What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If You like Pina Coladas...

Nice machine Jim loved playing one of these at Daventry - high on the list - so if you get a little bored ........;)

Cheers

kev

A quick note regarding cleland updates for v1.06. Anyone else confused as to why the new images are 16gb in size when the stern cards are 8gb ones.

I took a look and did some cleaning up! 8gb of unallocated space clustering up our hard drives!

before

IMG_3043.JPG

after

IMG_3044.JPG

If anyone wants a nice optimised 8gb card image cleland v1.06 for their pro drop me a message :)

Folks coming down the drax shot from the pop bumbers my GOTG clips the sling just want to check that’s normal? I don’t recall it doing that on other games I’ve played?

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Folks coming down the drax shot from the pop bumbers my GOTG clips the sling just want to check that’s normal? I don’t recall it doing that on other games I’ve played?

Neil

Yeah not right, mine feeds to right flipper though it’s close to the rhs sling

I'm on hols now so I decided to have a go at a new file based on the sinestro/cleland version. I updated the main tune songs so there is more variety in them rather than just the 4, but kept the stock mode score music and the proper actor quotes. I also changed the I want you back end of game music to the chain.

Main song playlist is now:

Cherry Bomb
Hooked on a feeling
Aint no mountain high enough
The Chain
Come alittle bit closer
Moonage daydream
Lake Shore Drive
Fox on the Run
The Rubberband Man
Surrender
I Want You Back

So the game picks from the above when you are out of mode.

and Mr Blue Sky for mode select (from the Cleland version)

If nobody objects I can share this version for use via pm. I will probably try to improve it little to as I get time. Of course this is just a small tweak from the awesome work by Cleland

need a favour please peeps :D

Can someone with a pro take a picture of the underside of the play field where the drop target for orb is. Mine has decided to self destruct, and what's mental is that there are parts missing that aren't anywhere in the cabinet!

Neil.

Just joined the GOTG club. Loving the machine. Thanks @Darthsinex
A question to all you Pina Coladas.

When I get a replay, due to scoring over the set amount, it appears that I get a “shoot again” extra ball. (Unless I got this during the game and missed it)
Is this how it should be? Or am I technically cheating with this.
I don’t mind extra balls being collected during the gameplay, but not for my total score.

Is there a way to turn this off in the settings?

Thanks Paul. So just missing two screws. Thought I was missing a spring also.

When I get a replay, due to scoring over the set amount, it appears that I get a “shoot again” extra ball. (Unless I got this during the game and missed it)
I don’t mind extra balls being collected during the gameplay, but not for my total score.

Game is set to give a free ball on replay - but not cheating but wouldn’t happen in a tournament. You can change it in the settings.

Welcome to the club! Great game. Look for replay type in your standard adjustment settings if you don’t want an extra ball for a replay level. There will be options like credit, extra ball, audit etc.

Neil

What did you do @Neil McRae to stop this happening. What the level off?
Mine has just started doing it and I wondered if it’s just been nudged off level, or if there is something that has come adrift

Well, today marks the end of the ownership for me on this cracking game. Been a real tough one to let go to be honest, but limited space, resources and new games coming means you have to be hard to yourself!!

As a mark of the end for me, i give you all this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f2aqcssxwf8uzmp/gotg-mypinballs106-8gb.img?dl=0

This is my 'remix' for gotg pro. Based on cleland's sinestro version. I added alot of songs to the general tape play mode, so there is a lot more variation. I also defaulted the build to the settings that i like to use on games.

Main song playlist is now:

Cherry Bomb
Hooked on a feeling
Aint no mountain high enough
The Chain
Come alittle bit closer
Moonage daydream
Lake Shore Drive
Fox on the Run
The Rubberband Man
Surrender
I Want You Back

Mr Blue Sky for mode select (from the Cleland version)
The Chain for game over music

I hope you like it.

so I did the washer trick on my magnet on GOTG, but its made jack **** difference. Thinking of replacing the coil but not convinced it will make a difference - any ideas?

I too would like to know how to get better magnets. I have put washers on all 3 of the magnets on the LE... does make some difference, but balls still Drain when Groot spits them out :(

I too would like to know how to get better magnets. I have put washers on all 3 of the magnets on the LE... does make some difference, but balls still Drain when Groot spits them out :(
These instructions worked for me. It’s the core that needs to be pushed closer or flush to the pf, not the magnet/coil. The ball is supposed to be grabbed when ejecting from the ORB shot, not sure about groot

Attachments

• C84B8BB9-4EC4-4988-A10C-49C8E0C520DF.png
    C84B8BB9-4EC4-4988-A10C-49C8E0C520DF.png
    124 KB · Views: 34
  • B7D0E6C0-2FC2-423C-8B81-E42788EE753C.png
    B7D0E6C0-2FC2-423C-8B81-E42788EE753C.png
    130.9 KB · Views: 33
Orb catch is fine for me. Groot multiballs always drains one or two balls immediately. Any fix for that?

When you say drain what do you mean? Because the magnet sucks or what?

I have mine on virtual locks so he never spits the ball out.

Groot kick out the balls at the start pf multiball - 1, 2 or sometimes 3 STDM drain. Not a problem because of ball save, but crap nonetheless. Can't remember if the magnet swerves them or not (sometimes)

Magents should catch the balls and take them of course for a SDTM drain. Yeah Ball save kicks them out but it is still disappointing, kinda takes the magic out of the start of multiball

Back
Top Bottom