the music!

Back
Top Bottom